Odd behavior with remote

aviation76

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 23, 2007
DFW, TX
Hello everyone,

The remote paired with my Joey is turning off my TV (Vizio E420i-B0) when I am using functions related to Joey (eg. fast-forward, DVR, skip, etc). I installed a fresh set of batteries but the behavior is still evident. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

I uncoupled the remote with the TV. Issue still persisted. I changed the TV code for the remote. Issue still persisted. I noticed that the TV button located at the top of the remote sporadically illuminates and then the TV is turned off. Sounds like I have a faulty remote. :(

Well, it appears that the issue is resolved:amen. Turning off HDMI-CEC seems to have did the trick. It's odd that this started to act up now...I've always had this feature turned on and never experienced any issues. I am running S523 (Hopper w/ Sling) and S394 (Joey).

Well...I thought the problem was solved. It was fine for a few days and then one night the remote kept turning my TV off. I had to obstruct the IR diode on the remote to prevent the TV from turning off constantly (what a nuisance!). Anyway, called DISH tech support and they sent me a replacement 40.0 remote. Looks like problem solved...at least I hope:rolleyes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)