Odd issue with refer a friend

lparsons21

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 17, 2009
Herrin, IL 62948
I had a refer a friend coupon that was activated on 6/27/2013. So I should have seen the credits start and the PPV coupons (this was my 1st referral) on 6/29/2013 according to the referrals page at mydish.com. But it didn't show up.

PM'd StephenH on the DIRT team and he checked it for me and it showed that it was scheduled to post to my account in 8-10 more weeks. He also said that it was automated and he couldn't override it, but he did refer me to the 'gifts' dept.

Called them, talked to a very nice young lady here in the US (YEAH!!) and she was able to get it straightened out with some override she could do.

Bottom line is you have to followup on these things as it isn't unheard of for the referral to somehow go up in smoke... :)
?

First two referrals I did never did show up.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Mine showed up just fine the day after the friend had her install, so I was just watching for the credits and PPV to show up.

Thanks to StephenH on the Dirt team and the dept he referred me to, we got it straightened out.

I was watching closely because of the threads I've read in many places that talked about disappearing or never appearing referrals.
?

Don't get me wrong- I had one go thru successfully recently, and perhaps another a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

There are things that should be noted on ALL of the referral web pages that are only on one page, and if you don't need that one page, as I didn't, you, obviously, don't see them.
The referral has to be in place for 31 days before you start getting credits. It looks like you were right about that time when you called, Lloyd. The other issue I had with my referral was that PPV coupons were offered--I didn't see that it was only for the very first referral you ever do. I complained about the lack of notation on that, and they gave me three anyway. Then you still have to wait 8-10 weeks, after the referral has been in place for 31 days. Seems that PPV coupons could be entered well before all that time goes by, especially since they are just noted on your account page.
Glad you got it settled to your satisfaction!

Thanks. So am I! :)

What hit me as odd was that the referral I used from a friend of mine when I came back worked fine for him. The credits started showing up, and the PPV coupons showed up about a month after I signed up. No hassle and he didn't call, they just did what the referral page says they are supposed to do.

The page now shows that PPVs are given only with the 1st referral and it did when I first checked it.

The page also says the credits and PPV will show up 31 days later, and I suppose sometimes it does but as I found out, not always.

Oddly nothing says anything at all about that 8-10 weeks! :(
?

I had a refer a friend coupon that was activated on 6/27/2013. So I should have seen the credits start and the PPV coupons (this was my 1st referral) on 6/29/2013 according to the referrals page at mydish.com. But it didn't show up.

PM'd StephenH on the DIRT team and he checked it for me and it showed that it was scheduled to post to my account in 8-10 more weeks. He also said that it was automated and he couldn't override it, but he did refer me to the 'gifts' dept.

Called them, talked to a very nice young lady here in the US (YEAH!!) and she was able to get it straightened out with some override she could do.

Bottom line is you have to followup on these things as it isn't unheard of for the referral to somehow go up in smoke... :)
?

Referral credits for whatever we're calling the program this week (Refer-a-friend, Dish Friends, etc) do indeed take several weeks. It's a safety valve to not have the credit show on the referring account until the new account has been active a while, as a fraud prevention method. I am guessing that if you raised enough fuss, you were given the credits manually, and they will show up as agent credits, and not as refer-a-friend.

I would assume the reason Dish waits approximately 45-60 days after activation is to make sure that new account is going to be kept active and in good standing. I don't have any of the language with me to verify that at the moment, though.

The web page at mydish.com specifically says the credits and PPV (if the first referral) will show up 31 days after activation. It isn't an ambiguous statement and is not open to interpretation.

In my case the activation was on 6/27/2013, so according to the page those credits and such should have kicked in automagically on 6/29/2013. But what kicked in was a note on my account stating they would show up after another 8-10 weeks. Here's a quote from that page:

[COLOR=rgb(27.058820%, 27.058820%, 27.058820%)]Your $5 credit per month for 10 months will begin to be reflected on the first statement after your friend's account has been active for 31 daysYour 5 free Pay-Per-View certificates will be available at mydish.com/ppvcerts after your first referral has been active for 31 days
?
[/COLOR]

?

31 days after your referral activates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)