off air digital issues with wkef 22-1 of dayton

classic cartoon fan

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 3, 2006
Preble County, Ohio
I live about 15 miles from dayton and should have no problems with the stations.
Except digital 22-1 has a week signal through my Dish 622. The signal strenght is usually in the mid sixties and will pixelate quite often. The other digital stations pick up well over 90 precent and have no pixelation. Even with the antenna pointed directly at dayton. My Tv 64 of Cincinatti comes in around 75 percent and even digital 5 of cincy will do better sometimes. I live directly west of Dayton so the antenna points east.
So does anybody know what the deal is with this channel? Please let me know if anyone wants more info on my antenna set up.

Old thread - new info. I too live close to Dayton and I too have had 'no signal' on WKEF DTV for some time now. When repeated emails went unanswered, I called the station and asked to speak to the chief engineer (btw: I have a background in television engineering and I know my stuff). After being kept on hold for about 5 minutes, I was told by the C.S. rep. that NO, they would not be swapping transmitters or boosting their signal - not now, not Feb. 17, not ever, no way. UPDATE! Surprise, surprise - as of midnight January 26th they are transmitting with LOTS more power. I now get a higher signal reading on WKEF-22 than the 1000kw stations WDTN-2 and WHIO-7. If only station management cared enough to keep their viewers informed! What morons.

Yup. I now receive WKEF here in Cincinnati (Northern suburb) no problem. Though the signal is not as strong as 2 or 7 it is now comparable to 45, maybe a little stronger. The only two dayton channels I still have trouble with are 16 (cam get once in a while) and 26 (never been able to receive DT channel--TV channel comes in clear as day).

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)