Who will win?

• Ohio State

Votes: 69 61.6%
  • Florida

Votes: 43 38.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least the OSU-UF matchup brings alot more smack talk here!

Florida platoons 2 quarterbacks. Why? It takes 2 QB's to hold a candle to this year's Heisman Trophy winner, Troy Smith.

Ohio State 38-14.

You almost had the score right, just in reverse order.

well i was pulling for Florida and they played a great game Congrats.... looks like a good game plan from the start

and Ohio State congrats on a great season ,

from the game i watched they had no excuses and no one gave up , but i feel the real Ohio State didn't show up. Except for that first TD run that was great and i thought the game was on.

well congrats to both teams and fans , both had great seasons

Go RaZoRbAcKs---- Alabama was last week Florida is NexT..........

I said "it's great to be a Florida Gator"!!! The Gator Nation knew this could happen, they always believe! BTW....where did all the Buckeye fans disapear to on the forum? It was great how the media and everyone else (except the Gator faithful) said the Gators had no chance.....well, be careful who you disrespect.

National Champion Florida Gators....sounds sweet!

in case anyone is remotely interested......i became a gator fan in the fall of 1965, when seeking refuge from my alcoholic father, i had a radio and dreams. ray graves was head coach and some fellow named spurrier was the qb!! it was love at first listen.

over the years, i have been taunted by gator haters who said florida would never win an SEC championship, let alone 2 national championships!!

sometimes supporting your favorite team is a lot like being in a close relationship. you suffer through the bad, pray for the best and savor victory!!!!

The SEC is without a doubt the best Football conference in the nation.

Good question...considering both had more or less the same days off...

Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
So, bigger crash landing: ND v LSU at 14-41, or OSU v UF at 14-41?

but why do these northern teams (ND, Michigan, Ohio) come to the BCS games and reek so bad?
Seem to me that OSU has played very well in the last 3 trips to the BCS games, how do you back up this statement ?

Good question...considering both had more or less the same days off...

OSU has 3 more weeks off than Flordia (20 days longer)

Na Ananan Gooo Gators Na Nanan Go Gators!!!

Now the excuses start... Before the game noone had an excuse everyone said (look at the poll in this thread) OSU would cream florida... This wasnt just a "field goal win" this was TOTAL domination on BOTH sides of the ball.

Steve,

If you look at the posts, (your quote) youwill find that I said I hope to have a good game, that's it.
Well we didn't get a good game.

Looks like I missed a good game, sorry Jimbo.

Ya , I missed a good game too.
This was not a good game from either teams perspective.

This game got away in the very beginning when OSU gave Flordia the ball on OSU's side of the field 3 straight times to start the game.

I said "it's great to be a Florida Gator"!!! The Gator Nation knew this could happen, they always believe! BTW....where did all the Buckeye fans disapear to on the forum? It was great how the media and everyone else (except the Gator faithful) said the Gators had no chance.....well, be careful who you disrespect.

National Champion Florida Gators....sounds sweet!

I was out of town for the game and had no computer.

If you look back at all of my post you will never see me saying that Flordia had no chance.

Congrats to the Florida Gators, they represented their state and the SEC well. Their defense was amazing, and I do not think Ohio State has seen a defense like that except maybe Penn State. But of course Penn State's offense is no where close to the relentless attack of Urban Meyer's spread offense.

Ohio State's offense truly looked confused and bewildered by the Florida defense blitzing scheme and various formations. Troy Smith was running for his life most of the night and he did not handle the pressure well. Holding Ohio State's offense to 82 yards and only 8 first downs is truly amazing, and it helped set up Florida offense with great field position all night.

Congrats to the Univeristy of Florida, currently the national champs in football and men's basketball.

Only problem I had with Flordia, Urban Meyer (and I like him very much)
I think he has some Spurrior in him.
I thought it was classless when he went for it on a 4th and goal with a 21 point lead late in the game. Last 3-4 minutes.
If he was classy (and I thought he was , until then) he would have killed the clock.

Ohio State's offense truly looked confused and bewildered by the Florida defense blitzing scheme and various formations. Troy Smith was running for his life most of the night and he did not handle the pressure well. Holding Ohio State's offense to 82 yards and only 8 first downs is truly amazing, and it helped set up Florida offense with great field position all night.
Losing Ginn after the 1st series did not help any.
I have never seen Tressel not make adjustments during a game, but it looked like he just stayed with what was obviously NOT working.

I'm trying to figure out why they did not change to a 3 step drop and quick passes, instead of the typical 7 step drop, also Tressel going for it on 4th and 1 around his own 30 was very uncharicteristic.
He never ran any screens and draws, those are the plays that will back off an over agressive defense.

Defensivley, the Buckeyes do not play a "zone D", they are normally an attacking D, but they played zone the WHOLE game.

Very easy for Leak to throw the ball 2 yards over the line of scrimmage and hit an open reciever, when OSU never bothered to cover them.

It was a very easy game plan for Urban , if he sees OSU is not going to make any adjustments.

btw, Who let the Arizona Cardinals in the Buckeye's locker room ? (or was it the Lions)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts