OFFICIAL DISH / FOX ORDEAL DISCUSSION THREAD

OMG where is my NTGEO

I know there is some kind of dispute going on, but I had to make this thread dedicated to National Geographic Channel.. WHERE IS MY CHANNEL???? OMG where can I see Border Wars now? this is so bad!!!!!!!!!!! i'm so frustrated.. i want to cancel DISH NOW!!! ! OMG is this channel ever gonna return? OMG!!!!!!

Dish vs Fox

I did a quick internet search and so far found out that Cable is about to go through the same dispute with Fox. On KeepFoxOn :: Stories there are a couple of valid points made. More than likely Dish could choose to pay more for the Fox networks; not increase our rates and still make a profit.

Yep. That's a fact. :rolleyes:"Charlie's fighting..."

for himself. What he pays to the programmers has little bearing the price being charged to the consumer. People forget that if every programmer upped their pricing 5 percent yearly, and Dish Network then raised rates to consumers by 5 percent, one-half of the rate increase goes directly to the programmers and the other half goes in Dish Network's wallet.

I'm trying to let it go, but the fact remains too many have extremely biased arguments, and if people actually looked at the facts, they would be really upset.

So what do you want me to say,Oh Charlie's screwing me I'm going with some other provider?.I only have 3 choices,Charter(they suck),DirecTV(been there done that),Dish network I came back that's my choice and I know what to expect,I have AT250 Charlie can pull 20 channels I don't care,OK it's my money why should it bother you? I'll find something to watch because the price is right!.;)

Crap! some people hear the warning"Snake"! and they don't see it before it bites them in the butt!.If you don't like it go to another provider,I'm not!:rolleyes:

It's simple really. My bills increase all the time, I have no choice other than to pay them therefore I have less money for other things.
Charlie's bills increase but he has a choice he doesn't pay them keeps the same amount of money in his pocket and his customers are the ones who suffer.
Sometimes in life rate increases happen Charlie and you have to make do with a little less money.

Dish takes away channels that I am paying for, but Dish is not paying for them while in dispute. Why do I have to call to get a discount. Dish should credit all their customers for the channels they remove for the period that they are not paying for them . Amen!!!

I lost Disney HD and ABC Family, Nat geo and more, but not a penny have I seen in a bill reduction. Dish, where are these negotiations saving me money.

Last edited:
Slamminc11 said:
Personally, I don't watch Nat Geo, I very rarely watch FX if at all, only time I watch FSN is when the Dodgers are beating up on the Rockies, so I won't be calling in to try and "get something" just because those channels are gone, because it hasn't affected my viewing habits. IMO, for those that don't watch those channels but still call in in to try and "get something" are just cheating the system. But I also learned a long time ago, there are a lot of people here that don't have a problem with that and feel like they are entitled somehow, so...

I agree with you to a certain extent. It is definitely wrong to seek a free product you do not deserve. It is akin to steeling. At the same time, subs are paying the same for less. To seek compensation to make up the difference is appropriate IMO.

Last edited:
Question asked and answered. Closing thread. Conversation can continure in one of the other couple of threads about the Fox dispute including the one listed on the front page of satelliteguys.us

Link please.

It was clearly stated in a full page ad here in Phoenix. "YOU MAY ALSO LOSE YOUR FOX 10 BROADCAST ON NOVEMBER 1st". FOX 10 is our national FOX station which shows Sunday NFL games as well as some MLB playoff games along with House, Bones. I guess we'll lose the news shows also. Sad situation. As much as I hate government intervention, this may be the need here.

This is my first post here, EVER. So I want to do is point out the irony that FOX's website is called "Get What I Paid For", but it's FOX, not Dish that's actually keeping me from watching what I pay for. Luckly I'm not affected by the loss of RSNs. So at least I can watch my NHL and NBA when they start up.

Also, I'm tired of hearing people yell about not being able to watch Sons of Anarchy (Mostly on FOX's site). Seriously, I got into the new FX show Terrier's, and when it was announced two days before FOX pulled the switch, I took ten minutes and found multiple sites on the net that give FX programing leagally for free, including FX's own website.

Finally, FOX is now threatening to pull the network and MyTV (who actually watches MyTV). Geuss what FOX, all I have to do is put a OTA antenna on my roof and point it toward the broadcast signal. Not scaring me.

I'm not saying that I'm 100% on Dish's side, but FOX is making it sound like I'm done if I don't leave for DirecTV or Cable, quite frankly I'm inconvienced, but not enough to rip my Dish off the roof.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)