Who will win?

• Ohio State

Votes: 69 61.6%
  • Florida

Votes: 43 38.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
one week and counting.......it does seem silly to play that game on a monday night, when saturday would work just fine.

and i haven't said it lately but i don't expect any butt kicking being done by those ohio boys!!!

I think Ohio State will win and I'll be rooting for Ohio State too !!!
But I do see it being a close game.

Jimbo

Only 1 week till florida wins its second national title... I hope its a very close game, and I hope ohio gives it 110% I dont want any blemish on this national title...

Only 1 week till florida wins its second national title... I hope its a very close game, and I hope ohio gives it 110% I dont want any blemish on this national title...

stevenl,

Since when is Ohio playing Florida? I thought Ohio was playing Southern Miss in the GMAC bowl.:D

'state' but I think Ohio fans would of been happy to been thought of as ohio state... Since ohio is playing in the GMAC bowl.. HEHE

Well I hope this game is as exciting as the Boise State/Oklahoma game was.

well, bs did upset the sooners. and THE game is being played on the same field. man, i would love the g-men to do the same thing!!

Did ya know

Coach Tressel is the first coach in NCAA Division 1-A history to lead his team to a 14-0 record.

Coach Tressel has posted a 8-2 mark against top 10 teams.

Jimbo

Coach Tressel is the first coach in NCAA Division 1-A history to lead his team to a 14-0 record.

Coach Tressel has posted a 8-2 mark against top 10 teams.

Jimbo

Are you sure about that? By my calculations the most games you could win is 14 but that would be from a conference like the Big 12 or SEC who have championship games, not the Big 10. A Big 10 team can only win 13 games at most including bowl wins.

Are you sure about that? By my calculations the most games you could win is 14 but that would be from a conference like the Big 12 or SEC who have championship games, not the Big 10. A Big 10 team can only win 13 games at most including bowl wins.

Ya know, that does sound strange, but it came off the web site, I would figure the SID wiould have that stuff correct.
I thought they won 14 in thier Championship year, but that was 13 as well.
I'm gonna look into that.
Even this current year it would only be 13.

I do know for a fact that they have the Nations longest winning streak at 19

Jimbo

Ramy,
I just sent an email to the web site, but I think I figured it out while I was typing it.

The statement says:
Fast Fact:Tressel is the first coach in NCAA Division 1-A history to lead his team to a 14-0 record

I think this could have been done while Jim was at Youngstown State.
Now I don't know, because thet is division IIa last I knew ...

The statement said Division 1, but did not say anything about being at Ohio State.

I'll let you know what I hear form them.

Jimbo

Last edited:
2002 Ohio State football results.

August 24 Texas Tech W 45-21 1-0 (0-0)
September 7 Kent State W 51-17 2-0 (0-0)
September 14 No. 7 Washington State W 25-7 3-0 (0-0)
September 21 at Cincinnati W 23-19 4-0 (0-0)
September 28 Indiana W 45-17 5-0 (1-0)
October 5 at Northwestern W 27-16 6-0 (2-0)
October 12 San Jose State W 50-7 7-0 (2-0)
October 19 at Wisconsin W 19-14 8-0 (3-0)
October 26 No. 10 Penn State W 13-7 9-0 (4-0)
November 2 Minnesota W 34-3 10-0 (5-0)
November 9 at Purdue W 10-6 11-0 (6-0)
November 16 at Illinois W 23-16 12-0 (7-0)
November 23 No. 11 Michigan W 14-9 13-0 (8-0)
January 3 vs No. 1 Miami (FL) W 31-24 14-0 (8-0)

I was at the Texas Tech and Wash State games. I also went to the Washington State-Nevada game in Seahawks stadium that year.

2002 Ohio State football results.

August 24 Texas Tech W 45-21 1-0 (0-0)
September 7 Kent State W 51-17 2-0 (0-0)
September 14 No. 7 Washington State W 25-7 3-0 (0-0)
September 21 at Cincinnati W 23-19 4-0 (0-0)
September 28 Indiana W 45-17 5-0 (1-0)
October 5 at Northwestern W 27-16 6-0 (2-0)
October 12 San Jose State W 50-7 7-0 (2-0)
October 19 at Wisconsin W 19-14 8-0 (3-0)
October 26 No. 10 Penn State W 13-7 9-0 (4-0)
November 2 Minnesota W 34-3 10-0 (5-0)
November 9 at Purdue W 10-6 11-0 (6-0)
November 16 at Illinois W 23-16 12-0 (7-0)
November 23 No. 11 Michigan W 14-9 13-0 (8-0)
January 3 vs No. 1 Miami (FL) W 31-24 14-0 (8-0)

I was at the Texas Tech and Wash State games. I also went to the Washington State-Nevada game in Seahawks stadium that year.

Thank you Digital Dude,
I missed this because everything I looked at showed the season, but did not add the Championship game in, seeing it was posted before the game.

Jimbo

2002 Season Recap

Much has been written and said about the magical ride that was the Ohio State football season of 2002. However, none of that hyperbole could ever exactly summarize the most thrilling five months any Buckeye player, coach or fan has ever seen.

No one outside of the Ohio State locker-room thought a Fiesta Bowl win over Miami was possible. No one outside of the Ohio State locker-room even fathomed a trip to Tempe at the season's outset. However, 13 seniors banded together to lead this young team to 14 consecutive wins, setting a new Division I NCAA college football record for most wins in a season.

Incredibly, half of those wins could have gone the other way. OSU kept its composure through seven tight games, finding a way to win each by a touchdown or less. Taking on the personality of its head coach, the calm collected Buckeyes relied on that experience right down to the season's final play.

The excitement surrounding the 2002 Buckeye was best exemplified later in January. Despite temperatures hovering in the single-digits, approximately 50,000 fans showed up at Ohio Stadium on January 18th, to celebrate and honor the 2002 National Champions.

Columbus mayor Michael Coleman and Ohio governor Bob Taft were on hand, and the entire team got to dot the "i" in "Script Ohio". To top it all off, Cie Grant sang a spiritual version of "Carmen Ohio", which would have sent chills up any Buckeyes' spine regardless of how cold it was.

2002 was such an expected joy ride that got better and better each week. Ohio State may win another national title-perhaps even soon-but just like the six that came before it, nothing will ever compare to that 2002 National Championship.

Jimbo

OSU 14 FL 13 ... that blocked PAT in the 3rd Qtr will cost them the game

Had the team that should be here (Mich) not been hosed it would have been MI 38, OSU 28

Michigan never belonged in the championship game. They lost their shot when OSU defeated them.

OSU 14 FL 13 ... that blocked PAT in the 3rd Qtr will cost them the game

Had the team that should be here (Mich) not been hosed it would have been MI 38, OSU 28

Paaallleeeeeeaaaaaaaassssseee !!!
Michigan could not keep up with a decient but not great D USC has, how would they ever keep up with Ohio State a 2nd time.
See Coach Tressel learns in every game, LLLLLoydd doesn't.
It would not even be close the 2nd time.

How dificult would it have been for Michigan to be beat twice by Ohio State , could the state handle it ?
It would make recruiting very difficult.
Are you sure you want to play Ohio State again ?

Jimbo

Last edited:
Carr made such great adjustments at halftime, oh wait, he made no adjustments at half! How many times did Michigan blitz to try to get at Booty? Booty had all day, Lloyd didn't have a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muhammad ALI poll from ESPN

NCAA players going into the draft.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)