OFFICIAL DISH / FOX ORDEAL DISCUSSION THREAD

BTW, did anyone else's guide still show FX this morning, with programming still being shown? Is this HDNET Movies now? Because I thought they had a deal (hadn't read the site yet) this morning because FX seemed to be there. I'd say that's pretty underhanded if they're putting a different feed in and passing it off as FX on the guide.

I just did a chat with Dish and according to the CSR those of us that subscribe to Multi Sport will not be charged for it during the lockout. If they don't have this crap straightened out by next baseball season I will have little choice but to change providers.

The problem is, my bill is for 9/24 to 10/23, and I have a multi sport charge. And I'll bet that only those that call and inquire are getting that credit (if they do), just like most of us had to complain to get HD and platinum for 10 when they dropped the 10 HD charge.

For those of you needing channel numbers:

383 HDNet Movies [HD]
364 HD Theater [HD]
402 NBA TV [HD]
434 New England Sports Network [HD]
154 NFL Network [HD]
403 NHL Network [HD]
410 Altitude Sports [HD]
439 Big Ten Network [HD]
409 Comcast SportsNet California [HD]
429 Comcast SportsNet Chicago [HD]
419 Comcast SportsNet Bay Area [HD]
424 Comcast Sports Network Mid-Atlantic [HD]
435 Comcast Sports New England [HD]
143 ESPN Classic
426 FOX Sports Northwest [HD]
428 FOX Sports Pittsburgh [HD]
414 FOX Sports Rocky Mountain [HD]
432 Mid-Atlantic Sports Network
433 Mid-Atlantic Sports Network2
438 SportsNet New York [HD]
431 SportsTime Ohio[HD]

By the way, I am still seeing FX and NatGeo listed on the Dish site.
When searching for locals, local FSNs taken off are replaced with dots (.......................). I am still debating on putting the channels in our favorite lists unless the deal takes a long time. Of course, we already get the Platinum and AT250 channels, and we are not big sports fans unless it is something local.

I just sent the following email to Dish using the email link (president@dishnetwork.com) at any one of the 4 websites listed in the press release;

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Mr. President,

As I am sure you are aware, Dish Network announced in a press release this morning that FOX was requiring "an unprecedented rate increase of more than 50 percent", and this is what led to this morning's removal of the Fox-owned networks. Also, on the
4 websites you've set up to blame Fox, you stated, "An increase this large would force DISH Network to pass these costs on to our customers, which we are unwilling to do during these tough economic times."

However, as I am also sure you are aware, earlier this year the cost of a single HD DVR receiver on my account was increased from $7.00 to $17.00, an increase of nearly
143%. Therefore, I find it difficult to swallow the "tough economic times" line, when you were more than willing to implement an equally unprecedented equipment fee increase of 143% earlier this year.

Now I understand that it is sometimes necessary to take a hard stance to keep programming costs down, but at the same time, I have a very difficult time believing the sincerity of your claim that you're unwilling to pass on cost increases in tough economic times when you had no problem imposing the single largest rate increase I've ever seen from any company just 9 months ago.

In addition, as an AT250 customer, I already pay for and receive the programming you're offering as a "replacement" while this dispute plays out with Fox, so I have received NOTHING additional for my inconvenience. So today, in addition to the exorbitant equipment fee increase I've been paying all this year, I am now paying the exact same amount for fewer channels.

Dish Network used to advertise that they were the low cost leader, but with all of the fees and the never-ending disputes and channel drops, I don't know if that's the case now. Every month, I pay $29.00 in fees alone to Dish Network.

So Mr. President, if you really care about these "tough economic times" and your customers as you allege on your Fox dispute websites, then do something about the exorbitant fees you are increasing and charging your customers. Maybe then, I'll find it easier to believe that your stance against Fox is as noble and in my favor as you claim.

I doubt anything will come from it, but sometimes it's just good to vent...

I just sent the following email to Dish using the email link (president@dishnetwork.com) at any one of the 4 websites listed in the press release;

Mr. President,

As I am sure you are aware, Dish Network announced in a press release this morning that FOX was requiring "an unprecedented rate increase of more than 50 percent", and this is what led to this morning's removal of the Fox-owned networks. Also, on the
4 websites you've set up to blame Fox, you stated, "An increase this large would force DISH Network to pass these costs on to our customers, which we are unwilling to do during these tough economic times."

However, as I am also sure you are aware, earlier this year the cost of a single HD DVR receiver on my account was increased from $7.00 to $17.00, an increase of nearly
143%. Therefore, I find it difficult to swallow the "tough economic times" line, when you were more than willing to implement an equally unprecedented equipment fee increase of 143% earlier this year.

Now I understand that it is sometimes necessary to take a hard stance to keep programming costs down, but at the same time, I have a very difficult time believing the sincerity of your claim that you're unwilling to pass on cost increases in tough economic times when you had no problem imposing the single largest rate increase I've ever seen from any company just 9 months ago.

In addition, as an AT250 customer, I already pay for and receive the programming you're offering as a "replacement" while this dispute plays out with Fox, so I have received NOTHING additional for my inconvenience. So today, in addition to the exorbitant equipment fee increase I've been paying all this year, I am now paying the exact same amount for fewer channels.

Dish Network used to advertise that they were the low cost leader, but with all of the fees and the never-ending disputes and channel drops, I don't know if that's the case now. Every month, I pay $29.00 in fees alone to Dish Network.

So Mr. President, if you really care about these "tough economic times" and your customers as you allege on your Fox dispute websites, then do something about the exorbitant fees you are increasing and charging your customers. Maybe then, I'll find it easier to believe that your stance against Fox is as noble and in my favor as you claim.

Nice email. :) There were other fees that were added this year but the equipment fee was the highest one.

ULTIMATELY - We the Customers Will Lose W/ a Rate Increase

You know, it matters not who wins this latest carriage fiasco - DISH or Fox. We, the pay-TV customer will be the loser at some point w/ a rate increase. And, we ALWAYS will be the loser. Here's a comment I posted on Fox's complaint website (GetWhatIPaidFor :: Get What I Paid For) about this - I have some strong language, so I don't know if will get filtered out or not:

First, I dare you -- Fox -- to publish this. I only say that because I doubt you will publish this, because my beef is with you (Fox Nets) as well as all pay-TV providers. I am really sick of all you. This is a fiasco that is starting to get real old with pay-TV customers. You honestly expect us to jump from provider to provider every friggin' time there's a dispute like this - which seems to happen with some channel or another at least every month somewhere in these United States? While you and the cable/sat providers have these ongoing pissing matches, it is we the pay-TV subscriber who end up losing over YOUR battles by paying higher subscription rates. It doesn't matter which one of YOU win, we the subscriber will always end up losing because either way our rates are going up as a result of these fiascos.

Mr. President,

excellent:up:up:up:up post

PR: FOX DROPPS NATGEO and FX CHANNELS FROM DISH NETWORK VIEWERS

Fox Pulls Nets From Dish

Impasse Over Rates, Retrans Deal Looms

Mike Farrell -- Multichannel News, 10/1/2010 7:01:25 AM

In the meantime, Dish said it is making the following channels available to its customers at no additional charge while the dispute lasts: HD Net Movies, HD Theater, NBA TV, New England Sports Network, NFL Network, NHL Network, Altitude Sports, Big Ten Network, Comcast SportsNet California, Comcast SportsNet Chicago, Comcast SportsNet Bay Area, Comcast Sports Network Mid-Atlantic, Comcast Sports New England, ESPN Classic, FOX Sports Northwest, FOX Sports Pittsburgh, FOX Sports Rocky Mountain, Mid-Atlantic Sports Network, Mid-Atlantic Sports Network2, SportsNet New York, and SportsTime Ohio.

Fox Pulls Nets From Dish - 2010-10-01 11:01:25 | Multichannel News

I don't give a %(^$$ about those sports channels. I hate sports. What good will they do me? I will watch them NEVER.

I have the highest programming on E*. I already get HD Net Movies and HD Theater. This does NOTHING for me.

lol @ the billionaire Charlie Eagon. What the problen is? You don't want to fork over - $20 million (?) for FX and NatoGeo? :thumbsdown:

I control F'ed the OP and I did not see anything about FX.

I replicated this thread for the FX and NatGeo drop.

dishnetwork, how low can you get?
Hey, charge me $200/month for my TV programming!!!!

50 percent of what?
Does anyone know how much per subscriber they charge?
Is it a penny or a 100.00?
They may only be asking for a penny we do not know .

Considering AT120 vs AT120+ is $5, one assumes the amount is between 1 cent and $5. If it was under $1 it would probably not be worth Dish's time/effort/billing to make a separate package. So I would probably guess a 50% split or around $2.50 average cost. So, I wonder if Fox is asking between $3.75 and $4 now?

Check again, please.

I think you mean you have the channel numbers in your guide only. Please tune into the channels and see what's on.

You should be seeing HDNet Movies and National Geographic Wild.

HDNet Movies is on FX
NatGeo Wild is on NatGeo

As stated before, I WIN! I knew Dishnetwork was going to drop FX-HD. Give me a F'ing cookie

I could quote my posting for proof. I KNEW E* was going to drop FX-HD.

+1

You know, it matters not who wins this latest carriage fiasco - DISH or Fox. We, the pay-TV customer will be the loser at some point w/ a rate increase. And, we ALWAYS will be the loser. Here's a comment I posted on Fox's complaint website (GetWhatIPaidFor :: Get What I Paid For) about this - I have some strong language, so I don't know if will get filtered out or not:

First, I dare you -- Fox -- to publish this. I only say that because I doubt you will publish this, because my beef is with you (Fox Nets) as well as all pay-TV providers. I am really sick of all you. This is a fiasco that is starting to get real old with pay-TV customers. You honestly expect us to jump from provider to provider every friggin' time there's a dispute like this - which seems to happen with some channel or another at least every month somewhere in these United States? While you and the cable/sat providers have these ongoing pissing matches, it is we the pay-TV subscriber who end up losing over YOUR battles by paying higher subscription rates. It doesn't matter which one of YOU win, we the subscriber will always end up losing because either way our rates are going up as a result of these fiascos.

They wouldn't publish it even if it was worded differently. It doesn't support their position. Nice try though. :up

lmao @ free HD for life.

WRONG. You're going to offer 32,200 channels for free?

FAIL

32,000 channels is the future. "Life" - how long is that? 80 years?

possibly in 80 years the technology will be so vast that E* really does have 32,000 channels. You can't offer 32,000 channels for free.

2010 - 200 channels
2080 - 32,000 channels

of course they will want more money. FAIL:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)