Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
source

I'll keep here but will be moving to Programming Forum

David Sehring, senior vice president and general manager of the high-definition network Monsters HD, told SCI FI Wire that the channel has several high-profile events lined up for October. "Basically every day is Halloween on Monsters HD," Sehring said in an interview. "We are doing something fun called 'Howl-ween' with some of the Howling movies, I think we've got II, III, V and VI, American Werewolf in London, Silver Bullet, Ginger Snaps, I Was a Teenage Werewolf, Werewolves on Wheels. And then we have a little something we're calling 'Jason vs. Michael vs. Leatherface vs. Freddy' where we're just grouping up all our Halloween films, Texas Chainsaw Massacre I through IV, obviously Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th. I think people are interested in these monsters and they're still quite vibrant today."

Monsters HD launched last year as part of the VOOM high-definition satellite service. Sehring, who programmed the popular "Monsterfest" movie festivals for traditional cable channel American Movie Classics, said that the channel is broadening its spectrum with premieres, exclusives and original programming. In addition to "Howl-ween," the channel's October offerings will include a night of films hosted by Cabin Fever director and horror fanatic Eli Roth, a documentary series focusing on different aspects of fandom titled Monsterama, a festival of 1980s slasher films, the premiere of Bubba Ho-Tep, starring Bruce Campbell, and the original documentary Tales from the Crypt: From Horror Comics to Television, about controversial comic-book publisher EC Comics.

Sehring assured horror fans that the channel will stay faithful to the spirit of the horror genre with its continued focus on independent and alternative content. "If you take a look at our schedule you can see we're the real deal," he said. "If horror fans want the goods, they can get this just by going out and getting VOOM."

Nice plug in SCI Fi Wire.. MonstersHD is definately a premiere Voom exclusive channel. MonstersHD, Rave, Rush, Worldsport, "earn their keep" so to speak.

if voom is greedy, they could try to spin off monster and sell it to other providers. if they're smart, they will keep it exclusive to voom.

incidentally, i see a lot of interesting movies on IFC. can't voom get the hd transfer and put them on cinema10? i really can't watch SD movies any more. DVD is as "low" as I'll go :)

I tell you something...if I ever were to get rid of VOOM...which I dont plan on...I would really miss MonstersHD. It really makes the VOOm exclusives worth while.

i also find myself watching this channel alot. Voom needs to get the word out on this channel and other exclusives.

Elvis Presley on Divine-HD?

ESPN 2 in HD starting in Jan 2005

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)