Official New Slingbox Announcement

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
http://www.slingbox.com/go/upgrade

Save $30 on a New Slingbox 500 or Slingbox 350

If you currently own an original Slingbox, Slingbox PRO-HD, Slingbox SOLO, Slingbox PRO, Slingbox AV or Slingbox TUNER, you are eligible to receive $30 off* a new Slingbox 350 or Slingbox 500. To qualify, you'll be asked to enter your serial number to receive your discount.

Picked up a 350 today from BB. They didn't even have them on the shelf this morning, but he went in the back and brought out two 350's. I asked if they had the 500 and he said "yeah" and then just stood there. So you just bring out stock when someone asks?

Anyway, got it hooked up and it's working great on my EVO LTE and Galaxy Tab 10.1.

Picked up a 350 today from BB. They didn't even have them on the shelf this morning, but he went in the back and brought out two 350's. I asked if they had the 500 and he said "yeah" and then just stood there. So you just bring out stock when someone asks?

Anyway, got it hooked up and it's working great on my EVO LTE and Galaxy Tab 10.1.

I guess thats part of the reason why they are hurting oh and the fact that nobody knows anything.

Anyways could you post a pic i would love to see it. :)

Probably so.

I've got it all tucked away into the entertainment stand now, but I can tell you it looks exactly like what they showed in the pictures. ;) IMO it looks a lot better than the 500, but it still looks a little out of place compared to the other components on the shelves of the entertainment center.

Dang it looks like if you want to watch your Slingbox on a MAC or PC you need to watch it from their website... It appears there will be no stand alone Slingplayer sofware.

I noticed that it said NOT SUPPORTED. In the past that has meant 'use at your own risk.' I'm interested to know if the SlingPlayer app works too.

I picked up a 350 yesterday. And Slingplayer software DOES SEE the new Slingbox, however there is no password or admin password for it to be able to log in and view it. :( Only ways to watch is via websites, or via the phone / tablet apps.

Scott, what about over LAN - still have to go the website?

Am I correct, there is no coax input at all aside from there being no tuner? So anything like my older security cameras won't work with these new boxes?

Sorely disappointed. Using the slingplayer for use within the same house (LAN) requires no internet usage, in addition computers at work can't use the online website because you can't download software. But - you can put the slingplayer on a USB stick and that will work just fine. And no tuner. Just seems to be regressing rather than progressing.

Nah its smart enough to know they are local and use only bandwidth in your house instead of sending it out and back in again.

The only thing youare getting from the Internet is the player software and the login to access the Slingbox.

Sorely disappointed. Using the slingplayer for use within the same house (LAN) requires no internet usage, in addition computers at work can't use the online website because you can't download software. But - you can put the slingplayer on a USB stick and that will work just fine. And no tuner. Just seems to be regressing rather than progressing.

The real reason Sling is now requiring the web site is to simplify customer support. Trying to talk someone through opening up a port on their home router, and dealing with dynamically allocated IP addresses is too hard. Having the box open a port to sling.com and having the watching software connect to sling.com and take over the portal removes all these issues.

I don't doubt you. But to quote sportswriter, and Around the Horn and PTI guest Bob Ryan ....IT STINKS!

Scott: Have you tried to 'setup' the 350 with the SlingPlayer app?

I would seriously question purchasing anything that cannot be used independently of the selling company. That means that they are required to maintain their site to use hardware you own. It also gives the leverage to monetize that in the future. You're now a hostage.

Yes works great with the Slingplayer app on my iphone, ipad and Google device. :)

BTW today I was watching HD from the 350... and HD from my old Slingbox Pro HD... and honestely I couldn't see any differnce in PQ between the two.

Will the old sling player plug-in for VLC work? (I have not tried for a few years)

I'm having issues watching HD content on my EVO LTE via my home wi-fi. It will play for a short amount of time and then it freezes (no video or audio). Occasionally a little circle will spin in the middle of the screen like it's trying to connect but nothing happens. Watching in SD mode it plays with no problem, but then to add insult to injury an icon will pop up saying there is plenty of bandwidth and I should switch over to HD for better quality. :computerwindow:

Conversely, it works flawlessly on my Galaxy Tab.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts