Votes: 69 61.6%
  • Florida

Votes: 43 38.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
2002 Ohio State football results.

August 24 Texas Tech W 45-21 1-0 (0-0)
September 7 Kent State W 51-17 2-0 (0-0)
September 14 No. 7 Washington State W 25-7 3-0 (0-0)
September 21 at Cincinnati W 23-19 4-0 (0-0)
September 28 Indiana W 45-17 5-0 (1-0)
October 5 at Northwestern W 27-16 6-0 (2-0)
October 12 San Jose State W 50-7 7-0 (2-0)
October 19 at Wisconsin W 19-14 8-0 (3-0)
October 26 No. 10 Penn State W 13-7 9-0 (4-0)
November 2 Minnesota W 34-3 10-0 (5-0)
November 9 at Purdue W 10-6 11-0 (6-0)
November 16 at Illinois W 23-16 12-0 (7-0)
November 23 No. 11 Michigan W 14-9 13-0 (8-0)
January 3 vs No. 1 Miami (FL) W 31-24 14-0 (8-0)

I was at the Texas Tech and Wash State games. I also went to the Washington State-Nevada game in Seahawks stadium that year.

I was at every game except Cinn, NW, and Wisc :) Still have the turf from the Mich game :)

Carr made such great adjustments at halftime, oh wait, he made no adjustments at half! How many times did Michigan blitz to try to get at Booty? Booty had all day, Lloyd didn't have a clue.

Thats why they should be giving LLLLLoyd another contract extention.

Jimbo

What's the attitude towards Carr with the Michigan fans? He's won a lot of games but seems to have trouble in bowls and with Ohio State. Cooper had the same problem at Ohio State and they fired him. Just curious what the buzz is around him.

What's the attitude towards Carr with the Michigan fans? He's won a lot of games but seems to have trouble in bowls and with Ohio State. Cooper had the same problem at Ohio State and they fired him. Just curious what the buzz is around him.

I hope it's the same as when Cooper was at Ohio State, fans hated him, he lost to M every year and they kept giving him new 3 year contracts.

Lets hope this happens in Michigan too....

Jimbo

Paaallleeeeeeaaaaaaaassssseee !!!
Michigan could not keep up with a decient but not great D USC has, how would they ever keep up with Ohio State a 2nd time.
See Coach Tressel learns in every game, LLLLLoydd doesn't.
It would not even be close the 2nd time.

How dificult would it have been for Michigan to be beat twice by Ohio State , could the state handle it ?
It would make recruiting very difficult.
Are you sure you want to play Ohio State again ?

Jimbo
It is why they play the games. I am watching Monday only to see the missed PAT I am prognosticating!!!! :)

Your still crying about MICH? Did you not watch them get their ass handed to them a few days ago ?? Man OSU would of creamed them in this game as well.. It was a fluke Mich came as close as they did in their game againest OSU..

Once FLA destroys OSU tommrow will you finnaly admit they are national champs?

you know what would be a hoot.....some of you guz are assuming florida would miss a last second, win the game FG. but what if it happens to ohio state? i think i would literally laugh my ass off at that!!!

you know what would be a hoot.....some of you guz are assuming florida would miss a last second, win the game FG. but what if it happens to ohio state? i think i would literally laugh my ass off at that!!!

Ohio State kicker was terrible in the beginning of the year (FG wise) but has learned since and been pretty reliable most of the year.

Still miss Mike Nugent and Josh Huston, but the kid kicking has improved greatly.

Jimbo

How bad does florida have to beat OSU for you to reqonize them without doubt the national champs? I mean if they win by a field goal.. Its still a win.. Or what if OSU only beats florida by a field goal?

How bad does florida have to beat OSU for you to reqonize them without doubt the national champs? I mean if they win by a field goal.. Its still a win.. Or what if OSU only beats florida by a field goal?

What are you trying to say ?
If Ohio State wins, they are the champs.
If Flordia wins, they are the champs.

I don't have a problem with that.
I am just hoping for a good game.

Of course you did not say who your reply was pointed at, so if your post was not at me, I apologize.

Jimbo

BTW, has anyone heard that the turf in Glendale was pulled up and replaced a few weeks ago after the NFL was done.
So here we go with the "IF the field was ...... it would have been different, quotes....

Jimbo

Go Bucks!

Stevenl: There are several reasons why your prediction seems askew, they are: Ginn, Gonzo, Hall, Hartline, Robiskie, Nicol, White JR., and of course the all time vote leading heisman winner TROY SMITH!

Last edited:
Besides all that Florida backed into this game. If USC doesn't choke to cross town rival UCLA then we aren't even having this conversation! USC, Florida, and the team up North would all be equally qualified to play our beloved Buckeyes. You guys got the luck of the draw due to the BCS system. Congradulations! As for destroying Ohio State - uh good luck with that too! Bucks are not soft or slow by any means. Your guys will have all they want tomorrow nite!

BTW, has anyone heard that the turf in Glendale was pulled up and replaced a few weeks ago after the NFL was done.
So here we go with the "IF the field was ...... it would have been different, quotes....

Jimbo

I heard that the field was replaced but the new one was just laid over the top of the old one. I thought that It was replaced after the Fiesta Bowl. If this is the case one week is not much time for the sod to take. The only plus is that Ohio State has played on a bad field all year.

Only have to win by 1. You seem to be the only one that has a problem with Florida being the National Champs if they win. Nobody else has even mentioned anything of the sort in a very long time. Yes the Michigan - Florida debate was going on for a little bit but that has long since passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts