Official 622 L4.01 Discussion Thread

Neither dfergie or I put our names on the beta list, but it spooled nonetheless.

Sounds like they are taking the Microsoft approach. Just spooling new software, even if it is buggy. The customer be damned.

BUT So far so good; no "blue screens of death" (so to speak) ;)

It also seems the "Pause bug" from L3.65 is gone. I tested it on live tv, and it worked normally.

I don't think it was ever said that only the ones that submitted their names would receive L4.01. I believe these receivers were in addition to those already planned. None of these "testers" received the load unless they were going to receive anyway.

At least that’s what I think, until I change my mind.

rocky - Can you please give me a summary description of the "Pause bug"? I want to see if this is the same thing I'm experiencing....Thanks

The "pause bug" is what happened when you hit pause on live tv, and then unpaused, and it would JUMP to live tv, instead of actually pausing.

It usually only happened if the pause was less than 30 seconds in duration; and it only occured with live tv programs, and not with DVR'd stuff. I can try to hunt down the original threads on it from last fall if you'd like.

But from my quick tests today, it seems to be gone - at least for me.

What are you experiencing?

I don't think it was ever said that only the ones that submitted their names would receive L4.01. I believe these receivers were in addition to those already planned. None of these "testers" received the load unless they were going to receive anyway.

At least that’s what I think, until I change my mind.

I understand. The software report did say that it was a phased spool. So, some of us got it, and some did not.

Its kind of curious how they wait to call for "beta" testers until they are releasing it to large numbers of customers. But I guess that gets them some feedback (which they could always get by just reading these forums!)

I understand. The software report did say that it was a phased spool. So, some of us got it, and some did not.

Its kind of curious how they wait to call for "beta" testers until they are releasing it to large numbers of customers. But I guess that gets them some feedback (which they could always get by just reading these forums!)

I meant to also say that the rest of us (those that signed up) should get L4.01 tonight.

Maybe they have come to the realization that there is a good sized group users out there that would be more that happy to help out in the release process. If they find us manageable perhaps they will call on us again.

The "pause bug" is what happened when you hit pause on live tv, and then unpaused, and it would JUMP to live tv, instead of actually pausing.

It usually only happened if the pause was less than 30 seconds in duration; and it only occured with live tv programs, and not with DVR'd stuff. I can try to hunt down the original threads on it from last fall if you'd like.

But from my quick tests today, it seems to be gone - at least for me.

What are you experiencing?

That's what I see too. Really noticable with sports. I'm glad to see it's fixed......

Had to run home at lunch (wife had an emergency, could not switch from DVD to SAT), and found I was a lucky lottery draw and got L4.01 last night. I will be playing tonight and will post anything I find.

Had to run home at lunch (wife had an emergency, could not switch from DVD to SAT), and found I was a lucky lottery draw and got L4.01 last night. I will be playing tonight and will post anything I find.

Post away!

:welcome to SatelliteGuys.US! You'll love hanging out here, and you'll learn a lot too!

NURSE! WE NEED A HARMONY REMOTE FOR THIS MAN, STAT!

:D

I signed up for the first release of 4.01. Got the corrupt drive message this morning and when I sent in a response for the bug report I got the following email back.

The release will not spool to you until early Friday morning, the popup that you got while alarming has to do only with the VOD and TV Entertainment content being deleted and will not affect any of your recordings. Thanks again for your help

Looks like they did a VOD clearing that generated the error message in preparation for 4.01. Just that a few more receivers got the VOD clearing than did the new software.

E* could save a lot of frustration with a clearer messege than the corrupt HD one. A lot of poeple have to be freaking out when the see that thinking they are going to lose all their DVR recordings.

I am happy to report that my L4.01 problem is FIXED and was not a problem with L4.01 but instead a problem with my DPP44 switch which is cascaded off my DP34 switch!

I was able to reset the switch by unplugging everything from it for a few minutes then plugging it all back in.

AGAIN THIS WAS NOT A L4.01 ISSUE! :)

I am happy to report that my L4.01 problem is FIXED and was not a problem with L4.01 but instead a problem with my DPP44 switch which is cascaded off my DP34 switch!

I was able to reset the switch by unplugging everything from it for a few minutes then plugging it all back in.

Still doesn't mean that 4.01 didn't cause your 44 to lockup.. After all it quit working after the update.. But maybe it was just coincidence..

Still doesn't mean that 4.01 didn't cause your 44 to lockup.. After all it quit working after the update.. But maybe it was just coincidence..

Right, just like my "Check Oil Level" message showing up right after I replaced the wind shield.

I've actually had that happen 2-3 times with my DPP44. It seems to not like power fluctuations much. For example, the last time it happened was during a storm & the lights flickered. Everything came back but I was missing a sat. I had to unplug the power from the switch for a minute and plugged it back in. After that, everything was ok.

Well, I just discovered I now have L401 on my early model ViP622. It sees all 3 satellites, status Good. None of my DVR'd recordings were lost, thankfully. I did not have an error message.

Now to check the features.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts