OFFICIAL DISH / FOX ORDEAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Did you look up in the 9000 channels That is where they show up on mine

I looked and nothing, my 143 which is ESPN Classic is still green in the guide even after a guide update I ran. I had a CSR tell me its not available, I see only 1 or2 people talking about the added channels which is kinda strange since I know alot read this forum/thread and I'd like to see more responses on my question.

Who here has the added sports package channels showing up on their account, receivers!??!?? I'm not seeing it and I'm wondering what I need to do or tell Dish to get them!??!?

Got $5 off for 12 months. Took about 30 minutes on chat...seems like they are pretty backed up at the moment!

espaeth said:
I don't think you can pin that one on Charlie. In fact, I'm surprised Dish was able to get the contracts in place to even offer The HD Only packages in the first place.
Uh, we know that Dish Network wasn't allowed to sell four Disney HD channels because no contract existed, yet they were in HD Absolute. So don't be surprised to learn Dish was NEVER able to get the contracts in place to even offer the HD-only packages. HD Absolute "illegally" contained Disney HD, Disney XD HD, ESPNews HD and ABC Family HD.

I looked and nothing, my 143 which is ESPN Classic is still green in the guide even after a guide update I ran. I had a CSR tell me its not available, I see only 1 or2 people talking about the added channels which is kinda strange since I know alot read this forum/thread and I'd like to see more responses on my question.

Who here has the added sports package channels showing up on their account, receivers!??!?? I'm not seeing it and I'm wondering what I need to do or tell Dish to get them!??!?

#1 Did you lose your RSN in this dispute?
#2 If you did check channels 9660-9682 as the "free" channels are not at their normal numbers. Example: you would look for ESPN Classic on 9678 instead of 143.

Ok, so I "moved" to avoid the local Fox shutdown on Nov, problem is, now the program guide is on ET. Is there a way to fix it? (I'm on CT).

Thanks.

move back...you do realize its only the fox owned and operated stations and not all of them?

There are no Fox O&O stations in Indiana
Fox Television Stations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the guide is set for the location of the receiver and you cant change the time zone on it

move back...you do realize its only the fox owned and operated stations and not all of them?

There are no Fox O&O stations in Indiana
Fox Television Stations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the guide is set for the location of the receiver and you cant change the time zone on it

That would be true if I weren't on the Chicago market (I live in NWI).

No biggie here, I'll just have to remember the guide is one hour ahead. Thanks.

brownieville
user_offline.gif

SatelliteGuys Freshman

Does anyone know of any websites that stream live games illegally? And preferably for a Mac. I know they're out there.

Sunday is Bobby Cox's last game as manager, plus the Braves could make the playoffs, and I'll do what it takes to watch it.

I can't tell you how to do it illegally, but you don't mean to tell me that you don't have any family or friends that will let you watch the game on their TV, or that there isn't a single bar in Atlanta that will show the game? If that's the case, maybe the Braves were better staying in Boston or Milwaukee.

I got on the chat and complained. They offered me free HD for life with a 24 month commitment and free Platinum HD for 3 months.

I think that deal was available to everyone even before the Fox sports channels were lost.

Yes you are correct.Hate to be the one to tell you DirecTV has the same words in their contract.;)

I know what I signed it was also the same on C band. DirecTV has very little contract disputes over channels. Dishnet seems to be the one with all the issues.

I see history repeating itself here. It seems like c band all over again. First they added all kind of extra fees like Charlie did this year. Then channels were lost, currently happening with Dish. Next will be we cannot provide these anymore due to economic reasons. Then as the numbers dwindle to a point where Charlie throws in the towel. Buy hey it's Charlies way. He screwed up c band and now doing the same with his baby. I'm actually sitting back this time not being part of it and watching history repeat itself right before my eyes.

Just a thought but could Charlie be doing this so he can increase his subscriber monthly payments to cost the same as Direct. I seem to remember that with C band that NPS's CEO said if they could get a certain amount each month things would get better. Face it Dish is not working for you guys they are just trying to make the profit they believe they should have and sticking the cost to the subscriber. They will hide behind all kind of lies and schemes to achieve what they want.

I'm not saying DirecTV is an angel, in the corporate world they are cut throats too. But they also know what they have to make to stay afloat and make there projected profits. They don't try to hide the cost, they just charge it. Take it or leave it. Charlie not being number one cut costs to suck in the cheapskates and now he's finding out he can't do it on that amount. So something has to give either channels go or rates increase. He would have done better to just charge more in the first place and not had to deal with this today. But then again were talking about Charlie Ergan here. He learned all the deceptive tricks from his days of gambling. Now he's gambling with his subscribers.

I can't tell you how to do it illegally, but you don't mean to tell me that you don't have any family or friends that will let you watch the game on their TV, or that there isn't a single bar in Atlanta that will show the game? If that's the case, maybe the Braves were better staying in Boston or Milwaukee.

You're missing the point. I pay Dish/Fox to watch it at home.

I liken this to prohibition. When the government (Dish/Fox) banned alcohol (programming) in the 1920's, the people found other ways (illegally via streaming websites) to get their alcohol (programming). Finally, the government (Dish/Fox) gave up and the alcohol flowed again.

I like SatelliteGuys, but maybe they should, in this instance, open it up to total freedom of speech and allow people to post websites where they can watch the games THAT WE PAID FOR, until they work out their dispute.

You're missing the point. I pay Dish/Fox to watch it at home.

I liken this to prohibition. When the government (Dish/Fox) banned alcohol (programming) in the 1920's, the people found other ways (illegally via streaming websites) to get their alcohol (programming). Finally, the government (Dish/Fox) gave up and the alcohol flowed again.

I like SatelliteGuys, but maybe they should, in this instance, open it up to total freedom of speech and allow people to post websites where they can watch the games THAT WE PAID FOR, until they work out their dispute.

you can keep trying, but no one is going to tell you...