Offset C band LNBF thoughts

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Corrado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
Hudson Valley Region, NY
We put up the Prodelin dish over the weekend and I ran into something I never thought about before. On typical prime focus C band LNB housings, the feed end is normally pointed somewhat downward. Offset dishes have the LNBF pointed in the upward direction.

Is there a C band LNBF the doesn't have the small holes in it? I plan on putting my spare BSC621 on for now,but I fear it might collect water when pointed up at 30 something deg. Sadoun has the B1SAT C band LNBF which looks appealing if it's sealed like a Ku LNBF. Does anyone know of a sealed unit for offset applications?

Here's what it looks like so far.

The dish behind it is pointed at X4. I'm glad I never made that permanent.

Attachments

• Picture 177.jpg
    Picture 177.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 316
my prodelin c band

I had a 6' prodelin up for a while. I used two C-band offset astrotel lnbf's.
The lnbf' would actually work for prime focus but they came with offset scalar rings that looked like a funnel with a cheap plastic cap over them.

I bought mine about 4 years ago from American Satellite Distributors for DirecTV, Free-To-Air, Satellite Dishes, Towers

Jay had them then. I don't know about now.

That looks exactly like the prodelin I had.

That prodelin is heavy isn't it.

That's an interesting website, I never heard of it before. Thanks for the info.

Yes that dish is heavy! The setup is rock solid and won't be going anywhere. I still can't believe how nice it's made. This commercial equipment is my favorite. Hopefully tonight I'll have some time to try for some pointing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)