OFFICIAL: Dish Network Not Enough New HD Complaint Thread

Why are you guys complaining about this? Dish Network was MEANT for people who are on a limited budget.

You want HD, then go to Rotten Rupert.

Wanted the Stupid Bowl in HD, then find a "way" then.

Remember Dish Network's Promise: they are to be the "lowest price" satellite TV company ( DISH Network -- About Us ).

Not a whole lot of people have HDTVs yet, and it will not fit Dish Network's target audience, because HDTVs are too expensive, for the "average" Dish Network family, especially with our economy in a recession, who wants to but a HDTV now?

We could have complaint topics about "Why didn't Dish Network get TFC, and TFC other channels, before Rotten Rupert, got exclusivity rights?", or "Why didn't Dish Network find a way to get YES (there were lots of this topic)?"

Currently, I own 0 HDTVs, so I don't mind, but in my opinion, I want Dish Network to work on getting LESS HD content, and get Al Jazeera in English, but I don't know why Dish Network, didn't get that, yet Dish Network "uplinked" ART Sports.

Anyway, HD is taking up way too much bandwidth on the satellites.

HD is the LAST thing Dish Network should be working on, but you might say "Dish Network are backtracking their promise," well blame their satellites, and the FCC.

There goes your credibility. Do you have a building to bomb today?

I love it! And he has no clue about the High Definition craze!!:D

Why are you guys complaining about this? Dish Network was MEANT for people who are on a limited budget.

You want HD, then go to Rotten Rupert.

Wanted the Stupid Bowl in HD, then find a "way" then.

Remember Dish Network's Promise: they are to be the "lowest price" satellite TV company ( DISH Network -- About Us ).

Not a whole lot of people have HDTVs yet, and it will not fit Dish Network's target audience, because HDTVs are too expensive, for the "average" Dish Network family, especially with our economy in a recession, who wants to but a HDTV now?

We could have complaint topics about "Why didn't Dish Network get TFC, and TFC other channels, before Rotten Rupert, got exclusivity rights?", or "Why didn't Dish Network find a way to get YES (there were lots of this topic)?"

Currently, I own 0 HDTVs, so I don't mind, but in my opinion, I want Dish Network to work on getting LESS HD content, and get Al Jazeera in English, but I don't know why Dish Network, didn't get that, yet Dish Network "uplinked" ART Sports.

Anyway, HD is taking up way too much bandwidth on the satellites.

HD is the LAST thing Dish Network should be working on, but you might say "Dish Network are backtracking their promise," well blame their satellites, and the FCC.

I have a complaint about people that make generalizations, lets see if he's right . Take the poll

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/123840-how-many-hdtv-s-your-house.html

Isn't this kind of an A/V "geek" site? I would think most people on this site have at least one HDTV or want one.

Budget minded? Thats why they have one of the most advanced Satellite boxes and DVR's available? Not just the most basic piece of crap equipment they could shove to the masses. Historically the HD leader and some pretty fat and not budget minded customer packages???

What happens to this thread when Dish adds new HD ?? ;) ;) ;)

You make it sound as if it is inevitable. I will believe it when I see them on my guide. Until then, disillusionment sets in a bit more with each passing day. I could do without SciFi and USA, however, if FX ever comes in HD, I would be a happy camper. Preferably before the last season of The Shield......:hatsoff:

There have been times when many complained and times when many jumped on the Dish Network apologetics wagon. Both to a fault.

It's my opinion that the least amount of complaining takes place not necessarily when Dish has added a lot of new channels but when what they've done has been reasonably close to what they had indicated they would do.

People dislike being jerked around even more than they dislike not getting everything the competition has. Apparently Dish has still not learned that because they continue to adopt the same "car-salesman" mentality toward their customers.

Well I am seriously contemplating switching from E to D. I have been with them for going on 7 years, the only thing holding me back right now is my contract...I upgraded to HD on DEC. 16th, had to sign on for 18 months

First post.....

I've only had E since Dec, so maybe this is common... I live in the Canton/Akron area of Ohio and receive Cleveland locals. Anyway, I was flipping through my guide last night and the it said for my HD FSN and STO channels, that as of Feb. 13th, they would need to be viewed on other channels. When I tried to view the HD channels, I got the logo and a check back soon message. When I flipped to the channels they said the HD's were moving to, I discovered that they were the SD versions of the same channels. Would they be taking away the HD channels, or just moving then to where the SD channels currently reside and moving those somewhere else? Either way, it looks like I'll be seeing some type of movement on the 13th.

Last edited:
I might feel a bit better about my extra $5/mo if Charlie would add a few channels, including say, TMC-HD (we like movies).

Just my 2 cents.

--doug

What happens to this thread when Dish adds new HD ?? ;) ;) ;)

nobody will ever be happy with anything. people, just enjoy the tv we are currently getting. if its not enough entertainment for you, go to the other provider that gives you what you what/need. currently, i know of no provider that gives everyone every single channel they want. so suck it up, and live with it. ok rant over

NOW GIVE ME MORE HD DISH NETWORK!!!!! :p:hungry:

Why should we be happy. Charlie has done nothing for six months now but I'm only assuming that D had an exclusive deal when they put SCI-FI up. E has the room and has no other reason to hold back. I for one would be happy with just SCI-FI being added.

What was that date D put up SCI-FI and USA? Add six months and you'll have your answer.

I have been with E for as long as I can remember and buy all my electronics so jumping ship is just a matter of buying different equipment but from what I see on my buddies TV with D, I don't want too.

How about NESN??? Dish has most of the RSN's in HD, but no NESN HD. The Red Sox are the champs and they don't have the HD Channel?? I am looking to switch to D just because of this alone. I don't feel like watching the Sox in SD for the entire summer.

Downgrade/Upgrade

I know! Dish should downgrade their Standard Definition images even FURTHER. That would free up LOTS of space for more HD channels. All those Standard Channels need is a few hundred pixels. I think it would be SWEET if all regular Dish TV looked like it was processed through an 8-bit Nintendo.

PS By the way, the only reason that "Voom Ultra HD" has no support on this site, is because there are no women posting here... my wife watches it roughly once a week...

I'm not a chick. I watch Ultra HD several times a week. I'd rather have Voom USA. I do want Sci Fi, Fox Business and the Smithsonian channel. I know I just have to be patient a few more months.

USA Network

This is a question that was on the USA Network web site. So Dish whats the problem?

Q. How do I watch USA Network in high definition?
A. USA-HD is a separate channel that simulcasts USA Network in 1080i high definition. USA-HD is available on DirecTV and several cable systems. If you do not receive USA-HD, please call your cable or satellite operator.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts