OFFICIAL DISH / FOX ORDEAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Yes, as Dish Network is opening the channel (along with all the regional sports channels) up to anyone who is losing their Fox Sports Network.

Here's a link to the RSN's showing that game
Football 2010
you'll be able to watch them on FSN Rocky Mountains, PrimeTicket, CSN Washington, & CSN Bay Area Plus (alt 444).

Yes, you are right.. i just chatted with Dish and they claim that i can watch it on 444 in HD or on 9664 or 9667 in SD. Now if i can only find a way to watch the Braves and Phillies tonight without piggy backing off my neighbors Comcast!

Kansas at Baylor STILL showing on guide on 444 and Kentucky at Mississippi still showing on guide on 446 in HD for tomorrow.

Looks like MSG networks have been removed as well, and they are not owned by Fox Networks.

There is a special statement airing on both MSG and MSG+, saying Cablevision is being unfair and that they are trying to force Dish to add a and I quote, "A LOW rated Music Video Channel". That I believe in FUSE which many many Dish Subscribers seem to want.

Dish is using this opportunity with the FOX networks spate to pick a fight with Cablevision at the same time.

All I know is if Dish does not fix this I will have to look elsewhere for my TV Programing. I will not pay for a TV subscription without the Buffalo Sabres, regardless of the advantages that Dish has in Hardware and External Hard Drive connectivity.

I'm willing to give Dish 1 week to fix this and then I'll have to explore other options.

All this posturing from both sides is childish, and we as customers are stuck in the middle. Its just pathetic.

John

I think this is a great move by Dish.
You are still unable to watch your own local team's games when they broadcast on your lost RSN. You are still unable to watch local programming about your local team's on these RSNs. That is what people care about the most.

Plus, aren't NBA, NHL, and NFL channels already available in the base packages anyway? They are on DirecTV. They are all, including MLB, available in Choice Extra (equivalent to your 200 package), and MLB and NFL are available in their lowest package (Choice)

Now if i can only find a way to watch the Braves and Phillies tonight
Makes me remember the old days of standing outside fine tuning my dad's OTA rotation every night at 7:35pm so that we could tune into WTBS (fairly week signal way down in Southern Butts County. :D

Fortunately the regular baseball season is almost over, so baseball fans won't be too affected.
College football isn't affected as most games are multiple RSN's.

So, let's see. DISH will lose revenue from those that do jump ship and FOX will lose ad revenue due to less viewers on the channels in question.:confused:

Yep, smart business practice during the time of an economic down turn when you are already losing $. Guess I'll just catch SoA, Sunny and Archer on the net.

Well, of course, if viewers do merely switch then, assuming they can be tracked, FOX won't lose any ad revenue. The distribution across providers (e.g. Dish, DirecTV) will be different, total number the same.

I think this is a great move by Dish.

Those channels are no replacement for those that wont be able to watch their local sports teams play. Good try dish.

I'm just hoping this doesn't have any effect on the center ice package. Most of the red wings games are on fox sports Detroit. No red wings on center ice and I'm gone. Their center ice package is the only reason I'm with dish. I have plenty of other options including fios.

Makes me remember the old days of standing outside fine tuning my dad's OTA rotation every night at 7:35pm so that we could tune into WTBS (fairly week signal way down in Southern Butts County. :D

At least back then if you couldn't get the Braves game, it was as simple as you needing a better antenna... now its because some greedy business executives are sitting around sipping on their Starbucks latte while we lose the ability to watch games!

FOX BLOCKS REGIONAL SPORTS CHANNELS FROM DISH NETWORK VIEWERS

Programmer Seeks to Shake Down DISH Network and its Customers with Massive Rate Increase

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – (NASDAQ: DISH) - Oct. 1, 2010 –
-snip-
“DISH Network is not going to allow FOX or any programmer to bully our customers into paying such an unconscionable price increase,” said Dave Shull, senior vice president of Programming for DISH Network. “
-snip-

After which Shull mumbled: "That's our job"!

Well, of course, if viewers do merely switch then, assuming they can be tracked, FOX won't lose any ad revenue. The distribution across providers (e.g. Dish, DirecTV) will be different, total number the same.
Dish needs these channels more than Fox needs Dish. Dish only represents a very small proportion of all paid TV subs. Plus, most of those very interested in sports are with other providers for the most part anyway. This will have very little effect on Fox

Dish needs these channels more than Fox needs Dish. Dish only represents a very small proportion of all paid TV subs. Plus, most of those very interested in sports are with other providers for the most part anyway. This will have very little effect on Fox

You are probably right. But this does have a big follow-on effect for all the other carriers. You can bet they are watching this very closely. If Fox wins the huge rate increase with Dish, all the others can expect the very same thing.

Overall, this is not good for anyone except possibly Fox.

I'm just hoping this doesn't have any effect on the center ice package. Most of the red wings games are on fox sports Detroit. No red wings on center ice and I'm gone. Their center ice package is the only reason I'm with dish. I have plenty of other options including fios.

The big question is how it will affect carriage of games on Center Ice since alot of hockey is carried by FSNs. :confused:

how many channels has dish dumped this year?

and no change in the bill?

ok in all fairness we did get epix

but whats the net change? i know its negative

i called last night and was offered free platinum for 3 months. thats a whole $30

After reading the list of channels available at no charge to me now(the RSN's + Big Ten Net), I'll dare to say: DISH PLEASE DO NOT RENEW WITH FOX :) [STRIKE]Especially taking into account that I did not lose any of my RSNs - granted, there's the whole fight Dish x Dolans, so I don't have MSG and MSG+ in HD anyways[/STRIKE] ... Honestly, I am not too fond of losing FX and NatGeo, but I can leave w/out them, and I'll def enjoy tons of College Football tomorrow!

Now that I realized that I lost MSG and MSG+, too, not a happy camper anymore.... Going away for 2 weeks soon, when I am back, if mess isn't sorted out, I will jump ship to Comcast.

Last edited:
You are probably right. But this does have a big follow-on effect for all the other carriers. You can bet they are watching this very closely. If Fox wins the huge rate increase with Dish, all the others can expect the very same thing.

Overall, this is not good for anyone except possibly Fox.
That is why I am rooting for Dish in this battle

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)