Official SatelliteGuys CBS / DISH Dispute Thread

Today during the Patriots/Raiders game, there have been multiple times that there was the huge scroll across the top of the screen during the football action, and then there were some commercials that were to call Dish about losing CBS. CBS is really going into fight mode.

Correction it's 11:59 (not that the nine minutes makes a difference). For me, WBZ has the best OTA signal. Therefore, boogie boogie, I'm still not afraid. CBS just made a crap ton of money merging it's radio division with Entercom. There's no way for them to look good (as not being money hungry) in this one. I survived fine when Hearst took away WCVB for a while, and I'll do fine with CBS taking away WBZ. I still get your signal for free.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Not sure why they would discuss when a Boston station will be dropped using PST but OK.

BTW it would be for all CBS O&Os so WBZ and WSBK in Boston, WCBS in NY etc. But O&Os only so those watching on an affiliate would be unaffected.

You might actually see WSBK as a superstation (if you sub).

I never understood why Les thinks that CBS is better than all of the other networks.
Maybe because CBS has bunches of good programs. I heard somewhere the other day that CBS was rated #1 for prime time programs. I know for me and the Mrs CBS has the most of our favorite watched programs.

Here is the link for the dispute page. Looks like tonight CBS may go dark on Dish.
http://keepcbsondish.com/
Over the past several months, CBS has been resolute in our efforts to secure a fair carriage deal with DISH. Unfortunately, DISH, a company that has dropped nearly 400 stations since 2013, is not operating with the same sense of urgency. CBS would very much like to avoid going dark, but unless an agreement is reached our viewers should be prepared to lose CBS from their DISH systems on November 20th at 11:59 PM/Mountain Time.

You just gotta love their FAQ's. It's all Dish's fault.
button_FAQ.jpg

Q: Why will DISH drop CBS Programming?
A: Unfortunately, DISH was unwilling to work towards an agreement that kept CBS stations available to its subscribers. It seems to be a situation they put consumers in often based on the nearly 400 broadcast stations that this has happened to since 2013.

Q: DISH told me that my bill will go up if they accepted your terms?
A: Any rate increase DISH chooses to implement is entirely up to DISH.

Q: How much should DISH be crediting me for the loss of CBS?
A: While you are already paying for CBS as part of your package, the amount of any credit is up to DISH.

Q: How can I keep CBS on DISH?
A: Call 1-855-5-KEEP-US to stay connected to DISH and ask them to keep CBS on their channel line-up. After all, you are already paying for CBS. If DISH eventually refuses your request, you have other alternatives. Visit KeepCBSonDISH.com to view your options

Reactions: charlesrshell
None of those answers answered the actual questions in the FAQ. Dish isn’t dropping CBS, CBS is pulling the stations. Any increase in rates is up to Dish, however is based on factors such as how much of an increase crease CBS demands. I truly hope people see through that BS.

Reactions: JSheridan
Here is the link for the dispute page. Looks like tonight CBS may go dark on Dish.
Attention Customers!

You just gotta love their FAQ's. It's all Dish's fault.
button_FAQ.jpg

Q: Why will DISH drop CBS Programming?
A: Unfortunately, DISH was unwilling to work towards an agreement that kept CBS stations available to its subscribers. It seems to be a situation they put consumers in often based on the nearly 400 broadcast stations that this has happened to since 2013.

Q: DISH told me that my bill will go up if they accepted your terms?
A: Any rate increase DISH chooses to implement is entirely up to DISH.

Q: How much should DISH be crediting me for the loss of CBS?
A: While you are already paying for CBS as part of your package, the amount of any credit is up to DISH.

Q: How can I keep CBS on DISH?
A: Call 1-855-5-KEEP-US to stay connected to DISH and ask them to keep CBS on their channel line-up. After all, you are already paying for CBS. If DISH eventually refuses your request, you have other alternatives. Visit KeepCBSonDISH.com to view your options

Of the 400 channels DISH has dropped how many still exist? Many were dropped because they folded due to a lack of customer base..

Somebody has to pay the increase in costs and 99% of the time it is the consumer, why doesn't CBS just absorb the costs they want DISH to eat.

What do you think is a fair value for receiving CBS?
Remember it is FREE with a TV antenna by law.

How about if CBS just came up with a PRIME TIME rate so you didn't have to buy programming while you work.

How about some quality programming, I don't watch a lot of their current programming. Shows like NCIS are on their way out, many of the stars have left or announced plans to leave such as Abbey and Ducky

I called DISH and voiced my opinion cancel CBS. I can receive KTVT and KXII with my TV Antenna I don't enjoy paying $10/mo. that is built into my programming package.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I see no reason that it would not affect the CBS stations in NY. I wonder why they have not joined the other stations in taking that stance.

CBS? Remember it is FREE with a TV antenna by law.
I wish that were the case in my area. I don't have any OTA CBS affiliates scanned into my guide because I can't get good reception. The closest affiliate to me is actually an out-of-market affiliate (WBNS) that appears on the Significantly Viewed List for my county, but of course Dish doesn't offer Significantly Viewed stations. That is too bad because I would rather get my news from that affiliate than from our in-market affiliate, WOIO. Sorry for the off-topic rant, since neither of these affiliates is affected by the dispute that is the topic of this thread.

Trying to think, this contract must have been a fast one, seems like the last CBS contact issue seems not that long ago. Included my local CBS then and now. But OTA to the rescue :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)