Official I have L4.49 Thread

I got it Wednesday night and played with it last night. I do not see any difference. recorded an HBO movie and got no warning. I still have 1080i picture and 16x9 picture on the HSDchannels. or it looks 1080i to me. I don't see any folder options anywhere or in my external HD., I already had folders in my on board drive. No noticeable changes. Anything else that I should look for.

I just woke up here to my power going out in the house. It kept cutting in and out and finally went out for a good 2 - 3 minutes and then finally came back on. I have UPS systems on all my computers and TV/DVRs. I shutdown all my computers gracefully, and then look at my 2 Dish 622s and each has a gren light on them. So I power on the TVs just too see it's in the middle of the update! During the power outage. :eek:

Luckily, the UPS systems stayed up long enough to complete the updates. It might have saved both my DVRs from being bricked! :D

fortunately no reboot loop here on my 722. But fail to see any difference as of yet. Update completed here at 5:20 cst .

My 722 has been downloading 449 over and over for over 4 hours.:mad: Seems like every time they do an update they screw something up! Trying a hard reboot now.

Ed

Got the update around 5:30 am cst noticed there is now a favorites menu option which I like because I was always pushing the guide button too many times

Bob

Quite a few of us are in a reboot loop since getting the update overnight....
This morning, all my 622 did was sound like it was rebooting.
The TV1 light would come on for a while, then eventually all the lights would flash on then off, the fan would shut down and then power up again and repeat the process all over again continuously.

No output was going from the HDMI connection to the TV.

Tried a couple hard reboots (hold power for 10 secs, and even remove power for 10 secs), but it kept doing the same thing.

Eventually I gave up on it and headed into work. Hopefully the update didn't brick it.

L4.49 broke my 722. It was working fine with L4.48 yesterday, but I got up this morning to frequent rebooting every few minutes. It will stay alive just long enough to get into the menu to verify that firmware was updated to L4.49.

What's the procedure for getting repair or replacement of an owned unit? There better not be any charge whatsoever since their firmware update broke it.

I didn't get the reboot loop but it did take longer than other FW updates have (2hr20min including the guide update). I turn the TV on every weekday at the same time and this is the first time I've encountered an update in progress....

5:30cst today 722 was humming and front panel LED's were flashing on and off. I didn't check but guess it was gettingb the update

What's the procedure for getting repair or replacement of an owned unit? There better not be any charge whatsoever since their firmware update broke it.
Jumping the gun a bit, aren't we ? No one said the receivers are broken because of the update....

I didn't get the reboot loop but it did take longer than other FW updates have (2hr20min including the guide update). I turn the TV on every weekday at the same time and this is the first time I've encountered an update in progress....

Cosmo,

I had the same problem. My receiver has been Downloading and re-flashing the Firmware for about 2 and half to three hours. My mothers receiver is still doing this reboot cycle.

John

Jumping the gun a bit, aren't we ? No one said the receivers are broken because of the update....
Right now I consider my unit broken, as it is unusable. If this rebooting/whatever ends and it finally powers up and gives me an output, then I will consider it not broken.

Until then, it be broke.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)