OFFICIAL: Dish Network Not Enough New HD Complaint Thread

Thanks harshness. I guess I now need to research what birds D* uses to transmit the packages that would replace the AEP + HD to make sure they are not blocked by trees.
Sometime in late summer I'd guess that all HD will move to the 101W area. Finding where DIRECTV sends their programming from is not a simple matter, but much of it will come from 99W, 101W and 103W once DIRECTV 11 goes online. They still have three TPs on 110W and seven TPs on 119W, so at the moment, you would need to see 99W to 119W.

Very dissapointed about losing Voom. Only way I know to get even is

to start sending less money to Dish.

first person I talked to I dropped HD ultimate package to HD something by reducing $10 per month.

Than I found out about the HD only deal and promptly called to cancel my AT200.

If we all do that and let them know why we are doing it, eventually somebody over there MIGHT get it. Again, they may but just don't care.

Either way, I'm no longer a loyal dish customer and I no long refer dish to anybody.

The only thing thats holding me back from going to the hd only pack is I will truly miss comedy central. As soon as comedy central (which looks like a long time off) is added, im going to switch.

I agree we dropped dish due to the loss of Voom!

to start sending less money to Dish.

first person I talked to I dropped HD ultimate package to HD something by reducing $10 per month.

Than I found out about the HD only deal and promptly called to cancel my AT200.

If we all do that and let them know why we are doing it, eventually somebody over there MIGHT get it. Again, they may but just don't care.

Either way, I'm no longer a loyal dish customer and I no long refer dish to anybody.

We were so upset we tried to complain and hope they would bring back Voom HD but after even more poor customer service and their BS lies about HD we canceled our services completely and are saving money, even though money was not important compared to the content we lost with Voom HD being removed. dish should get a clue that it is about quality not quantity. They first claim to add more channels but neglect to talk about the 15 they removed with Voom, now they are trying to brag about HBO/Showtime HD type additional channels? they have weak HD content and the clarity is better at Directv.

We not only stopped recommending dish but we got 10 others to cancel so while we are just one tiny customer I did the math and we deleted $15,000 dollars a year from going to mr. ergen and dish networks!

We were so upset we tried to complain and hope they would bring back Voom HD but after even more poor customer service and their BS lies about HD we canceled our services completely and are saving money, even though money was not important compared to the content we lost with Voom HD being removed. dish should get a clue that it is about quality not quantity. They first claim to add more channels but neglect to talk about the 15 they removed with Voom, now they are trying to brag about HBO/Showtime HD type additional channels? they have weak HD content and the clarity is better at Directv.

We not only stopped recommending dish but we got 10 others to cancel so while we are just one tiny customer I did the math and we deleted $15,000 dollars a year from going to mr. ergen and dish networks!

Dude get over!!You're not the only one who's spend $$$ on entertainment and brag about it, Some body told you in the 1,000 post you have about this subjet that Charlie is making more money with costumers at top 100 pckgs than you or me...yea my bill is around$155.00 monthly and no complains because is what I WANT!!!and He's right. Enough!!! with your up tight behavior and move on,if you're happy with Direct TV good for you,and stop TROLLING.:mad:

Thank GOD! It's about time. Now can you please go bug the people in the DTV forum!

Well, for the 11 of you and your "friends" that left, they added at least twice that if not more, so... nice try though! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

So why are you talking friends into making the same decision you did? I am upset about Voom but am over it and let my friends decide for themselves. Got better things to do.

I think most people drop not only Dish but Direct, Comcast, etc....... because of the economy and not usually about the content of the service. Money is tight and alot of folks just can't afford the $100 or more the luxury costs. So, when a poster said new subs was down 90% from this time last year, look at where the economy is headed and there is your answer. People are switching to lower cost services to save money for their gas bill and not because Dish isn't providing enough HD or whatever. Most people don't care because if Dish has, I am not sure, 4 million subs only about 1-2% come here to complain. That means the other 98% either don't care or are satisfied with their service. There are only 117,000 members here on this site and if half, 55,000 are Dish subs and only half of them are always complaining then that means that 55,000 out of 4 million are having issues with Dish. Small, very small percentage. Yes, I also realize there are many more who don't come here to complain because they might not know of this site.

In the first quarter they actually added 35000 new customers, unfortunately it was 90% down from one year ago. Some analysts are even suggesting that Dish may have a net loss of subs this quarter. While this is not a direct result of VOOM in my opinion, removing any channels sends the wrong message.

Here is the link
Dish*Network*Subscriber Growth Skids 89% In First Quarter - 5/12/2008 4:44:00 PM - Multichannel News

Maybe if they removed channels that people actually watched (such as the mainstream cable nets) versus niche channels with miniscule audiences. I'd say the subscriber thing can be attributed to a slowing economy coupled with rising gas prices (forcing people not to add extras like satellite TV service).

Can we quit whining about Voom? It's not coming back to E*

Stepping away from Voom, I will say that I'm glad Dish gave some love to is premium subscribers this week. They need to give some love to the HD Ultimate subscribers. WFN and Universal HD have no business being part of that package. HDNet Movies and (to a much lesser degree) MGM HD are the only things (and sheer laziness) keeping me tied to HD Ultimate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts