Official SatelliteGuys CBS / DISH Dispute Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If you live in (or "move" to) a market without a CW, you get WPIX from New York, which is one of the Superstations.
I used to "move" to Toledo for precisely that reason, to get WPIX. Then, Toledo lost WPIX during the Tribune dispute and never got it back as far as I know. Toledo actually has a sub-channel affiliate of CW now, but the last time I checked, Dish still doesn't carry it. Cincinnati is in the same situation, with a sub-channel CW affiliate not carried by Dish, and no national feed, either. :(

If I'm looking for a free module it couldn't be on the Wally could it?
Some people on here try to get free stuff just for the sake of getting free stuff. I also thought that maybe you already had the single-tuner adapter, and you were trying to see if Dish would upgrade you to the dual-tuner for free.

Some people on here try to get free stuff just for the sake of getting free stuff. I also thought that maybe you already had the single-tuner adapter, and you were trying to see if Dish would upgrade you to the dual-tuner for free.
Like you I don't think the module is worth $60. Right now it is free or keep on using the 211K. I really got the Wally to get experience with CUI.

Reactions: pattykay
I gotta say... I really like the Local Now channel here in Chicago instead of CBS! I wish they had this all the time!
I was wondering what that uplink report (on the other site) was all about. I wish they would give Local Now its own channel number in every market where Dish offers the Local Now App, not just the markets that are affected by the dispute like they are doing now.

Twin cities mn lost cbs, called dish, I was told they don't have the usb adapter. I was given a 5$ credit on a 150$ per month bill.
Driving 120 miles in the morning to pick up the usb dual tuner adapter, paying full price. With the holiday it would have been several days or next week to get one shipped. Hope the adapter works well, huge cbs prime time fans.

Not happy, but hope it works. Been putting it off, had the antenna on my 722 and 622 of yester years, heh

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Is Discovery available on Hulu? i thought it was not.
It's available on Netflix outside of the US.
If only there was some technology that allowed you to connect to the Internet virtually via a private network server in another country.
Then, you'd be able to watch it with your regular Netflix account. If only such a thing existed.

It's available on Netflix outside of the US.
If only there was some technology that allowed you to connect to the Internet virtually via a private network server in another country.
Then, you'd be able to watch it with your regular Netflix account. If only such a thing existed.

It does. It’s called Unlocator and it’s completely legal: www.unlocator.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)