Official How Much Will My Dish Network Bill Go Up Thread (Due to extra hardware fees)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
price increase and new customer

I am about to switch to Dish service due to Comcast's cost and lack of HD channels. I was planning on the AEP with three 722 receivers( I understand I will have to purchase one of the 722's -I really want the 722s for teh large hard drive, the PIP, speed, and because of the wonderful reviews. Its actually the biggest reason I am choosing dish over Direct).

Its a 24 Month contract. Price is supposed to be $91 for 3 months, $111 for months 4-12, then $126 for the last 12 months after teh promos run out. After seeing a post on the Feb 1 price increase I asked the Dish rep and he said I am locked in for 12 months but that may rate would not be higher than for the second year. I am doubtful though. Under the new pricing it looks like my costs could go up $23.

SO, if I am under a contract can they just up the price in the middle of the term, or is the price specified in the contract (cell phone company does not raise price if you keep same plan) Am I at least good for the first 12 month promo period?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I am about to switch to Dish service due to Comcast's cost and lack of HD channels. I was planning on the AEP with three 722 receivers( I understand I will have to purchase one of the 722's -I really want the 722s for teh large hard drive, the PIP, speed, and because of the wonderful reviews. Its actually the biggest reason I am choosing dish over Direct).

Its a 24 Month contract. Price is supposed to be $91 for 3 months, $111 for months 4-12, then $126 for the last 12 months after teh promos run out. After seeing a post on the Feb 1 price increase I asked the Dish rep and he said I am locked in for 12 months but that may rate would not be higher than for the second year. I am doubtful though. Under the new pricing it looks like my costs could go up $23.

SO, if I am under a contract can they just up the price in the middle of the term, or is the price specified in the contract (cell phone company does not raise price if you keep same plan) Am I at least good for the first 12 month promo period?

You will continue to get the discount, but it will be a discount on the rate plan in place. So if you are getting $30 a month off your rate will go up but it will still be $30/month less than the standard rate. Also it has been mentioned that they are going to 6 tuners leased, so you might not have to buy the 3rd 722.

the contract you must sign states clearly they can change anything when they want, you are screwed.

you can get a 3rd 722 but it will cost you a extra 17 bucks a month, over 24 month contract that must be about 450 bucks just for one receiver:(

Comcast does the same thing. I'm sure they all do. I guess we're all screwed.....

does comcast charge you for repairs too?

Honest question back when I had cable, over 13 years ago all repairs were FREE. That so long ago it was a fred flinstone era of cable.

want to check into cablecard

Bob, Please tell us the tale of why we shouldn't sign contracts again. It's only been three seconds since the last time you told us.

OP ASKED!

does comcast charge you for repairs too?

No, thats one of the few things I like about cable. At least twice I've had a problem with a DVR. Drove it to the comcast office 2 miles away, asked for a new one and was back up and running in less than an hour. Even better, they will exchange for newer equipment for free. Everytime a new improved DVR comes out, I run down and exchange my old ones for the new ones, no charge.

We visited my wife's cousin in Chicago around the Holidays. They had the latest Comcast Moto DVR box. I kept telling them to throw it in Lake Michigan.

Yeah, when I dumped Comcast for Dish a year and a quarter ago I dumped that Moto POS for a 722 and was overjoyed. Added to that I went from $170 mo to $125 mo, after my early discounts, for the same programming. At that rate a little, even a fairly large, increase is easier to abide. $45 a month buys a lot of leeway.

Oh No

We visited my wife's cousin in Chicago around the Holidays. They had the latest Comcast Moto DVR box. I kept telling them to throw it in Lake Michigan.

There's no reason to F' up Lake Michigan with that junk. :D See I'm trying to stay green here. :haha Been watching Renovation Nation on Planet Green.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts