Odd...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

msnyder

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 22, 2004
Okay, mark this one as the oddest thing I've ever seen. The storms from West Texas/New Mexico have made their way into Tyler... It was just barely coming down and Voom just froze. It was sitting frozen and pixlated for 10-15 minutes, then it started coming down like a cow pissing on a flat rock, and the PQ is as good as ever. What gives, it it can withstand this kind of rainfall, why not a little drizzle?

when it rains i hate satellite..never knew how bad this could get. should have believed the cable commercials. i cant watch even if its the slightest rain. thank God for high speed internet..so i wont be that bored.

oh i forgot to mention..i get free basic cable (75 channels). so i guess i wont be "vooming" when it rains.

Last week we had a steady rain one day, and my picture on Voom kept going. Then one day a big black cloud for a few minutes and no rain at all showed up and there was no picture for a few minutes.

Lem52

The weather conditions directly above you aren't necessarily the same as what's in your line of sight. Your dish doesn't point straight up.

oh i forgot to mention..i get free basic cable (75 channels). so i guess i wont be "vooming" when it rains.
You could always install a larger dish. :) I have had no problems in the rain with my 24" (got 76 signal on original software, 98 now).

Ken F said:
The weather conditions directly above you aren't necessarily the same as what's in your line of sight. Your dish doesn't point straight up.

Bingo

You might never see the rain that causes you to suffer from rain fade.

I do have to admit that my dish network has been rock solid in all but the most torrential squalls. So in that respect, cable companies can [insert favorite disparaging remark].

Yeah, I never had any problems with rain when I had DishNetwork, on the other hand when I had DirecTV it was just like Voom; cut out everytime it clouded up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)