Odd LNB

Discussion in 'Free To Air (FTA) Discussion' started by Alexander Olar, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Alexander Olar

Alexander Olar Topic Starter SatelliteGuys Pro

So today I picked up a 90cm dish (restoration thread to follow) And the owner of the dish also gave me a Dish Network Canada BSCH83P81 LNB. I tried the LNB and it appears to be linear with a LO of 10750. I’m totally confused. There isn’t Dish Network in Canada and they don’t make Linear LNB’s. Any ideas? [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. etlam34

etlam34 Active SatelliteGuys Member

Before bell tv there was bell expressvu and before that there was expressvu dish network canada (1996-1997). They were using a ku linear satellite before moving to dbs. The dish was 24” with the lnb that you have in the pictures. Shaw direct ( star choice ) satellite dishes and lnbs can also be used for ku fta. There was even a company back in 1996 that didn’t last long called alphastar was broadcasting on 97 both canadians and us tv channels. It was the only pay satellite tv company allowed to sell their services in both canada and the us.

3. pacificrim

pacificrim SatelliteGuys Pro
    Pub Member / Supporter

It looks a lot like the linear LNB I recently stuck a dielectric plate into to get 11.7-12.2 circular. No wonder it was so easy.

Separate names with a comma.

More...