AZBOX Official announcement and launch of AzBox United States

I'm a little confused by this thread.

If the new owners of AZBox don't want Rick as a dealer, I guess they just won't sell him anymore merchandise. Case closed!

AZBox.ca/us should not be involved in this situation, as they are not the manufacturer, they do not grant exclusive right to sell AZBox, only the manufacturer can do this.

I know Rick is not well liked by some on this site and I understand why, but I have done business with Rick in the past and think he is doing a fantastic service for FTAers in North America. I also respect AZBox.ca/us for the service they provide to FTAers in North America.

I hope both distributers can get along in the future and profit from our FTA hobby.

T

Allow me to clear it up for you...

1- PWRSURGE (and aliases) found out Rick was selling to Canadians. Thinking He was the sole "authorized" distributor, cried foul and accused Rick of selling clones.
2- Rick, denied and defended himself
3- Back and forth squable.
4- Months later, just when this should have stayed a dead issue, PWRSURGE (and aliases) comes out and states "WE" are the sole distributor and opens up Azbox.US and so forth as per his announcement.

I just find it odd the "owners" of AZBOX themselves, whoever they are, havent said nor validated anything.

This is kinda like the Lance Armstrong saga.... lie, lie, lie, lie then oops my bad!

Allow me to clear it up for you...

1- PWRSURGE (and aliases) found out Rick was selling to Canadians. Thinking He was the sole "authorized" distributor, cried foul and accused Rick of selling clones.
2- Rick, denied and defended himself
3- Back and forth squable.
4- Months later, just when this should have stayed a dead issue, PWRSURGE (and aliases) comes out and states "WE" are the sole distributor and opens up Azbox.US and so forth as per his announcement.

Allow me to clear it up, as Kraven seems to have a faulty memory. (Here we go, yet again).

Clones being made in China, unauthorized Canadian dealer selling AZBox Premium +, unit from them different that units in possession of AZBox Canada (Canadian distributor), who then thought they were clones. THEN it turned out that Rick (US distributor) had sold the units to the Canadian dealer (no accusation that Rick was selling clones). Big difference in the chain of events.

All detailed in the extremely long thread:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...s-now-being-sold-in-the-North-American-market!

All this sure doesn't bolster the image of azbox as a stable product. I would stay far clear of anything listing the azbox name. Just my person opinion.

UDL out. I'm done talking about this, it's not going anywhere but in circles. Believe whatever you want.

Allow me to clear it up, as Kraven seems to have a faulty memory. (Here we go, yet again).

Clones being made in China, unauthorized Canadian dealer selling AZBox Premium +, unit from them different that units in possession of AZBox Canada (Canadian distributor), who then thought they were clones. THEN it turned out that Rick (US distributor) had sold the units to the Canadian dealer (no accusation that Rick was selling clones). Big difference in the chain of events.

All detailed in the extremely long thread:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...s-now-being-sold-in-the-North-American-market!

Keith... your buddy got upset he got a little competition then cried about it. End of story.
All this bashing/lying accomplished nothing except tarnish his reputation and that of the product he wants to sell.

Last edited:
Keith... your buddy got upset he got a little competition then cried about it. End of story.
All this bashing/lying accomplish nothing except tarnish his reputation and that of the product he wants to sell.

Think whatever you want, just get the facts/sequence of events straight. I'd do the same for you if someone made wild or inaccurate claims about something you did or said. Would then people call me "your buddy"? LOL!

Facts are pretty clear. Once party started to accuse others of being "non-authorized resellers" and they fought back.

Again, if so and so is the sole "authorized" seller/reseller of Azboxs' in Canada, then why havent the makers of the product said so?
Where's the contract or signed agreement? There's no proof yet he's going around accusing people of being "non-authorized".

Besides, these mulitple personalities and overall BS.... its starting to make Rob Ford look like the Dalai Lama.

Kraven, we went through all this previously in that mammoth thread. I have no wish to get back on the merry-go-round for another run at the topic. AZBox Canada was the authorized Canadian distributor, and even Rick's website still says (at the time of this post, at least! LOL!) that he is the "Authorized US Distributor of the AZ Box Line of Satellite Receivers!"

hXXp://www.gofastmotorsports.com/rickssatellitehome.htm (change the XX to tt)

As a consumer and dedicated FTAer.... I would *really* like to get ANY manufacturer to step up and deliver an updated 4:2:2 receiver even if it adds significant costs: there is a MARKET! This soap opera silliness has people like me with money to spend absolutely not interested. I own an AzBox Premium Plus dual tuner and am itching to buy an upgrade. I tried the Optibox Raptor dual tuner and was severely disappointed. Threads like these are killing the/your/any market. <sigh>. Amateurs.

===
Bill

I thought some of this sounded familiar with some squabble. Then I read that there was some issue with this before and it brought back the memory of that other thread a while back that I read with the squabble. I am sure some people are confused by all this while others just don't care.

I have to tell:
Don t trust Azbox or the company who bought them.It is only the trademark.
Before Azbox were sold ,contacts between reseller were broken and they were
not interested todo support anymore.
In europe only Azbox MiniMe or mediaplayer is still to have,all other
boxes are sold out!

The new Azbox titan is a complete different platform based on Arm,
no Sigma and so no 4:2:2 support will be possible.

@PwrSurge
German Myazbox forum(i have seen,you are registered there) organisized
a collection to buy azbox for some firmare devs.
Now they bought 3 boxes.With the result:all interested users can now
download the first fw from OpenATV team.
It s for free and sponsered by users!

All is open source(except Sigma related things) and can be modified
by experimental user!
Based on open source called enigma2.

I have seen that NA Me or MiniMe firmware is based on Aztrino,there
will come next time also an alternativ version out.Are you interested
to test?

Last edited:
nolipa said:
....The new Azbox titan is a complete different platform based on Arm,
no Sigma and so no 4:2:2 support will be possible.....
I see no reason to own one then. 4:2:2 is what made the AZBox desirable. I hope my Elite lasts a long time. ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Kraven, we went through all this previously in that mammoth thread. I have no wish to get back on the merry-go-round for another run at the topic. AZBox Canada was the authorized Canadian distributor, and even Rick's website still says (at the time of this post, at least! LOL!) that he is the "Authorized US Distributor of the AZ Box Line of Satellite Receivers!"

hXXp://www.gofastmotorsports.com/rickssatellitehome.htm (change the XX to tt)

As a consumer and dedicated FTAer.... I would *really* like to get ANY manufacturer to step up and deliver an updated 4:2:2 receiver even if it adds significant costs: there is a MARKET! This soap opera silliness has people like me with money to spend absolutely not interested. I own an AzBox Premium Plus dual tuner and am itching to buy an upgrade. I tried the Optibox Raptor dual tuner and was severely disappointed. Threads like these are killing the/your/any market. <sigh>. Amateurs.

===
Bill

Coming in very late to all of this controversy, I will just state that I had never heard of AzBox, let alone have considered buying a Premium Plus a couple of years ago, if it had not been for Rick's site.

Let's get some facts on the table.
OpenSat was THE manufacturer of the AZBox first and second generation receivers.
They have communicated that Rick's Satellite is the official distributor for the US (see this picture).

azbox_distributor.jpg

This is a snapshot from January 2011.There was no distributor in Canada, according to that list.
As a matter of facts, AZBox Canada became distributor not earlier then August 2011, according to that list.

Since OpenSat is no more and HTCE bought the brand and communication skills from OpenSat (meaning they do not communicate at all = personal experience), there is no telling that AZBox US is in any way an official distributor.
Seeing these facts, Rick's Satellite is still the official distributor for the US!!

So, to sum it up, AZBox Canada has initiated an unofficial outlet of AZBox receivers, which he suggests to be official.

Please read the following:
the unauthorised entry of Ricks Satellite in the Canadian market has jeopardized our ability to continue investing in development for this market. This is why we are taking action today to ensure continued development by announcing the launch of AzBox United States, or AzBox US for short.

Now, what Pwrsurge publicly communicates here is the following:
He actually confirms the unauthorised entry of AZBox Canada/US in the US market, and therefore, jeopardizing Rick's Satellite's business.

Knowing OpenSat, and knowing they have less formal contracts compared to gentlemen agreements, I would not be surprised OpenSat told Rick it was ok to sell to Canadian users.
It is even common knowledge OpenSat sold directly to dealers, without any consent of exclusive distributors in that area.

I will not say that Rick's way of doing business has been the best, but Pwrsurge should stop whining and take a look in the mirror.

Just how I see things
With regards,

Lange

It’s safe to say all concerned/opinionated have said their peace in the matter. If you want to buy from PWRSURGE, then do.. and if not, then don't.
Could someone please lock this thread since nothing contructive can or will come out of it.

Cheers, K

Last edited:
Could someone please lock this thread since nothing contructive can or will come out of it.

That's easy said. Let's damage an innocent hard worker, let's fool the consumers.

Honesty is the best policy but not when you closing critical postings or make censorship.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts