Official 622 L4.01 Discussion Thread

NURSE! WE NEED A HARMONY REMOTE FOR THIS MAN, STAT!

:D

jmel,

Got one, but it requires two things my wife cant seem to do. 1) use the harmony remote, and not the E* remote, and 2) keep the remote pointed at the TV while the macro plays out.

It is amazing, she can use the programable stove like there's not tomorrow (you have to see my big stomach to believe that one) but can not operate a simple TV set.

2nd TV is a Vista PC running Media Center, but I was able to write a script to lauch that one, she just cant turn it off. hehe

:confused:

Strange, no issues here either. Can you two that are seeing the problems give us your entire setup?

jmel,

Got one, but it requires two things my wife cant seem to do. 1) use the harmony remote, and not the E* remote, and 2) keep the remote pointed at the TV while the macro plays out.

It is amazing, she can use the programable stove like there's not tomorrow (you have to see my big stomach to believe that one) but can not operate a simple TV set.

2nd TV is a Vista PC running Media Center, but I was able to write a script to lauch that one, she just cant turn it off. hehe

:confused:

Yeah, I found that the key is randomly hiding the old remotes to help the wife "learn" to use the harmony. Once that was out of the way, the other part was easy. I said "read the screen" until it gives you options again... keeping it pointed of course... and hit the help button if you have issues.

Strange, no issues here either. Can you two that are seeing the problems give us your entire setup?

I am running a 1000+ and the single ViP622. Connected to the ViP is my Samsung TV through HDMI, and I have other TV's in the house using the RF Modulation to get their picture. I know I have a switch up on the roof, but I have no clue as to what it is. I have had this 622 for at least a year if not longer... I received it around the time they first came out. Anything else?

I just watched a NGHD show recorded from last night, no problems whatsoever. That's a strange problem ThaVWMan.

Tell me about it. And let me make it stranger!

So I tried a longer power down reboot to see if that would fix it... no dice. But, I did play with it and I have narrowed things down some. It seems I only have DVR function problems with my HD locals. I can time shift things like Food and HGTV, as well as record and replay those shows. But, when I try to do any of those things on ABC, NBC, CBS, or FOX, it just freaks out! All of the HD shows I had saved before the update were from the locals. Hows that for strange??

Can anyone go to the Diagnostics screen (Menu, 6, 3, and Counters) and look at the Lost Locks. I'm getting 12:19 now when before this update I was getting 0:0. This same thing happened on my 625 on the last software update. I think it has something to do with the "LNB Details/Compensation" they are trying to implement.

Can anyone go to the Diagnostics screen (Menu, 6, 3, and Counters) and look at the Lost Locks. I'm getting 12:19 now when before this update I was getting 0:0. This same thing happened on my 625 on the last software update. I think it has something to do with the "LNB Details/Compensation" they are trying to implement.

Mine shows 2:9 and luckly 0 Oops. :)

After seeing we both had a plus dish, I checked a little more and found I am only having the pause problem with stations coming from 118.7. It seems to be something to do with the plus dish's.

Yeah, I found that the key is randomly hiding the old remotes to help the wife "learn" to use the harmony. Once that was out of the way, the other part was easy. I said "read the screen" until it gives you options again... keeping it pointed of course... and hit the help button if you have issues.

Gonna try that, but will have to hide them under the spare tire in the trunk, if I hide them in the house he will find them, amazing she cant see the unwashed dishes in the sink, but can find any new toy I buy and try to hide. After 24 years of marriage, if I have learned anything, it's she wont try to change a tire. (guess you can teach us old dogs).

So far, everything seems great with my 622 and L4.01 (keeping my fingers crossed).

I didn't get signed up to be one of the early testers, but when I got home from work tonight, my wife informed me that the guide "looked different". When I checked it out...sure enough, I got the download anyway. So far everything appears to be working fine. Really like that when I pause a program and swap to the other tuner that it is still paused when I swap back. Now if I could just move some of my recordings to external storage... :D

also i probably missed someone say this but no need to click pip 3 times to get sied by side
just click Position when on single view and in single mode

my 522 has done this for a few weeks

Problem reported to Dish: Lock out HBOHD 9456 with intent of using HBOHD 300 as the single representation of the channel. Try doing a search for a movie using the # key to bring up the menu. The search will not yield info for either 9456 or 300 (but will display hits for all the other HBO subchannels that happen to also have a scheduled showing of the movie). Conversely lock out HBOHD 300 and do a search it will display hits for HBOHD 9456 but confuses other HBOHD subchannels (ex 301) as beiing HD (represents 301 as being an HD channel on the results screen)

I also received the L4.01 last night. No issues so far. Did anyone notice a dramatic increase in the OTA tuners sensitivity. I am receiving all of my local Detroit channels when before the update I could only receive 1 or 2 if I was lucky (they are showing good (80-100) signal stengths as well). I just wanted to make sure it wasn't an atmospheric anomaly!

Record/Pause problem for me.

I receive my locals on 118.7. The new software works great except on these HD locals. With each of them, if I pause, it will jump to live TV when I want to resume watching. Also, if I record one of these channels, the DVR jumps to show complete when I attempt to watch a recording.

I have found no other problems and love the new features.

Is anyone else seeing this problem??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)