Ohio State does not want to play LSU in the BCS Championship...

I don't think Kansas can beat OU, but Missouri hung with OU and might have won if not for two mistakes in the 4th quarter earlier in the season.

Ou/Mizzu will be a great game. A healthy Bradford is the key. As far as kansas, I will really matter on where they finish the season. Top 4 is guarenteed a BCS berth (KSU rule). I'm not sure if the BCS bowls would take a one loss jayhawk team over other well known, well traveled football powers. May not be fair, but thats how the bowls work.

Until sunday, all I can say is..................BOOMER SOONER!

Dang, I think i just vommited in my mouth....

I believe it is as simple as this:

WVU will destroy Pitt next week and receive a ticket to the MNC. OU will beat Mizzou (OU has looked a lot better than Mizzou the last couple of weeks) and then tOSU will get the other ticket to the MNC. tOSU will then lose to WVU. Congratulations Mountaineers. ;)

I agree....except for the last part :)

If it is WVU vs tOSU, then the buckeyes better study that Illinois film REALLY closely.
The one good thing going for them is that WVU's defense isn't very strong. I think that Mizzu or tOSU won't have any probs putting up points.

ponder this.....its still possible that ohio state and kansas can play for the national championship. i'm presuming tonites bcs rankings will be: west virginia, mizzou, ohio state, kansas, georgia, usc and oklahoma. west va and mizzou can both lose next saturday. hence, my prediction of ohio state and kansas.

I thought that WVU had a chance to be jumped if they won out closely but after last night, no way. Win against Pitt and they are in!

OU can still make it IMO but it would need Pitt to win. It would have helped if kansas won last night as a 2nd defeat of Mizzu won't be as great as knocking down a undefeated Kansas.
Even though it happened in 2001 (NeB), i can't see kansas getting in even if others fall. People talk about tOSU and WVU's schedules, take a close look at kansas. I'd be the first to tell you that I don't want to see a 2 loss team in the title game, but a OU team that won the B12 and beat the same team that beat kansas (twice) holds more weight.

Any chance for Georgia (and IMO, LSU) went out the door when UK blew it in 4 ot's

I'd be curious to see the BCS rankings tonight and see where USC, Ok, LSU, and kansas fall.

I truely think that OU has the only shot of the 2 loss teams. I know that LSU loss 2 games in OT, but its still fresh in everyone's heads. Plus, beating Tenn again isn't as great as beating Mizzu again. USC looks great now that they are healthy but too much ground to catch up. Plus, they loss to STANFORD AT HOME!!! A cardinal sin as far as I am concerned (no pun intended : ) ).

Ice,
Kansas LOST, what makes you think theynwill be anywhere close to the top 5 ?

Scott,
There is NO WAY that Oklahoma will make #1-2, they were ranked 10 in the BCS coming into this week ...
If they jump all the others to the top, this too will show the BCS is pure BS... that said, the BSC is only a bunch of guys inputting info into the computers, in reallity, they (what 5 guys ") can determine whoever they want in the game simply by putting the correct info into the computers, whose to say they are on the up and up ?

How is it that the College football world gave this much power to probably 5 guy's sitting around a computer watching games and drinking whatever ?
Maybe it's only 1-2 people, no one really knows who the BCS is....

Jimbo

Jimbo,

With the latest coaches poll (and if the harris shows the same) then you are probably right about OU. I just thought that they had the best shot of the two losses because of who they were playing. Sadly, LSU may be the one two losss team that can sneak in. Again, it would take a OU win AND a Pitt win to even consider the possibility.

What is crazy is seeing Georgia at 4. If LSU rolls, I see them jumping the dawgs.

GA deserves to be in it , don't really care who they play , the SEC is where its at @ GA is the SEC , even all sports commentators know they deserve it , maybe this will finally be the year ( nex t season) where they will ditch this stupid system they have for a more NFL like Playoff , you booster guys & alumni NEED to Demand this , its unfair to the SEC ( THE SEC is the top tier) . IF I were one of you guys I wouldn't give Another Dime to these schools until they get rid of this ridiculous system. Now who wants to see GA PLay? or would rather have another boring team take there place! want a good game put GA in there , there rest are just pfftt..

GA deserves to be in it , don't really care who they play , the SEC is where its at @ GA is the SEC , even all sports commentators know they deserve it , maybe this will finally be the year ( nex t season) where they will ditch this stupid system they have for a more NFL like Playoff , you booster guys & alumni NEED to Demand this , its unfair to the SEC ( THE SEC is the top tier) . IF I were one of you guys I wouldn't give Another Dime to these schools until they get rid of this ridiculous system. Now who wants to see GA PLay? or would rather have another boring team take there place! want a good game put GA in there , there rest are just pfftt..

Why should GA play? They did not even make the SEC Championship game. If you can't make the SEC Championship you shouldn't get in the BCS Championship.

Could you imagine the chaos that it would cause if WV and Missouri both lose next week. You would possibly have Ohio State and Georgia in the Championship game. Now how many upset fans would there be to see Georgia make the game even though they did not make the SEC championship. The only hope would be if LSU wins the SEC they might leap frog Georgia in the polls.

Yeah, sad for the unlucky team facing a healthy Tiger team in the Superdome. :smug But, a moot point - LSU is done as far as the MNC.

Mark my words - WVU vs. tOSU.

If this is true, I could see WV winning the championship this year.

On a larger picture, take a close look at the BCS rankings in reference to the other BCS bowls.
If OU wins, mizzu may not be in a BCS bowl at all!
Look at this senerio (asumming LSU and VT wins their conf as favored)

BCS champ: WVU (BE), OSU (B10)
Fiesta: OU (B12)
Sugar: LSU (SEC)
Rose: USC (P10)
Orange: VT (ACC)

That leaves 4 at large berths. Hawaii as a undefeated top 12 non-bcs team would be a lock. Any non auto bid team in the top 4 would be a lock (Georgia and kansas sit at 4 and 5 now). That would leave 1 at large bid. The pecking order after all of the conf teams are placed in their respective "locked" bowl would go to the 2 conf that lost their teams to the title game. That would be Orange Bowl for losing WVU and then the Rose bowl (OSU). If kansas is top 4, Mizzu CAN NOT be taken! No BCS conf can have more than 2 teams (OU and Kansas). Look for the orange bowl to taken Georgia (closest team) and look for the Rose to take Illinois (to complete B10/Pac10 matchup). Fiesta to take Hawaii and Sugar gets kansas. I can't see the fiesta wanting 2 b12 teams even though they never played.

Mizzu has more on the line this weekend than anyone...

From a TRUE GA Fan !

On a larger picture, take a close look at the BCS rankings in reference to the other BCS bowls.
If OU wins, mizzu may not be in a BCS bowl at all!
Look at this senerio (asumming LSU and VT wins their conf as favored)

BCS champ: WVU (BE), OSU (B10)
Fiesta: OU (B12)
Sugar: LSU (SEC)
Rose: USC (P10)
Orange: VT (ACC)

That leaves 4 at large berths. Hawaii as a undefeated top 12 non-bcs team would be a lock. Any non auto bid team in the top 4 would be a lock (Georgia and kansas sit at 4 and 5 now). That would leave 1 at large bid. The pecking order after all of the conf teams are placed in their respective "locked" bowl would go to the 2 conf that lost their teams to the title game. That would be Orange Bowl for losing WVU and then the Rose bowl (OSU). If kansas is top 4, Mizzu CAN NOT be taken! No BCS conf can have more than 2 teams (OU and Kansas). Look for the orange bowl to taken Georgia (closest team) and look for the Rose to take Illinois (to complete B10/Pac10 matchup). Fiesta to take Hawaii and Sugar gets kansas. I can't see the fiesta wanting 2 b12 teams even though they never played.

Mizzu has more on the line this weekend than anyone...

Man it must have taken a long time to figure all that out ......

No BCS conf can have more than 2 teams
This is the part I don't agree with.

Sure would look good with a 16 team playoff starting next week.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts