OFFICIAL DISH / FOX ORDEAL DISCUSSION THREAD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Actually, I'm TRYING to get that google ad (for the fun little "GetWhatIPaidFor" propaganda) to show up both here and on other sites and it seems they might have pulled it (either that or since I went to the propaganda site it's not pulling that ad.)

Should we get hopeful for either an extension or outright progress in the negotiation?

Last edited:
I just got the form response via chat.
Originally Posted by DISH Chat
...FOX is threatening to remove their Regional Sports Networks, FX and National Geographic Channel from the DISH Network line-up. Other channels, including your local FOX TV station and FOX News/FOX Business News are not affected....If Fox Networks chooses to remove their signal and prevent DISH Network from carrying their channels, DISH Network will provide alternative solutions and additional programming options. It is our hope that a fair agreement can be reached before this occurs. We have every intention of reaching an agreement so that your programming is not affected.
Just for giggles:
How can they possibly provide alternatives to exclusive programs? It is not like they can put up another channel that shows the Twins if you live in Minneapolis, or another channel that show Son's of Anarchy

I also want to repeat what I stated before. I am glad Dish is doing this because it set a price standard by which other providers can negotiate. Dish actually helps keep the prices down for all providers

My enjoyment of life does not hinge on a couple of Fox channels.;)
If part of your enjoyment is to follow and watch a particular team, and the games by that team cannot be viewed in your own local area because they happen to be on one of the FSNs they are pulling, then it may

I just spoke to DISH Network about this issue and as told that officially, they are doing everything they can to work a deal to keep these channels on the air and it looks like it is going down to the wire.

We will keep you updated as things progress here at SatelliteGuys!

If this interrupts getting Fox Sports Detroit via the Center Ice Package i'm gone.
Usually the packages are not affected. For example, Direct does not carry Cox4 Sand Diego, which show Padres games, but Extra Innings on Direct broadcast most of the Cox 4 Padres games

DIRECTV has a problem at the moment...

they don't have any equipment. I know lots of retailers who are having trouble getting any kind of HD DVR's at the moment. This is why people are getting such far away install dates.
Which is actually a good problem to have, if you think about. It is much better than having too much equipment and nobody wanting it nor anybody signing up with them

I just spoke to DISH Network about this issue and as told that officially, they are doing everything they can to work a deal to keep these channels on the air and it looks like it is going down to the wire.

We will keep you updated as things progress here at SatelliteGuys!

I think they will loose more customers if they don't work out a deal & loose those channels, then if they went ahead and paid the extra money, meaning out bills would go up again.

I think people would probably want to pay the extra money, then loose those channels.

I hope DISH understands that.

I think they will loose more customers if they don't work out a deal & loose those channels, then if they went ahead and paid the extra money, meaning out bills would go up again.

I think people would probably want to pay the extra money, then loose those channels.

So, you are saying that you have run a spread sheet comparing the financial effects of a predicted loss of customers, with the financial effects of raising everyone's bills ?

Which is actually a good problem to have, if you think about. It is much better than having too much equipment and nobody wanting it nor anybody signing up with them

I agree.

I have had a few people already PM and email me about canceling DISH because of this FOX mess (which hasn't happened yet) and called to sign up for DIRECTV only to be told they can't get an install until November...

If you think you can just make a phone call and have a different provider tomorrow I would say chances are it's not going to happen.

I can understand Disney not caring about losing E* subscribers for the lost HD channels since they don't advertise on Disney.
But If FOX loses 16 million viewers they'll lose a lot more $$ in lost advertising revenue than if they accept Carley's offer.
In the end, if they don't come to an agreement all three parties lose -- E*, FOX and the subscribers.

THAnk GOD for distant networks from AAD. Between them and my dish pal plus dvr , I am covered for FOX. I am not watching anything on FX right now since Rescue Me is off right now. I don't sub to National Geographic so I don't carry about that one. As for sports I don't watch them AT ALL. So I'll be okay if Fox pulls their channels.

I agree.

I have had a few people already PM and email me about canceling DISH because of this FOX mess (which hasn't happened yet) and called to sign up for DIRECTV only to be told they can't get an install until November...

If you think you can just make a phone call and have a different provider tomorrow I would say chances are it's not going to happen.

And the knee-jerkers will have to hold it.

Sundude,

It's LOSE (as in top signify a loss), it is not LOOSE (as in not Tight).

John

I agree.

very true Scott but Ive learned getting new service from a local place in your yellow pages usually give you a install date within 3 to 4 days where the national number theyll say a few weeks.

The world won't end (not for me anyway) if those channels vanish for a short time... Baseball season is coming to an end, the Huskies' and Cougars' games aren't shown in HD on the FSN (or if they are, it's rare) and Natgeo will be missed a bit, but none of this is going to be long-term. There's too much at stake for both parties at the table and they'll eventually come to an agreement, I'm sure...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)