Official - I have a Hopper 3 Thread!

I read this with great interest & downloaded Suits season 5, episode 1. Turned out to be one of the HD, not 4k. I guess I didn't understand your post. We have DSL internet & I cannot download the 4k programs now. I never will if they stream-only 4k but should be able to if it can be recorded to the HDD, which makes me wonder why I cannot do that now. I'll try again when there's less traffic on the internet.
I pulled an episode that was marked as 4k on Suits and an episode of the other USA series, some nonsense comedy. At first trying it failed to download and screen went blank and I could not get out w/o doing a hard reset (unplug). When rebooted I again went into VOD and after making my choice I instantly clicked "watch later" and in doing so all was fine. I stayed on the screen and watched the continuous updating of downloading which averaged 41-42 mbps. Now this is fairly accurate as I have a 50 down and 5 up service from the local cable provider. Came back later and watched both shows briefly and did a comparison on the Suits episode with the same one I had recorded early in HD and there was a noticeable improvement in PQ...whether we are truly getting 4k or it is somewhat watered down will be difficult for me observe until I get a 4k blu-ray player and find enough content to justify the purchase of same and make some comparisons.

Got the H3 yesterday and loving it... Will take a little but will def get used to the new layout... Tech called another tech and tried to tell me the 40 remote was having trouble and didn't work well with H3 but told him I would still pair and try it out... Netflix works on H3 but 4k Joey tells me to check back 2/18... Love the 4k Joey... The speed is incredible...

H3 froze up once and when it reset the EHD 1 then was renamed EHD 2 and the EHD 2 was renamed EH1

Search feature used to show me all showings but tried to search a movie last night and all I could come up with is record now or next showing... Never saw all the listings

Have channel pics on guide and everything seems to work well so far... Very minor issues and dish out did themselves...

Funny thing is I had to do a few recordings for last night and was trying to figure out which recording to do so there were no conflicts... Haha then I remembered I had 17 tuners

Can you get to your EHD from all of your Joey's? I'm unable to see the EHD from anything but the Hopper TV.

My setup is Hopper 3/Joey/Joey/Joey with a HIC.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Can you get to your EHD from all of your Joey's? I'm unable to see the EHD from anything but the Hopper TV.

My setup is Hopper 3/Joey/Joey/Joey with a HIC.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

I just have one Joey but yes I am able to access both EHD from my Joey

Reactions: BKF
Well, I'm giving up on this remote. Maybe in this case bigger is better. I ordered a Dish Network 40.0 Remote Control for Hopper/joey Receivers off Amazon & it should be here by Thursday. In fairness, the installing tech did offer to take the new remote & leave the old remote with me but at that time I didn't think it would be a big deal. I do use picture in picture a lot, which with the old remote, was easy to find & use. It took hours to find the picture in picture control on the new remote which makes it so much harder. New remote you now press Options, down arrow to Picture in Picture, check On, the side arrow to Swap, then Exit. Five steps. To turn it off, reverse those five steps. Old remote, press one button to Swap, one to do picture in picture, done!

I'm with you on all of that. I had them back out and now I have the old remotes on all 4 TV's. VERY happy with Hopper 3. Not so much with the new remotes. They dumbed them down to the point that they were very difficult to use.

Reactions: DERG
I occasionally have a situation where it loses the ability to see a drive..... I have two plugged in currently.... I unplug the offending drive, plug it back in, then reboot the hopper and all is well again....

I occasionally have a situation where it loses the ability to see a drive..... I have two plugged in currently.... I unplug the offending drive, plug it back in, then reboot the hopper and all is well again....

You usually don't have to reboot. It just takes a couple of minutes to process the reconnected drive and show the drive connected message.

That may be the case, but I've found that reboots usually kill gremlins quicker, so I do it as a matter of course as long as no recordings are active....

The connector for the RF remote antenna does it have a coarser thread that the connector for the satellite dish input? I tried to connect a short cable extension to the connector for the remote antenna using the normal rg6 compression connector and I could only start it about 1/2 of rotation.

I then compared the connector to a rg6 barrel connector and with my bad eyes the remote antenna connector looked like a coarser thread. It looked like the difference between a 10-32 and a 10-24 machine screw.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

The connector for the RF remote antenna does it have a coarser thread that the connector for the satellite dish input? I tried to connect a short cable extension to the connector for the remote antenna using the normal rg6 compression connector and I could only start it about 1/2 of rotation.

I then compared the connector to a rg6 barrel connector and with my bad eyes the remote antenna connector looked like a coarser thread. It looked like the difference between a 10-32 and a 10-24 machine screw.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Different connector totally. You can use a push on adapter connected to the RG6 with a barrel.

I had Prime recording Sunday (7-11PM) as well as a non prime from 8-10PM, 9-10PM & two at 10-11PM. One of the 10-11PMs didn't record. The recorder is set to start 1 minute early & end 3 late. How many programs is the Hopper suppose to record at once, 6 was it? Figuring the overlaps I count 5 programmed but only 4 recorded. Must have a software glitch. But, the non recorded program was set to record series, new only so if it skipped the 10-11PM, why didn't pickup on a re-broadcast later on?

I got my Hopper 3, one Joey and one wireless Joey last Thursday. Quite a difference from my 622 which I had for ages.

So far I like the Hopper 3 but there are a few things that I miss from my 622. I preferred the guide color scheme on the 622 over the various shades of black/grey on the Hopper 3 and activating both PIP and Aspect Ratio changes was MUCH better on the 622. I'm still trying to get use to the new Hopper 3 remote. That's going to take even more time. I keep trying to hit the old keys from my 622 remote.

But I LOVE the 16 tuners, the speed of the Hopper 3 and DishAnywhere is awesome!

Dish definitely has some work to do on the Hopper 3 software though. I've already run into a bunch of weird U/I issues and random reboots on the Hopper and Joeys. I look forward to when they work out all the kinks.

All in all, it was a worthwhile upgrade.

Just had a 3 n Joey installed. Have been disgusted since 97 or 98 can't remember. Anyway called n ordered yesterday, installed today Mar 8. Install went smooth. Had access hole for Joey cable about 10 feet from location n hole in floor. Got my old remote to sync to unit. Still has not moved shows across. Getting used to new format searching is strange seems that if no show in next 10 or so days it won't find. Any advice on getting timer info to move from old remote so I don't have to keep adding? Also if I set a download time for on demand during my hughes 50 gig times will it keep recording movie e if unit goes to upgrade? Would sure like to set upgrade times. Anyway. Really like it so far will keep you posted. Jerry

We want to hear how about your ordering experience!
We want to hear about your install how did it go?
We want to hear what the Techs did and upgraded at your house!
We want to hear your thoughts on the Hopper 3!
We want to hear what you would change about the Hopper 3?

Consider this thread the SatelliteGuys Hopper 3 Users Club.

If you don't have a Hopper 3 PLEASE do not post in this thread. Please just watch and learn. :D Posts by folks that do not have a Hopper 3 will be removed. If you have any questions please post them in a different thread. Thanks! :D :D

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Just had a 3 n Joey installed. Have been disgusted since 97 or 98 can't remember. Anyway called n ordered yesterday, installed today Mar 8. Install went smooth. Had access hole for Joey cable about 10 feet from location n hole in floor. Got my old remote to sync to unit. Still has not moved shows across. Getting used to new format searching is strange seems that if no show in next 10 or so days it won't find. Any advice on getting timer info to move from old remote so I don't have to keep adding? Also if I set a download time for on demand during my hughes 50 gig times will it keep recording movie e if unit goes to upgrade? Would sure like to set upgrade times. Anyway. Really like it so far will keep you posted. Jerry

We want to hear how about your ordering experience!
We want to hear about your install how did it go?
We want to hear what the Techs did and upgraded at your house!
We want to hear your thoughts on the Hopper 3!
We want to hear what you would change about the Hopper 3?

Consider this thread the SatelliteGuys Hopper 3 Users Club.

If you don't have a Hopper 3 PLEASE do not post in this thread. Please just watch and learn. :D Posts by folks that do not have a Hopper 3 will be removed. If you have any questions please post them in a different thread. Thanks! :D :D

Thanks!
[/QUOTE]
I hate spell replacement I have been dish customer since 97 or 98 can't remember

I have found several glitches and can't get an answer from DISH as to weather they know about them or not. Mostly they deal with OTA. I can add OTA channels in the favorites list 1, but they disappear as soon as I leave the page. Also, you can only create 1 list, as it does the same thing for list 2, it lets you make it, and then takes it away when you leave. The weirdest glitch, though, and most frustrating, is that I can only watch OTA channels live. When they record, and are played back, they continually break up. Clearly there is something wrong in the Hopper 3"s recording or playing back of OTA channels.

When I posted this on an official DISH forum I was told to come here, but I do a search for Hopper 3 glitches, and get nothing. So is there a list somewhere of what they are aware of and what they are doing to correct it. In keeping with that theme, how can you tell when a software update has happened, so you can check to see if anything was fixed?

I have found several glitches and can't get an answer from DISH as to weather they know about them or not. Mostly they deal with OTA. I can add OTA channels in the favorites list 1, but they disappear as soon as I leave the page. Also, you can only create 1 list, as it does the same thing for list 2, it lets you make it, and then takes it away when you leave. The weirdest glitch, though, and most frustrating, is that I can only watch OTA channels live. When they record, and are played back, they continually break up. Clearly there is something wrong in the Hopper 3"s recording or playing back of OTA channels.

When I posted this on an official DISH forum I was told to come here, but I do a search for Hopper 3 glitches, and get nothing. So is there a list somewhere of what they are aware of and what they are doing to correct it. In keeping with that theme, how can you tell when a software update has happened, so you can check to see if anything was fixed?
Dish is aware of the OTA issues, both of them...

Welcome to the forum.

There are multiple threads about the problems you described. They are widespread and well known. I agree about it being very frustrating to not be able to watch any recorded OTA content. Hopefully a future software update will fix this problem and hopefully it will be soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)