Who will win?

• Ohio State

Votes: 69 61.6%
  • Florida

Votes: 43 38.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jimbo, your team was in it for about 5 seconds (how did the refs miss the holding midfield on the kickoff?) , At least Michigan made to halftime before choking. I would have liked to see OSU bring a title to the BIG TEN, but being a Michigan man, I found OSU's defeat Oddly satisfying. What was Tressel thinking on that 4th and 1 at his 29?

Losing Ginn after the 1st series did not help any.
I have never seen Tressel not make adjustments during a game, but it looked like he just stayed with what was obviously NOT working.

I'm trying to figure out why they did not change to a 3 step drop and quick passes, instead of the typical 7 step drop, also Tressel going for it on 4th and 1 around his own 30 was very uncharicteristic.
He never ran any screens and draws, those are the plays that will back off an over agressive defense.

Defensivley, the Buckeyes do not play a "zone D", they are normally an attacking D, but they played zone the WHOLE game.

Very easy for Leak to throw the ball 2 yards over the line of scrimmage and hit an open reciever, when OSU never bothered to cover them.

It was a very easy game plan for Urban , if he sees OSU is not going to make any adjustments.

btw, Who let the Arizona Cardinals in the Buckeye's locker room ? (or was it the Lions)

It was definitely the LIONS. Jimbo, I saw the game the same way. This was not the team that played Michigan. Tressel and Troy both looked like deer caught in the headlights. Tressel's game plan against Michigan would have worked against Florida (3 step drops etc...). Come to think of it, Florida's game plan looked a lot like the OSU's against Michigan.

One last thing - Wasn't Ginn wearing the condom on the wrong head?

What was Tressel thinking on that 4th and 1 at his 29?
I have no idea what Tressel was thinking, this is the first time I have ever seen Tressel not make the correct adjustments. He made NO adjustments.

See my previous post , up two.
Offensively, it helps when you block someone and Defensivley it helps when you cover someone.
Like I said previously, OSU has never played a zone D, not sure why they decided to do that, but it is NOT how the D normally plays.

Jimbo

Only problem I had with Flordia, Urban Meyer (and I like him very much)
I think he has some Spurrior in him.
I thought it was classless when he went for it on a 4th and goal with a 21 point lead late in the game. Last 3-4 minutes.
If he was classy (and I thought he was , until then) he would have killed the clock.

Why do you have a problem with Meyer or Florida? Shouldn't you be upset with the OSU defense and the coaching staff?

If you don't like being scored upon, than stop it.

It was definitely the LIONS. Jimbo, I saw the game the same way. This was not the team that played Michigan. Tressel and Troy both looked like deer caught in the headlights. Tressel's game plan against Michigan would have worked against Florida (3 step drops etc...). Come to think of it, Florida's game plan looked a lot like the OSU's against Michigan.

One last thing - Wasn't Ginn wearing the condom on the wrong head?

One good thing to come out of this is:
Maybe Ginn, Gonzalas and Pittman WILL come back, to see if they can Win another championship next year.
Remember the Buckeye Defense is mostly Southmores and Freshmen.

jimbo

I tell you what, congrats to Florida. That was purely awesome. And what a complete and total embarrassment to Ohio State. It was mostly Florida but I think a great High School team could have beat Ohio State last night. They looked completely unprepared and overmatched. It was like Florida was playing a Division 3 school. Yikes.

This is why we play the games. I am still in favor of an 8 team playoff system. Regular Season is good, but champions are ones that can emerge when it counts. Florida proved it last night and the basketball NCAA tournament. I think others should be a given a shot to prove things with playoffs. We can vote all we want but its how you perform when it counts.

Great job Florida. Fantastic game plan, coaching and excecution. And yes, a Big East team could have beat Ohio State. Of course wont know because of the wacky world of College Football.

(how did the refs miss the holding midfield on the kickoff?)

I have seen the replay 20 times now and no one mentions anything about holding...
No announcer, no official, not even the Flordia players or coaches ....
I saw a potentual block in the back around the 45 yard line, but the guy held up on it.

Jimbo

Why do you have a problem with Meyer or Florida? Shouldn't you be upset with the OSU defense and the coaching staff?

If you don't like being scored upon, than stop it.

I hope Urban doesn't turn out to be like Spurrior always running up the score, thats all.
If you happen to read ANY of my previous post you would know that I like Urban very well, watched him progress from coaching at OSU on up.

Also you would have seen where I mentioned that "had OSU not been in this game, I would have been rooting for Flordia.

Jimbo

I hope Urban doesn't turn out to be like Spurrior always running up the score, thats all.
If you happen to read ANY of my previous post you would know that I like Urban very well, watched him progress from coaching at OSU on up.

Also you would have seen where I mentioned that "had OSU not been in this game, I would have been rooting for Flordia.

Jimbo

Sad part in college football is that if you don't run up the score your not a top team.

in defense of urban, all season he tried not to run the score up (except, maybe arkansas) just to gain style points.

yes, he went for it on 4th down, with the clocking ticking for zero. but i didn't see any indication, he was actually trying to score. if i missed something, i apologize!

as for the game, florida executed it to near, flawless perfection. that was the first time this season that happened. maybe, they were saving the best for last. but this is one die-hard gator fan who never thought florida would have won by 27....3, maybe!.

however, you knew it was a special night when chris hetland was 2-for-2 in his field goal attempts. during the season, he was 4 for 13!!

It looked like one team showed up to collect a trophy and the other showed up to play football, I'll let y'all guess which is which.:) I'm shocked that Ohio State didn't put up a better game, Tressel is surely experienced enough with big games to have his team ready for one like this but they were really flat. I think the 4th and one try was an attempt to light a fire under his team and it couldn't have turned out worse for them. What was worse is that it looked like they gave up around the middle of the third quarter. Florida was trying to run the clock as much as they could and it appeared that Tressel was content to let it run and didn't try to hurry up the offense at all.

Not trying to take anything away from Florida, they deserve to be number one. Well coached and good athletes. I heard some Florida players on the radio this morning describe the game as the best on they played all year. They played it when it counted the most.

I call B.S.

99 % of TOP teams do NOT do this.
I do not think that is Urban's way either, at least it hasn't been.

Jimbo

Would you of rather them just downed it at 4th and goal? or hit a field goal? I mean i think fla just gambled.. If they didnt make it then osu gets the ball on their own what 2 yard line? if florida makes it they get a td... I think florida was having fun, and they wanted to show EVERYONE who doubted them that this victory wasnt just a falsey but they earned it.. YA know if florida would of won by a field goal or 1 point their be plenty of doubt if they deserved the title.. They ran up the score now their is no doubt they are champions..

I call B.S.

99 % of TOP teams do NOT do this.
I do not think that is Urban's way either, at least it hasn't been.

Jimbo

I dont agree. The media vote on teams and they compare scores. If you do alot of squeeking by to win, they dont see you as a powerhouse and it effects your rankings. Not making this up. Only paraphrasing what I hear from folks on ESPN, CBS, ABC, and what I read. You gotta pummel teams when you can and win the big matches. You dont do that, say goodbye to that title shot or even a great bowl.

It looked like one team showed up to collect a trophy and the other showed up to play football, I'll let y'all guess which is which.:) I'm shocked that Ohio State didn't put up a better game, Tressel is surely experienced enough with big games to have his team ready for one like this but they were really flat. I think the 4th and one try was an attempt to light a fire under his team and it couldn't have turned out worse for them. What was worse is that it looked like they gave up around the middle of the third quarter. Florida was trying to run the clock as much as they could and it appeared that Tressel was content to let it run and didn't try to hurry up the offense at all.

Not trying to take anything away from Florida, they deserve to be number one. Well coached and good athletes. I heard some Florida players on the radio this morning describe the game as the best on they played all year. They played it when it counted the most.

Yes , it was very disappointing for a Tressel led team.
He never went to any offensive adjustments for some reason, never changed from the 7 step drop, most times when that type of rush is coming you go to 3 step drops with quick passes, draws and screens to break the D's momentun.

Jimbo

I dont agree. The media vote on teams and they compare scores. If you do alot of squeeking by to win, they dont see you as a powerhouse and it effects your rankings. Not making this up. Only paraphrasing what I hear from folks on ESPN, CBS, ABC, and what I read. You gotta pummel teams when you can and win the big matches. You dont do that, say goodbye to that title shot or even a great bowl.

So, if the score was 34 - 14, that wouldhave placed doubt in the media's minds , the ones that vote for the Championship ?

The media had NO say in the Championship, there is NO way the media could look at a 34-14 win and think that OSU should win it....
For that matter, if it ended up 24-14 they would not have doubted it.

Jimbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts