Ohio State does not want to play LSU in the BCS Championship...

There's no other college ball like the SEC. I'll watch just about any SEC team any day. I've tried to watch the others...was I entertained? Not so much.

There's no other college ball like the SEC. I'll watch just about any SEC team any day. I've tried to watch the others...was I entertained? Not so much.

exactly there is so much talent it crazy to keep the system the way it is , what exactly is the problem in adding a few more weeks of college football for playoffs , I mean its not like Money is the Issue ( how many Millons more could they get from a true playoff system) SO whats holding this up ? In all fairness to the SEC , there should be a playoff game between ten & GA , but no it over:mad:

exactly there is so much talent it crazy to keep the system the way it is , what exactly is the problem in adding a few more weeks of college football for playoffs , I mean its not like Money is the Issue ( how many Millons more could they get from a true playoff system) SO whats holding this up ? In all fairness to the SEC , there should be a playoff game between ten & GA , but no it over:mad:

They seem to think that they would lose money by having a playoff.....

In all fairness to the SEC , there should be a playoff game between ten & GA , but no it over

What were you trying to say here ?

Jimbo

Last edited:
Why should GA get another shot at a Tenn team it already lost to?
That is what makes the reg season so important. Every game counts!
ANY though process of a playoff setup MUST find someway to preserve the reg season as much as possible. While this year may show how much we need a playoff to determine a champion, its lack of existance is also what made this season the most exciting season of all IMO. There must be a equal medium between the two.

Every conf has their own style of football. While others enjoy a SEC game every weekend, I look forward to a B10 game, whomever it is. West coasters probably look forward to the Pac 10 game of the week.

If its a great game, I'll watch no matter what conf they are in.

Most people feel the same way about Big Ten football, which is why we now have the Big Ten Network.;) Unless there is a top rival game I would rather watch high school football since the rest of the conferences just aren't that interesting.

Why should GA get another shot at a Tenn team it already lost to?
Exactly. The reason that the NCAA originally allowed conferences to have a championship game if they had 12 teams, was because a conference that size could not have everyone play everyone (granted this rule was originally made for 1-AA, but same concept applies). A Championship games allows teams that haven't played to meet in the Championship game to decide the title.
Back when the SEC had 10 teams, there were cases where there were shared championships, due to the 2 teams tied at the top not playing each other, the championship game now avoids that as they would now play each other in the championship game.
If the 2 teams are in the same division, then their head to head game decides who goes, same as back in the days of 10 teams when if the 2 teams tied at the top had played each other during the regular season, that game determined the title.

Most people feel the same way about Big Ten football, which is why we now have the Big Ten Network.;) Unless there is a top rival game I would rather watch high school football since the rest of the conferences just aren't that interesting.

I've watched a few games from other areas was really quite bored with it.

Maybe it is because I'm really not a sports fanatic and don't follow a lot of football.

No that ain't it. Big Ten football can be a little boring at times. Trust me, I'm from Big Ten country.

I think it depends on the amount of exposure you get to certain teams, which develops the interest you have in them. I grew up in Louisiana, but I've lived in Wisconsin and now Ohio. I now enjoy watching Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Michigan, but mostly when they play each other. I'll always enjoy watching any SEC game (except for maybe a stinker like Vanderbilt vs. Miss. State) because I'm the most familiar with them. And of course, I never miss an LSU game.

Last edited:
Exactly. The reason that the NCAA originally allowed conferences to have a championship game if they had 12 teams, was because a conference that size could not have everyone play everyone (granted this rule was originally made for 1-AA, but same concept applies). A Championship games allows teams that haven't played to meet in the Championship game to decide the title.
Back when the SEC had 10 teams, there were cases where there were shared championships, due to the 2 teams tied at the top not playing each other, the championship game now avoids that as they would now play each other in the championship game.
If the 2 teams are in the same division, then their head to head game decides who goes, same as back in the days of 10 teams when if the 2 teams tied at the top had played each other during the regular season, that game determined the title.

So if the 2 best teams are in the same side, the third best team gets a huge break. (on the other side).

No that ain't it. Big Ten football can be a little boring at times. Trust me, I'm from Big Ten country.

So can SEC, Pac 10, Big East, football, it all depends on who you watching.

How exciting has Big East football been to watch, it's been fun lately IF your watching WV this year.
Try watching it once Slaton and White are graduated. How exciting was Louisvile fiitball to watch this year now that the coach changed hands and the offense went with it. Yup , thats exciting.

Jimbo

Have you ever saeen a WAC game?

How about Boise State s Oklahoma last year?

How about Nevada vs Miami last year?

How about Boise State 69 Nevada 67 this year?

Wasn't the 2006 tOSU vs. Michigan game deemed "game of the century" last year? Hear even Brent Musberger state that and he hates tOSU.

Wasn't the 2006 tOSU vs. Michigan game deemed "game of the century" last year? Hear even Brent Musberger state that and he hates tOSU.

That crap is done EVERY YEAR....litterally. That is over used as the word "great". Every time 2 well known teams or individuals are gonna go face-to-face...it's "the battle of the century" of some kind......:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts