Official Date Hopper 3 and 4k Joey - January 28th

The hopper creates the server. How do you think the wireless joeys work? The ap plugs into the Ethernet port. Way more efficient without bogging down over your network.

Al I know is, when I tried it the Joey did not get an IP address or see the Hopper until I added a router. May be different now, will do some checking.

Al I know is, when I tried it the Joey did not get an IP address or see the Hopper until I added a router. May be different now, will do some checking.
the last time i used a switch was on a new install and the joeys downloaded in nothing flat! it was way better than having coax. since they are a client, it just makes more sense to run them on cat5 vs coax. i do it whenever possible

You don't need internet to use a wireless joey.

You have a Wireless access point that sits next to your hopper, that plugs into one of your eithernet ports on your Hopper.

Got nothing to do with your home network.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Who's Rey?
We should Change it to Allen Bluegrass

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
file.php

The Hopper can use two different networks... the MOCA Network or the IP Network. if your just hooker up without internet hooked to the Hopper (or HIC) then your Joeys will not have an IP address, but will still work find as they are using the Moca network. :)

Should probably change the title of this thread. It's a bit misleading since there hasn't been an official release date yet.