Odd but annoying thing with NHL CI

Sileny Jizda

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 5, 2007
Hell's Outhouse, Ohio
This whole time I thought I payed for the commercials too, silly me. I thought it was funny at first but now it's more annoying than anything to the point of frustration. At least I can hit recall for another game I suppose.

:rolleyes:

commercialdw8.jpg

I hate that damn screen saver, let us who payed for this package enjoy the commercial free OTA feeds. Plus the music is 5 times louder than the broadcast. Stupid Dish!

I've been watching Penguins games and I have yet to see that. What games do you normally watch and get that image??
I particularly love watching the King's restaurants commercials, as there isn't a Kings restaurant in WV... Gonna have to trek up to Pitt and try one! lol

You see that on raw feeds. They don't want you hearing them talk when they think they are 'off air'. It's very amusing.

This whole time I thought I payed for the commercials too, silly me. I thought it was funny at first but now it's more annoying than anything to the point of frustration. At least I can hit recall for another game I suppose.

commercialdw8.jpg

It seems to me that you get this splash when the feed is not the primary feed IE when the Detroit feed is not FSN Detroit but channel 50.
Which happens about 10 times a year.

I can deal with that. What annoys me is when the postgame show gets cut off quickly. :(

The Canes start? Not annoying at all. :)

We were watching the Dallas Stars game last night. The quick cut from the post game show is kinda funky as well. Then again the Stars played just as funky last night. Losing a 1 point lead and the whole game in a matter of 2 minutes is messed up something bad.

commercialdw8.jpg

This shows up on CI feeds that are on OTA channels. Such as when the PHX Coyotes or San Jose Sharks are on their local OTA staion and that is the feed picked up by CI..The idea is the local station does not want the local commmercials seen outside the market. I cannot fathom a guess as to why. I believe the Dallas Stars appear on an OTA local once in a while as do the ST' Louis Blues..Anyone plaese chime in as this info is what was told to me by a failrly reliable source.

This shows up on CI feeds that are on OTA channels. Such as when the PHX Coyotes or San Jose Sharks are on their local OTA staion and that is the feed picked up by CI..The idea is the local station does not want the local commercials seen outside the market. I cannot fathom a guess as to why. I believe the Dallas Stars appear on an OTA local once in a while as do the ST' Louis Blues..Anyone please chime in as this info is what was told to me by a frilly reliable source.

Yes but when the feed is the local FSN then you get local commercials.
It is hard to understand but I can live with it since I usually switch away on the time outs.

This shows up on CI feeds that are on OTA channels. Such as when the PHX Coyotes or San Jose Sharks are on their local OTA staion and that is the feed picked up by CI..The idea is the local station does not want the local commmercials seen outside the market. I cannot fathom a guess as to why. I believe the Dallas Stars appear on an OTA local once in a while as do the ST' Louis Blues..Anyone plaese chime in as this info is what was told to me by a failrly reliable source.
No, its not because they don't want you to see the local commercials, it is because they don't have the commercials. As someone stated before this slate only occurs when it is an OTA feed. CI picks up local OTA games via a satellite feed from the arena. For OTA games, the local broadcaster cuts to commercial from their broadcast facilities, not from the arena. I have actually seen CI forget to put up the slate a couple of times and have enjoyed at least 20-30 seconds of the random talking that goes on during the breaks. This doesn't occur when you have games via RSNs since those feeds aren't picked up in the raw directly from the arenas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)