Official How Much Will My Dish Network Bill Go Up Thread (Due to extra hardware fees)

Yes, and I have read almost all of the 1000+ posts between the 4, yes 4, otherthreads including this "Official" thread on this topic since Scott first posted the information.

The only "official" one I now care about is the one DISH will put up on their site February 1.
And the retailer chat is not official, why?

Current Bill
250 w/ DVR - 67.99
HD and Platinum - 10.00
Duo SD receiver 522 - 10.00

New Bill
250 - 62.99
DVR fee - 6.00
HD and Platinum - 10.00
Duo SD Receiver 522 - 17.00

the way i see it my bill is going WAY up and all I have is a 722 and a 522 on my account.

Did you look at the retailer chat thread? In it, it explains the new pricing for hardware. Heres link to it: http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/199673-retailer-chat-recap-january-14-2010-a.html

If thats too much reading, check out this thread: http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/198355-updated-new-dish-pricing-info.html

Scott outlines the new pricing.

If thats still too much reading, follow this breakdown.

Disclaimer! This is not my pricing sheet, but rather what Scott has posted from multiple sources, the last and most important/real, being the retailer chat.

Programming
Programming packages will be going back to the old way of naming packages. Out with the metals, in with Top 120, 200, 250.

DishFAMILY will be $24.99 with locals included
America’s Top 120 will be $39.99 with locals included
America’s Top 120 PLUS will be $44.99 with locals included
America’s Top 200 will be $52.99 with locals included
America’s Top 250 will be $62.99 with locals included
AEP with locals: $99.99

Turbo HD customers will see NO increases either.

"DVR Advantage" packages will go away. Use the guide here to figure out your bill.

Seems pretty basic.

Now the "hard part"
Hardware
1. Determine what receiver models you have, and quantity.

If you only have 1 receiver, the price is included in your basic programming backage price, no matter what model it is
If you have more than 1 box, one receiver will be included in your programming package (most expensive will be free, may need to talk to CSR to re-order your receivers on your account). The additional receivers cost the corresponding amount, per receiver, per month.

Solo (301, 311, 381, 501, 508) $7
HD Solo (211, 211k, 411) $7
Solo DVR (510, 512) $10
HD Solo DVR (612) $10

Duo (322) $14
HD Duo (222, 222k) $14
Duo DVR (522, 625) $17
HD Duo DVR (622, 622HZ, 722, 722k) $17

You pay this price per month regardless of it you own or lease from Dish.

2. Do you have a DVR (or any number from 1- infinity DVRs on your account)?

If yes, add $6 to your account.
If no, do not add $6
No matter how many DVR's you have, its just one $6 fee PER ACCOUNT, NOT PER DVR!

3. Do you have any or all of your receivers plugged in to a phone line or ethernet?

It doesn't matter, you will not see any charge relating to phone line or internet plug in.
If currently being charge $5 per month for this, you can cross that off your bill come Feb 1.
If currently plugged in, you will NOT see a $5 line item added Feb 1

[SIDEBAR]
Just for the record, everyone crying about getting $5 added to their bill come Feb 1, this is not entirely true. It was never a $5 credit to your bill, you just avoided a $5 charge. I do not have home phone service, so I used to pay $5 per month EXTRA. YOU DID NOT GET A $5 CREDIT (INDICATED BY A -$5.00, on your bill before!) Now Dish may be lumping that $5 into the fee for each additional receiver, and the business ethics of this may be argued, you will not see a $5 line item increase!
[SIDEBAR OFF]

DHPP, premiums, HD access + platinum, etc
No change in monthly rate here.
DHPP $5.99
HD + platinum: $10
Premiums, still the same

(edit) Don't forget to add your tax!

Add it all up and see what you get. Thats your new bill

Its pretty basic math, hopefully this little thought process will help people figure it out on their own...

This is just to help you figure out your costs, and to try and get all the info into one post! I dont care what you think about the new pricing stucture. My bill will actually go down $2 per month, with 2 722's

John

Excellent post, this should be copied into a closed sticky.

Can you save $5.00/month by removing your locals from the programming packages? I have a PAL DVR so I have no need for locals from Dish.

Excellent post, this should be copied into a closed sticky.

Can you save $5.00/month by removing your locals from the programming packages? I have a PAL DVR so I have no need for locals from Dish.

no as of feb 1st every person who has locals availble will get them added automatically. you can no longer opt out

Receivers: 1 622, 2 722's

Current Bill:

Multi-sport 5.99
Classic Gold 250 with DVR and Locals 67.99
DHPP 5.99
HD DuoDVR 12.00
HD DuoDVR 12.00
HD & Platimum 10.00

Total 113.97

New Bill:

Multi-sport 5.99
Americas's Top 250 with Locals 62.99
DHPP 5.99
DVR Fee 6.00
HD DuoDVR 17.00
HD DuoDVR 17.00
HD & Platimum 10.00

Total 124.97

Increase +$11.00 if I have calculated this correctly.

This is directly from my last bill, and after further investigation it's been this way for a long time. Why do I have 2 separate $10 charges for "GoldHD" and "PlatinumHD". Shouldn't this be either / or, not both?

DISHNet Local Package: $8.99
DISH Network DVR Service Fee: 0.00
America's Everything Pak: 97.98
GoldHD: 10.00
Multi Sport: 5.99
PlatinumHD: 10.00
DISH Home Protection Plan (DHPP): 5.99
Leased Receiver Fee: 7.00

This is directly from my last bill, and after further investigation it's been this way for a long time. Why do I have 2 separate $10 charges for "GoldHD" and "PlatinumHD". Shouldn't this be either / or, not both?

As an existing customer, I had to call to get my 2 separate $10 charges for "GoldHD" and "PlatinumHD" changed to a single $10 charge. This was based on a thread in this forum about a year ago.

As an existing customer, I had to call to get my 2 separate $10 charges for "GoldHD" and "PlatinumHD" changed to a single $10 charge. This was based on a thread in this forum about a year ago.

Wow. Then I've been overpaying (they're over charging) for a long time. I assume I'll be able to get 'em to credit me for all the double charges. I wonder how hard it will be to convince 'em to credit it all back.

I guess I was wrong. I just chatted with a CSR and was told the following:

(03) Tom H. 5TN: The GOLD and Platinum HD are 2 different packages and priced at $10.
(03) Tom H. 5TN: These are Platinum channels.
(03) Tom H. 5TN: CENTRIC HD CTRC HD 371 61.5 1 MUSIC

CENTRIC HD CTRC HD 371 129 17 MUSIC

CRIME & INVESTIGATION HD CI 387 61.5 21 HD

CRIME & INVESTIGATION HD CI 387 129 20 HD

FASHION TV HD FTV 374 5304 61.5 23 GENERAL ENT

FASHION TV HD FTV 374 5304 129 24 GENERAL ENT

HDNET MOVIES HDNMV 383 9423 72.7 17 MOVIES

HDNET MOVIES HDNMV 383 9423 110 7 MOVIES

LOGO HD LOGO 373 5307 61.5 27 GENERAL ENT

LOGO HD LOGO 373 5307 129 27 GENERAL ENT

MAVTV HD MAVTV 361 5405 61.5 20 GENERAL ENT

MAVTV HD MAVTV 361 5405 129 19 GENERAL ENT

MGM HD MGM 385 61.5 32 GENERAL ENT

MGM HD MGM 385 129 17 GENERAL ENT

NHL NETWORK HD NHLN 9540 61.5 2 SPORTS

NHL NETWORK HD NHLN 9540 129 30 SPORTS

UNIVERSAL HD UNIHD 9427 61.5 22 GENERAL ENT

UNIVERSAL HD UNIHD 9427 129 31 GENERAL ENT

WORLD FISHING NETWORK HD WFN 394 61.5 32 SPORTS

WORLD FISHING NETWORK HD WFN 394 129 17 SPORTS
(03) Tom H. 5TN: Apart from these all the other HD stations are Gold.

Wow. Then I've been overpaying (they're over charging) for a long time. I assume I'll be able to get 'em to credit me for all the double charges. I wonder how hard it will be to convince 'em to credit it all back.
There are 3 options with the Classic Gold 250 option:

GoldHD $10
Platnium HD $10
Platinum + Gold HD $10

You just have to sign up for the right package.

Don't talk to a CSR -- just make the programming change online through the customer portal, it goes so much smoother.

For details see recent posts in this thread: http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...w-available-top-200-higher-2.html#post2076950

"....as of feb 1st every person who has locals availble will get them added automatically."

This is the first time I've heard this. I don't remember reading about that anywhere.

Yes, it's been posted- by Scott G also, IIRC. It really seems to be slipping under the radar, as it's not discussed much. I've quite happy with my OTA rig, and would rather cut my bill $5/month and do without the locals. Of course, I'd also rather be rich. Both 'druthers probably have about the same chance of coming true. :(

Someone with four 522/625 receivers without locals with AEP ....

+$3 first receiver for DVR, +$12 second receiver, +$12 third receiver, +$12 fourth receiver, +$5 locals. Total +$44

Any other even worse case scenarios?

Someone with four 522/625 receivers without locals with AEP ....

+$3 first receiver for DVR, +$12 second receiver, +$12 third receiver, +$12 fourth receiver, +$5 locals. Total +$44

Any other even worse case scenarios?
'

625s are 17 bucks each after the first plus 6 bucks DVR

thats 57 bucks in fees plus whatever the locals add........

Is anyone awake at E ???

No - same process either way.

Just got through chatting. Pleaded my case about being a 13-yr loyal customer who's never downgraded his programming; upgrades to new equipment; never late on a payment; currently not under a contract. Finally got him to give me $40. He actually worded it like this (I've blanked-out his name for obvious reasons):
DISH Chat said:
From this moth onwards, you will only pay $10.00 for Gold and HD Platinum packages.
(03) *******: Bill will go down by $10.00 a month.
Matt Hilton: why can I not be reimbursed for my previous months?
(03) *******: This promotion recently started.
(03) *******: This isn't free for all the customers.
(03) *******: Only the valuable customers and loyal customers can get this privilege.

DISH Chat said:
Matt Hilton: That doesn't make me very happy. It just doesn't seem fair.
(03) *******: I do not have the authority to do so.
(03) *******: If I had, I would help you with that.
Matt Hilton: Who does have the authority?
(03) *******: I will help you out.
(03) *******: Since this promotion started from the month September, therefore I will go ahead and apply the credits for $40.00 on your account.
(03) *******: Is that fine with you?
(03) *******: To do this, I consulted with my Supervisor.
Matt Hilton: I will take that, and I appreciate it. How do I redeem this?
(03) *******: As per your request, I have applied the $40.00 credits on your account.
(03) *******: This will be reflected in next month bill.
(03) *******: Do you have any other questions so far?
Matt Hilton: Is there a reference number or something? You'll forgive me if I'm reticent to just accept it will be done without my intervention in some way.
(03) *******: Your new monthly rate is $135.95.
Matt Hilton: Should I just keep this chat transcript as proof if it is not credited somehow?
(03) *******: Yes, you can note down my OP-ID. It is *******.
(03) *******: You can inform them to check the notes left by this OP-ID.

And he changed it so I'm only paying $10 for Gold & Platinum.

Thanks for the heads-up!

I had a chat with with a CSR tonight and learned a couple of things I have not seen discussed in the pricing threads (granted I have not read every single post, so forgive me if this has been covered already).

1) The most expensive receiver is always considered the "primary" receiver for billing purposes. (My account had my 322 listed as primary on the website, but the CSR confirmed it was secondary for billing purposes)

2) According to the CSR, what will actually show up on the bill is NOT finalized (despite what was posted in the retailer chat) - apparently Dish will be issuing credits similar to the $3.00 "DVR Package Credit adjustment" that I am currently receiving. These supposedly are still to be determined. Could this be Dish's way of responding to the heat generated by this and other sites without backing down on the previously announced pricing structure (then gradually back off on the credits)?

One other point of clarification -- can anyone confirm that the $10 Silver/Gold/PlatinumHD fee remains unchanged?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)