Oh No! I've lost AMC 21 (125w Ku)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

KJ6EO

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 16, 2013
118.3W 34.3N
I was watching PBS World last night and suddently the screen went blank. I discovered that I wasn't receiving any of the PBS feeds on AMC 21. I hooked up my backup receiver and got the same thing. I'm receiving all the other birds both Ku and C but not AMC 21. I have a spare, so I'll try replacing my switch first. Interesting failure though ????

I was watching PBS World last night and suddently the screen went blank. I discovered that I wasn't receiving any of the PBS feeds on AMC 21. I hooked up my backup receiver and got the same thing. I'm receiving all the other birds both Ku and C but not AMC 21. I have a spare, so I'll try replacing my switch first. Interesting failure though ????
Just checked and 125w is still up so probably just a bad switch as you said. Hopefully if you swap it out and you should be good. :)

Yeah, let us know what the issue was, as it is working fine and was working fine last night.

Well ... My X2 Premium HD has never worked right. In order to resolve the problem I had to delete AMC 21, reenable it, reconfigure it, and do a blind scan. That resolved the problem. I just love it when entire satellites dissapear :mad:. I'm gonna dump the X2 as my primary receiver. Today I got out my MicroHD and blew the dust off it. I'll have to do a fresh blind scan on all the sats, that'll take some time :mad:. Fortunately, I have the time to do it right now :biggrin.

Reactions: FaT Air
Status
Please reply by conversation.