OFFICIAL DISH / FOX ORDEAL DISCUSSION THREAD

I hope this means that Fox and Dish have together come to the conclusion that they are not enemies, and that the enemy is actually the trend toward people moving "Off-the-Grid".

Through Dish, and potentially through GoogleTV, programmers like fox maintain an element of control and a revenue stream.

What I am hoping is that part of this deal includes GoogleTV access to Hulu.

I also don't think that a Dish-Fox deal means that there would be a Cablevision-Fox deal. When you look at the relationships, the issues with Cablevision are much different and potentially harder to solve because there are fewer balls in the air. I read through the FCC filings on both sides of the Cablevision-Fox negotiations, and that looks real Ugly.

Fox and Dish never got to that level. And With Fox and Dish, there are a lot of things to discuss (including GoogleTV), and Dish is always adept at juggling those things to get a deal done.

I dont think that in that conference room Fox and Dish came together on anything except a deal--The television/internet/news business is cutthroat --as previously stated Google has to make their own deals regarding carriage.

This is good news. Now i fell bad for the customers that jumped ship due to local fox crys of the sky is falling. Hope this will slow the demand for direct as we are on a 2 week backlog for all installs.Even our boss is out in the feild
I wouldn't feel bad. Time and again I have seen people jump ship to another programmer only to find "the grass on the other side was not as green as thought"-I subscribe to a idea which is dying - LOYALITY

Seems the link originally posted is no longer a valid link. Simply get a page not found message. So the question is did the simply post something before the deal has been made and then realize their error and take it down?

Clear your cache. It's not there anymore. Beleive it when so many other report that it's gone.
This what shows up now
* It's almost here! Logitech Revue with Google TV from DISH Network - the most seamless TV & Internet experience
* Enter for your chance to win a VIP Culinary Experience!
* Get FRONT ROW seats for an exclusive CMT Rascal Flatts concert- only on DISH Network Ch. 101
* Sony Movie Channel Launches on DISH Network
* Can't find your game? Find game times and channels here.

I'll believe it when Dish issues a statement and the stations return. Anything else is just speculation and rumors.
Which is why I have been labeling what I have been hearing as rumors. But it was the TV station who posted the news that they have come to a deal. I think they jumpped the gun just a timy bit, but I find it interesting they have lots of DISH Network ads running there now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)