Office of President cannot remove flags. My next move?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The flag or flags are your fault! I am sure you asked for credits rather than them being offered.
Bite the bullet and cancel or pay full price like most if not all their other customers do.

From my reading, if you do the csr roulette and make a lot of moves getting discounts, or doing the "want to cancel" boogie to get cheap stuff, they eventually flag you and make you an unwanted customer, which means you get full price and no discounts. Also read that this stuff can stick with you years after the fact.

Now Im talking about the person that calls in to cancel a premium they dont want and then gets 50% off for 6 months if they opt to keep it. End of the day, once you have abused the "discount" process you get a flag and it does not come off with time was my understanding.

From my reading, if you do the csr roulette and make a lot of moves getting discounts, or doing the "want to cancel" boogie to get cheap stuff, they eventually flag you and make you an unwanted customer, which means you get full price and no discounts. Also read that this stuff can stick with you years after the fact.

Now Im talking about the person that calls in to cancel a premium they dont want and then gets 50% off for 6 months if they opt to keep it. End of the day, once you have abused the "discount" process you get a flag and it does not come off with time was my understanding.

So, your saying, If I have a premium and call in to cancel (they won't let you cancel it online anymore ... the reason why is so they can try to get you to keep it) and they offer me a discount to keep it, thats a BAD on my part ?

They are the ones offering it.

The flag or flags are your fault! I am sure you asked for credits rather than them being offered.
Bite the bullet and cancel or pay full price like most if not all their other customers do.

You are making assumtions without the facts.

So, your saying, If I have a premium and call in to cancel (they won't let you cancel it online anymore ... the reason why is so they can try to get you to keep it) and they offer me a discount to keep it, thats a BAD on my part ?

They are the ones offering it.

My statement should have said "Now Im not talking about the person that calls in to cancel a premium they dont want and then gets 50% off for 6 months if they opt to keep it".

I'm talking about the folks that call in with some effort. It can and will catch you from my reading. Like I said, and Im not sure how true it is, I also think once you get the flag it doesnt come off. Doesnt matter if its been 24 months since your last "discount" or 72. Not sure if thats 100% accurate though.

Update I pulled the plug on my account. I just feel I deserve better than that. Flagged indefinitely does not work For me. Some folks assume the worst. Totally Not the case. I know the story since I've lived it. 2 years ago major equipment issues. They over credited me. Period. Nothing more nothing less. I have been on auto payment for years. Been with Direc since 1997. Top tier customer with multiple sports packages. Plus I pay in full no payment plan. I have not gotten nor received any promos in 2 Years. So goodbye Direc for now. Not thrilled with all this but it's time. Also not a Direc hater! Great product.

Last edited:
Update I pulled the plug on my account. I just feel I deserve better than that. Flagged indefinitely does not work For me. Some folks assume the worst. Totally Not the case. I know the story since I've lived it. 2 years ago major equipment issues. They over credited me. Period. Nothing more nothing less. I have been on auto payment for years. Been with Direc since 1997. Top tier customer with multiple sports packages. Plus I pay in full no payment plan. I have not gotten nor received any promos in 2 Years. So goodbye Direc for now. Not thrilled with all this but it's time. Also not a Direc hater! Great product.

Come back in August when they have thier best promo's !

Then again, they may OFFER you enough to come back once they start sending you the "We Miss You " stuff in the mail and on the phone.

They WILL be calling and writing.

Then again, they may OFFER you enough to come back once they start sending you the "We Miss You " stuff in the mail and on the phone.

Thanks Chip and Jimbo.
Good advice/support!
Id rather come back sooner than later.
Id only come back with a clean slate.

So in the meantime ill be using my Dish
system full time.

Pulling the plug was the only way. Hope it all works out for ya buddy.

jimbo's right. when i left dtv a few years ago, i got a letter in the mail every month offering me a slew of goodies sto come back. and i eventually did!

Yep, me too! I was getting 'come back' offers before the boxes showed up to ship the HRs back!

Now that I'm back, I'm still getting them.

I agree with those who say threaten to cancel.

Thanks all!
I did not threaten this time. Im shocked I actually did it.
I really like the Direc product no two ways about it.
Customer service for me last several years has been the pits.

We will see what offers come in. However only
way I come back is if they clean the slate.

You did what you had to do.

At one time DIRECTV was handing credits out like candy. I remember I called a few times and was given a credit and I didn't ask for one.

My how times have changed at DIRECTV. But I can't say I really blame them for tightening their belts they are in business to make money and serve their shareholders. But maybe they tightened them too much? But how much is too much? How much it too little? Hard for me to answer.

What sucks is the OP was a long time Directv subscriber and was treated this way. Not a good way to keep loyalty....

Thanks all!
I did not threaten this time. Im shocked I actually did it.
I really like the Direc product no two ways about it.
Customer service for me last several years has been the pits.

We will see what offers come in. However only
way I come back is if they clean the slate.

I know it was a tough call for you, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. I never call and threaten to cancel, if I call to cancel I'm very well prepared to do just that and have most often. I do use 'cancel' with Direct at the main menu to get to the right group when I'm trying to get some discounts, but never use that word after that unless I'm ready to cancel.

If/when you return it should be a clean slate as they give you a new account number, or at least they always have with me. Even have to think up a new email address to use to get the online account going. If you get the deals in the mail I got, it will be almost exactly what the new account gets plus the 'up to' $200 for any ETF.

jimbo's right. when i left dtv a few years ago, i got a letter in the mail every month offering me a slew of goodies sto come back. and i eventually did!

Dish is the same way. Funny thing is, I got "signup deals" from each while I was a sub too. Talk about waste of money for mailers. Gimme that on my bill every month...

You did what you had to do. At one time DIRECTV was handing credits out like candy. I remember I called a few times and was given a credit and I didn't ask for one. My how times have changed at DIRECTV. But I can't say I really blame them for tightening their belts they are in business to make money and serve their shareholders. But maybe they tightened them too much? But how much is too much? How much it too little? Hard for me to answer.
You pose good questions Scott. I've been with Direc since the beginning. Paying two different bills before ussb merged With Hughs. I've seen the customer service go to extremes good and bad. But there is a middle ground. The middle ground is making sure your good subs not abusive ones are taken care of. It seems Direc missed that point with me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)