Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
As you might have seen other sites have been posting "Release Notes" many of these notes are based off of BETA code and much of what is being reported is not accurate.

Dish Network is looking to stop the publishing of these unauthorized release notes by other sites since they are a publicly held company.

We are working with Dish on getting OFFICIAL Release notes and have finally just got our hands on a bunch of OFFICIAL release notes.

So here you go. :)

Model 211, L2.67 - Support for additional future LNB/Switch systems, HDMI output improvements, Tuner support for additional modulation and coding rates, Extended program guide access updates.

Model 622, L3.59 - Tuner support for additional modulation and coding rates, Extended program guide access updates, Correction to photo player functions, video jitter reduction.

Model 811, P3.80 - Fix for intermittent hang of DPP Twin LNBF which required power cycle reset previously to correct.

Model 322, L3.14 - Update to interactive applications (OpenTV) support.

Model 522/625, L2.96 - Extended program guide access updates, Update to interactive applications (OpenTV) support.

Thanks Scott! Did we ever get the official release notes on the last 942 software? I can't remember seeing it, but I may have just missed it. Thanks.

Not sure the software has been flowing fast lately, and unfortunately I have been busy working on the new server to pay full attention.

Thanks Scott.

"Tuner support for additional modulation and coding rates". Wonder what this means, I would assume it's related to the OTA tuner but what exactly will that add or improve.

thank you for the info, I was wondering what would happen when my 522 finally decides to upated to 296

Scott Greczkowski said:
Model 622, L3.59 - Tuner support for additional modulation and coding rates

What does that mean? Is there something I need to do to get the benefits such as remap the Locals?

Scott Greczkowski said:
That would be sweet if it could tune to the unscambled digital cable channels and HD channels. :)

wouldn't that require a QAM tuner in the 622? My antenna still picks up more, but that would be cool none the less. :)

VinceT3 said:
wouldn't that require a QAM tuner in the 622? My antenna still picks up more, but that would be cool none the less. :)

Well it did say "additional modulations and coding types"... HRC and ICC really aren't either, just frequency allocations. Would somebody please try QAM and see? I have no unscrambled HD (damn Suscom) and very little unscrambled SD, plus the cable and the receiver are both in an awkward place to get to.

What is the "Extended program guide access updates" ? Is this going to allow us to view more than 9 days into the future on the EPG?

Jim S. said:
Well it did say "additional modulations and coding types"... HRC and ICC really aren't either, just frequency allocations. Would somebody please try QAM and see? I have no unscrambled HD (damn Suscom) and very little unscrambled SD, plus the cable and the receiver are both in an awkward place to get to.
I tried last night for the heck of it - nada, zip, no channels found. Wasn't really expecting QAM or digital cable to work, and sure enough, it didn't. I'm in North LA County using Comcast (expanded basic) and I hooked my cable directly into the antenna input of my 622. I do get unscrambled local nets (QAM) via my LG LST-3410a PVR.

Additional modulations and coding types are for the agile modulator to match your cable feed. It is the RF output on TV2 not for inputs.

Well then the next release ought to fix the help text that says it's for the "analog input module". Plus, I say again, "modulations and coding types"? I could be wrong, but I thought that the only difference between standard cable, HRC, and ICC was a slightly different channel spacing to reduce adjacent channel interference and/or shoehorn channel "1" into the gap between (standard and air) channels 4 and 5. Now, you could if you wanted to probably get away with calling that "modulation", although I never would, but "coding types" is really stretching the words beyond all recognition. But apparently Dish's software release notes are as obtuse as their help text.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)