Official - I have a Hopper 3 Thread!

Yea it's the chat people who tried to overcharge me $27, so i got fed up and called. The h3 gives the option to activate, but when you put in your info it doesn't do anything. Hopefully one day dish will enable that so i don't have to deal with poor customer service.

I noticed the activation screen on Hopper 3 as well. Thought that would have been cool if it was all done on screen.

Yea it's the chat people who tried to overcharge me $27, so i got fed up and called. The h3 gives the option to activate, but when you put in your info it doesn't do anything. Hopefully one day dish will enable that so i don't have to deal with poor customer service.
I understand It works if you used DISH to schedule your install. You did your own install correct?

Question on the Wireless Joey used with the H3. My H3 is on my 2nd floor and of course I want to use the Wireless Joey in the basement. Is it required to hook the Wireless base-station directly to the H3 or can I plug that into any ethernet jack that is on the network the H3 is on? Also, I see the Wireless Joey has a RJ45 port. If I plug that in does it become wired and send the signal over the network? Thanks

Question on the Wireless Joey used with the H3. My H3 is on my 2nd floor and of course I want to use the Wireless Joey in the basement. Is it required to hook the Wireless base-station directly to the H3 or can I plug that into any ethernet jack that is on the network the H3 is on? Also, I see the Wireless Joey has a RJ45 port. If I plug that in does it become wired and send the signal over the network? Thanks

The Wireless Joey needs to be connected to the Hopper 3 or can be connected to a HIC if you need to have it in a closer room. It does not use your network at all.

I attached a reference guide from Dish.

Attachments

• Wireless Joey Quick Reference Guide (2).pdf
    644.7 KB · Views: 2,065
Reactions: KenSoren
I just saws post above about PTAT and delete, will check this out when I return home. Thanks.

Yes - PTAT delete cannot be deleted - just like the Hopper 1 & Hopper 2.
DVR delete (from DVR screen or after playback) can be restored.

vivek

Does the icons of the recordings show pictures of the shows like the old ones eventually? All mine are just showing the NBC, ABC, Discovery, etc icons for each show. I assumed it would just take a day, but its been two and they are still coming down like that.

Does the icons of the recordings show pictures of the shows like the old ones eventually? All mine are just showing the NBC, ABC, Discovery, etc icons for each show. I assumed it would just take a day, but its been two and they are still coming down like that.

Mine took at least 72 hours - a bit longer than I expected.

Reactions: Hawk88
Yes - PTAT delete cannot be deleted - just like the Hopper 1 & Hopper 2.
DVR delete (from DVR screen or after playback) can be restored.

vivek

I think your engineers snuck something in on you Vivek. The Hopper 3 (version U301) does allow the programs to be deleted from PTAT. Hopper 1 and 2 did not allow deletion, but Hopper 3 does.

Reactions: ralfyguy
I see now. I think he meant that PTAT delete cannot be restored. I get it now. I was not aware that PTAT could even be deleted on Hopper 1 and 2. My mistake. Sorry.

LeilaS contacted me and and did a great job scheduling me for H3, three 4K Joeys on four 4k TV's and a wireless Joey as a floater to be used on office/guest room/outside TV. Everything was installed quickly and surprisingly smoothly. I switched the H3's 52.0 remote back to a 40.0 remote for the wife's convenience. We really like the new system!