odd WHDVR issue??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

david_gilbert

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 6, 2009
ms
I recently upgraded to Genie and the tech install a DECA broadband and disconnected the ethernet cable from my HR24, no big deal as i was fine with getting a supported MRV setup for free anyway. Everything worked great for several days but now i have a strange issue. From the Genie or either of the 2 clients i cannot see the playlist of the HR24 even though the HR24 is set to share. But from the HR24 i can see the Genie playlist just fine, i can watch anything on it.

I've RBR the HR24, but not the Genie yet since the wife is currently watching Cake Boss. But has anyone else had a similar issue?

For the record i have the Slimline dish with a SWiM 3 feeding a 8 port SWiM switch. The SWiM power inserter is on the HR24 feed and the BBDECA is at the Genie.

Rerun the network setup on all the receivers. If that doesn't work power down the entire system and let it sit for about 30 seconds then plug each receiver back in one at a time. Make sure to kill the power to the power inserter as well

try the above steps, or first just red button reset (button behind the door that holds the access cards on the DVR's, and I believe its on the side of the clients) all machines, usually that clears it up for me on my WH issues..they happen, but not much.

Quick check: Hit the list button, then the button for options (I think its the dash key).. Check to make sure the playlist is set to all.

RBR on all did nothing. I turned off the sharing and then reenabled it and walked thru the network setup again and they seem to be working now. I think it is related to a power blip we had a few days before this, the Genie is on a UPS but the HR24 is not so i think it corrupted something in the settings.

Thanks for the help guys!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)