Official Press Release Mike Dugan has retired!

SatelliteGuys was the only one to report this on Friday and was also the only site to go through proper channels to find out if the rumor was true or not.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I found the 'No Comment" from Steve Calulk to be strange and figured something was up which is why I contacted Mike Dugan directly.

Mike's answer to me, technically is correct, as he will still be with Echostar, just not in the same role.

It will be interesting to see who fills Mike's shoes, I think Mark Jackson could fill his shoes, however I would like to see some new blood step into the role and shape things up at Echostar. The problems that Echostar has been having with hardware and software is really unexcusable.

If one does the math here: Approx 110,000 shares directly controlled at $33/share, that results in around $3,630,000.00 in gross proceeds. In the past year, he has sold over $8 million dollars worth of stock. He certainly does not need to work anymore, and as mentioned in the press release, he is working to help disadvantages children which in my is a much more commendable thing than building satellite equipment. He may not have as much money as Bill Gates, but anybody who makes money and uses at least some of it to help others is a very positive person in my book!

Good for him!

Reed

Another reason I left DISH Network. They can't get their story straight. Just look at their crappy hardware and you will see it.

Neutron said:
Another reason I left DISH Network. They can't get their story straight. Just look at their crappy hardware and you will see it.

horse feathers...you're not reading into it with the executive BS filter on.

Is he LEAVING echostar? No...he'll still be on the board.

Being on the board of directors of a company is a much less time consuming vocation rather than being the COO of the company. Instead of working at least 10 hour days, he will meet typically at most once a week. His experience will help the company.

How many of you have actually been the head technical honcho at any corporation? I have been the Chief Engineer, VP MIS, and the CTO at three different corporations all employing at least 25 employees. Unless you have been there, you have absolutely no idea what goes on behind the scenes, and the amount of stress and issues you have to deal with on a daily basis. As I mentioned above, I guess Mike decided that it was time to retire from active duty at E* and focus on other things..

Reedl

GaryPen said:
Damn straight.

I hate to say this, because I know I will get flamed, but ever since switching to Directv I haven't had a single problem with my satellite system.

bcshields said:
I've never had one problem with Dish... 8 months and counting. not even a smart card reset.

Do you have an 811?

If I only had 301's or my old 3000 and 4000 I could make that statement too.

bcshields said:
I've never had one problem with Dish... 8 months and counting. not even a smart card reset.

I've had Dish since 1996 and only with a model 5000 receiver. I never had a problem, never had to call them for anything, until I got this POS 811 receiver..

They should be ashamed of themselves.

gpflepsen said:
Do you have an 811?

If I only had 301's or my old 3000 and 4000 I could make that statement too.

Nope. My other half won't let me. now maybe if FOX was broadcast in HD, I might be able to convince her.

I've got a 508/301 combo. Soon to get a 522 as soon as they're available for existing customers.. with the DPP Diplexor.

You have a point.. I waited until they were pretty much bug-free.

LOL, I haven't missed one episode in the last two seasons.... last night was Elton John night.. man was I in need of some earplugs.

Last night? I was at the damn Clay Aiken concert in SJ! (Almost had my camcorder confiscated.) But, of course, we taped last night's show, and she had to watch it immediately when we got home. I'm in the doghouse for not wanting to watch it right away. (Of course, I don't get any points for drivving 2 hrs to Sacramento to see Clay last week.)

bcshields said:
LOL, I haven't missed one episode in the last two seasons.... last night was Elton John night.. man was I in need of some earplugs.

Boy, are you right there. Camille is outta here tonight!!! Simply pathetic...

Camille? Is that Hawaiin #2? I don't know their names. There's Hawaiians #1 (flower-in-hair) and #2, Red-haired guy, Goofy-dancing guy, Women of color 1, 2, and 3, and George Huff. (I know they already booted Cute chick, Pink-haired girl, and Football-player guy.)

LMAO.. yes, hawaiian #2, she's needs to go. Redhead and Goofy dancer have been needing to go for 3 weeks now, but they get the teenie bopper cute guy vote.

Only here can we go from COO Retirement to Teenie Boppers in one thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts