OFFICIAL DISH / FOX ORDEAL DISCUSSION THREAD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The Braves Phillies game is on channel 437 Sports South on Friday night. It has nothing to do with Fox. And no they did not take away fox local channels. Look at the story it says so right there.

That is my concern. Dish better be prepared for a ton of CI refunds if they let that go as well...

I am not signing up for CI until the last day of the free preview. By then we will have a good idea if the games will still be shown during the dispute and if not, then how long this dispute will probably go on for.

As I said many times before, their CI package is the one and only reason i've stayed with Dish this long. If I lose the Wing's games, I will jump ship w/o hesitation. My GF will be really happy to get that ugly f'n dish off the deck too.

how many channels has dish dumped this year?

and no change in the bill?

ok in all fairness we did get epix

but whats the net change? i know its negative

i called last night and was offered free platinum for 3 months. thats a whole $30

We did have a change in the bill.....the rates increased for a lot of people.

I got on their CSR Chat and after them telling me there isn't anything they can do, they offered me a free month of the multi-sports package. $7 whole dollars. I told them no thanks and it was an insult. Then ended the chat.

I am not signing up for CI until the last day of the free preview. By then we will have a good idea if the games will still be shown during the dispute and if not, then how long this dispute will probably go on for.

As I said many times before, their CI package is the one and only reason i've stayed with Dish this long. If I lose the Wing's games, I will jump ship w/o hesitation. My GF will be really happy to get that ugly f'n dish off the deck too.
D* has better CI (more HD feeds with most games with dual HD feeds).

D* has better CI (more HD feeds with most games with dual HD feeds).

This may be true, but each year Dish has had 99% of the Red Wings games on CI in HD from the Detroit feed. So for me, Dish has been just fine.

I just wish FiOS would be able to provide the same as DirecTv or Dish when it comes to CI. They only get a very limited amount of games in HD and rarely any home/away feeds. I would probably only see a handful of the Wing's games in HD.

Dish rasied our equipment rates, so they could tell the programmers that they did not raise our programming rates. Makes Dish look good and the programmers look bad. Also, equipment as a seperate charge and is not a part of their Programming charge Negotiations.

So now I am paying extra for the Multi Sport package when everyone else is getting these channels for nothing. And I am also paying extra for HDNet Movies and HDTheater which everyone else is getting for nothing. This is ridiculous!

Yes, you are right.. i just chatted with Dish and they claim that i can watch it on 444 in HD or on 9664 or 9667 in SD. Now if i can only find a way to watch the Braves and Phillies tonight without piggy backing off my neighbors Comcast!
I was disappointed last week when the Fox feed was SD, so I goofed around and clicked on the Alternate feeds and found the Ga. - Miss. State game in HD on Ch. 444.

You are still unable to watch your own local team's games when they broadcast on your lost RSN. You are still unable to watch local programming about your local team's on these RSNs. That is what people care about the most.

Plus, aren't NBA, NHL, and NFL channels already available in the base packages anyway? They are on DirecTV. They are all, including MLB, available in Choice Extra (equivalent to your 200 package), and MLB and NFL are available in their lowest package (Choice)

Given the circumstances, I'd take those channels. :) Better than nothing.

So now I am paying extra for the Multi Sport package when everyone else is getting these channels for nothing. And I am also paying extra for HDNet Movies and HDTheater which everyone else is getting for nothing. This is ridiculous!

EXACTLY! I have Multi Sport and Platinum HD, and now my "replacements" are channels I'm already paying for? What a joke. It may be good for those who didn't have them initially, but for the rest of us, we're paying 17 bucks more for what others are getting for free now.

Time to look into DirecTV.

After reading the list of channels available at no charge to me now(the RSN's + Big Ten Net), I'll dare to say: DISH PLEASE DO NOT RENEW WITH FOX :) Especially taking into account that I did not lose any of my RSNs - granted, there's the whole fight Dish x Dolans, so I don't have MSG and MSG+ in HD anyways... Honestly, I am not too fond of losing FX and NatGeo, but I can leave w/out them, and I'll def enjoy tons of College Football tomorrow!

It doesn't bother me to lose FX and NEO either, BUT A LOT OF US DID LOSE OUR RSN's, so we won't be able so watch our local baseball teams this weekend. So I hope they settle this soon. The only way for us to watch the game now is actually be at the game which is three and a half hour drive away for me. I'm just thankful the playoffs for baseball is not on the RSN's.

The only thing I know is that competition is good. The problem is that they have allowed companies like comcast to NBC to merge, and that can only be bad new for us:

Why A Comcast/NBC Merger Is Bad News - The Consumerist

I left Dish for Direct, however, I want Dish to be viable because competition is good, and because of the multi-media merges that have been allowed, is why Fox can exert such price pressures

I hope Dish wins this, but I doubt it

I believe this may have been answered in another thread, but I just wanted to ask whether or not we will be losing the regular local FOX channel? I don't want to miss FOX football on Sunday.

Does anyone know for sure?

You won't. You should go to the dish site and watch Charlies video.

Also, some of you will call me crazy... But I'm much happier with the stations that they are giving me during the negotiation.

That is why I am rooting for Dish in this battle

I'm with Dish on this, as I was for Disney. Someone has to make the statement. There is also a subscriber base of people who can live with a lower cost package with less channels. I fall into that group. I use Netflix so much now anyway. Almost everything I DVR is from an OTA local. If I didn't want TNT for NBA and enjoy Food & HGTV, I could drop everything and let Windows Media Center record all my TV.

EXACTLY! I have Multi Sport and Platinum HD, and now my "replacements" are channels I'm already paying for? What a joke. It may be good for those who didn't have them initially, but for the rest of us, we're paying 17 bucks more for what others are getting for free now.

Time to look into DirecTV.

I just did a chat with Dish and according to the CSR those of us that subscribe to Multi Sport will not be charged for it during the lockout. If they don't have this crap straightened out by next baseball season I will have little choice but to change providers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)