Official Date Hopper 3 and 4k Joey - January 28th

All will be available at the same time UNLESS you are viewing 4K content. According to reports, while watching 4K, the H3 will temporarily disable all of the other output except for HDMI.
Hmmm...that's too bad that it won't down-convert to 1080i/p for the component output. Although, not much to worry about now, since there isn't much content.

This may be a dumb question, but what is the purpose of having two ethernet ports on the back of the Hopper 3?
FYI, the Hopper 1 and 2 both have dual Ethernet ports too.

I think one use is related to the Wireless Joey's access point, though I may be wrong as I don't have one and have never seen one. Do you connect the AP to the Hopper, which then talks wirelessly to the Joey ?

Reactions: DWS44
I think one use is related to the Wireless Joey's access point, though I may be wrong as I don't have one and have never seen one. Do you connect the AP to the Hopper, which then talks wirelessly to the Joey ?

Exactly. WJ AP connects to one of the Hopper Ethernet ports, and you still have the other Ethernet port to connect the Hopper to your wired network if you prefer.

Exactly. WJ AP connects to one of the Hopper Ethernet ports, and you still have the other Ethernet port to connect the Hopper to your wired network if you prefer.
Ah, got it. I thought maybe it was a pass-thru or something.

Hence the date, Lol!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
It was actually a legitimate question. If it's available to customers on the 28th, that would suggest you could schedule the install for any time on or after that date. Considering same day installs aren't a thing, I would say you should be able to actually contact dish to schedule for the 28th sometime between now and then. It appears people assumed I didn't see the date and thought I was asking if I could upgrade sooner because there is an official date. Not the case.

It was actually a legitimate question. If it's available to customers on the 28th, that would suggest you could schedule the install for any time on or after that date. Considering same day installs aren't a thing, I would say you should be able to actually contact dish to schedule for the 28th sometime between now and then. It appears people assumed I didn't see the date and thought I was asking if I could upgrade sooner because there is an official date. Not the case.
They are not going to schedule you before the 28th on a days that its not available.
I don't think you can pre order leased equipment.
And no one is even sure Existing customers will be offered it right off the bat.

When a Date is set for the 28th, that means thats when you can place your order, or when they will start installing them in new sign up accounts.

This may be a dumb question, but what is the purpose of having two ethernet ports on the back of the Hopper 3?
Perhaps one is intended for a wireless Joey WAP (recall that the WAP doesn't support MoCA).

Please don't get all wound up assuming it is a way of extending your wired LAN. History suggests that rarely ends well.

They are not going to schedule you before the 28th on a days that its not available.
I don't think you can pre order leased equipment.
And no one is even sure Existing customers will be offered it right off the bat.

When a Date is set for the 28th, that means thats when you can place your order, or when they will start installing them in new sign up accounts.

I have a feeling they'll let both new and existing customers get them as soon as Available, this will likely (or they hope) help to curb any subscriber losses or defections to the competition.

Reactions: Troch77
Is the new touchpad remote going to come out the same day as the Hopper 3?
The pack out for the H3 is the touchpad remote, according to the release. I also believe the now renamed Joey 2.0 will come with a version of the new remote, but with a number keypad, rather than trackpad.

Can the track pad version of the new remote be used with a Joey as part of an H3 system. I ask because I will have to lose one of my 2 HWS's, and Mom would be using a Joey instead of her Hopper, but she was really looking forward to the track-pad that does not illuminate numbers unless needed.

Mark at DISHDEPOT.com sent me another email saying that Hopper 3 and 4k joey would be available for purchase on his site as early as January 12th. Now I didn't see any thing on his website yet showing either ,but that is the latest email he sent me.

Mark at DISHDEPOT.com sent me another email saying that Hopper 3 and 4k joey would be available for purchase on his site as early as January 12th. Now I didn't see any thing on his website yet showing either ,but that is the latest email he sent me.

today is the 12th

No it's not included.. You will get 52.0 remote..

Also on side note, 4K Movies cost $7.99..

The pack out for the H3 is the touchpad remote, according to the release. I also believe the now renamed Joey 2.0 will come with a version of the new remote, but with a number keypad, rather than trackpad.

So there are more conflicting stories about which remote the H3 comes with. Scott can you please confirm?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)