Ohio State vs Michigan: Predictions?

This game will be like any other MICHIGAN game lately. Close for the first half, and then we will be blown out. Sad but true. I have a few suggestions for whomever the new AD will be. Get on the phone immediately to Univ. Of Cincinnati, Boise St, or if it has to be a MICHIGAN man, Stanford.

I gave the guy a chance, but what's happening since the BIG 10 schedule started disturbs me deeply.

RR was THE coaching hire mistake of the 00 decade.

WVU is the only legitimate program in a joke league. It has 10 times the resource of its woeful conferencemates. It is SUPPOSED to win every game, every year. And RR could not even do that.

So Michigan looked at impressive win totals, not analyzing and understanding that not one of these conference wins means anything, and grabed this joker. Now he is in a league where most, really all, of the teams are major programs and have a legitimate shot. And his teams are doing what his WVU teams would have done had they played in the Big 10 at that time, which is losing.

What about Charlie Weis?

WVU is the only legitimate program in a joke league.

Not this year.

Sam, wake up and smell the coffee- the Big East is a VERY good conference this year.

They have Cincy, a legit title contender, a Pittsburgh team that could get a BCS spot, and West Virginia and South Florida.

IMHO, it's one of the better conferences in the country this year.

The almighty SEC is not much beyond Florida and Alabama (though Auburn has improved mightily from last year, and Ole Miss is not the welcome mat they were earlier in the decade), the Big 12 has fallen apart other than Texas and OK State, the ACC has too much mediocrity, and the Mountain West is top-heavy- other than TCU, Utah, and BYU, everyone else isn't that good.

To me, it's #3 behind the Pac 10 and Big 10 this year.

Last edited:
I'm not one for sticking up for Captain Front Butt.

He did have a good record in his first couple years and 2 BCS bowl bids, Just seems lately he can't coach his kid's high school team.

The Leastleftovers is not only lightyears behind the True Majors that make up the other BcS teams, it is constantly behind the Mountain West, and this year is inferior to the WAC as well. About equal to CUSA.

NOT ONE player on Cincinnati is there for a reason other than a True Major did not want them, and if Cincy played, say Kentucky's schedule, it would be about 4-7 now. It, like RR's WVU teams, is racking up meaningless wins against nothing teams. Last year it was Rutgers, or Loserville, or whoever. Its not difficult. It is a joke league of rejects. Go 3 blocks (but not at night, lest ye be mugged) from Cincy's rotted stadium and ask anyone the score and you will get that of the Buckeyes, Irish, Wildcats, or, in September, the Reds. No one cares.

And the proof is in RR's failure at Michigan. Success in the Leastleftovers is nothing compared to success in the True Majors.

WVU is the only legitimate program in a joke league. It has 10 times the resource of its woeful conferencemates. It is SUPPOSED to win every game, every year. And RR could not even do that.

So Michigan looked at impressive win totals, not analyzing and understanding that not one of these conference wins means anything, and grabed this joker. Now he is in a league where most, really all, of the teams are major programs and have a legitimate shot. And his teams are doing what his WVU teams would have done had they played in the Big 10 at that time, which is losing.

First, I think you're a genius! RR is the coaching debacle of the century, so far. Unfortunately, certain folks at Michigan were zealous to run Coach Carr out of town without having a plan to find a quality replacement. When they couldn't obtain the services of Les Miles (not saying he was a perfect fit), they took a gamble on RR instead of promoting an interim coach and maintaining team continuity until a suitable replacement could be located. Live and Learn..a very painful lesson!

The Leastleftovers is not only lightyears behind the True Majors that make up the other BcS teams, it is constantly behind the Mountain West, and this year is inferior to the WAC as well. About equal to CUSA.

NOT ONE player on Cincinnati is there for a reason other than a True Major did not want them, and if Cincy played, say Kentucky's schedule, it would be about 4-7 now. It, like RR's WVU teams, is racking up meaningless wins against nothing teams. Last year it was Rutgers, or Loserville, or whoever. Its not difficult. It is a joke league of rejects. Go 3 blocks (but not at night, lest ye be mugged) from Cincy's rotted stadium and ask anyone the score and you will get that of the Buckeyes, Irish, Wildcats, or, in September, the Reds. No one cares.

And the proof is in RR's failure at Michigan. Success in the Leastleftovers is nothing compared to success in the True Majors.

Sam, are you serious about the WAC being better?

The WAC? Other than Boise State, everyone else is a joke.

You're telling me that you think a conference with the likes of Idaho, Nevada, and Utah State is better than Cincy, Pittsburgh, South Florida, and West Virginia?

Or are you still having nightmares about the 2006 Sugar Bowl? You know, when the almighty SEC was beaten by your so-called "leastleftovers."

Or the 2008 Fiesta Bowl against Oklahoma.

Give it up, Sam- the Big East is a good football conference, whether you like it or not.

Thanks, but I am no "genius". Just a guy who knows college football and can appreciate the difference between the True Majors and the mid-majors. Outside of WVU, the Leastleftovers is an entertaining league. As is the Southland, the Ivy, the Wisconsin State, and two 8-man HS teams on the plains of Nebraska. Just understand the level that it is being played on. Understand that every player you see, other than WVU, on any Leastleftovers field, if he had his druthers, would be playing elsewhere. He just fell short and settled. Nothing wrong with that, I didn't get into Yale either. But just understand what it is.

WVU is a semi-southern, rural, named for a state, only game in town (sorry Marshall), land grant, no pro team in the state, big on-campus stadium, non-alumni follow it as "we", public school. It has 10 times the resources of its league-mates. And RR could not even dominate that woeful league.

The coaching hire mistake of the decade.

Sam, are you serious about the WAC being better?

The WAC? Other than Boise State, everyone else is a joke.

You're telling me that you think a conference with the likes of Idaho, Nevada, and Utah State is better than Cincy, Pittsburgh, South Florida, and West Virginia?

Or are you still having nightmares about the 2006 Sugar Bowl? You know, when the almighty SEC was beaten by your so-called "leastleftovers."

Or the 2008 Fiesta Bowl against Oklahoma.

Give it up, Sam- the Big East is a good football conference, whether you like it or not.

At least THIS year.

Wonder what they might be like next year ?

Sharp looking uni's we'll be sporting on Saturday....

IGYKIBXJYXSEDCL.20091113180008.jpg

Say Goodbye to a Tradition!

OSU vs. Michigan to get a new date next year. :(

As a person who loves tradition, this saddens me greatly. Growing up in Ohio, you could count on this time of year, when the air begins to chill, the leaves have fallen, Thanksgiving is around the corner, and OSU-Michigan will partake in The Game every year on the Saturday before Thanksgiving.

That ends this year, unfortunately. Bucknuts recently covered the mid-week pressers and this what they had to say about it, including quotes from Jim Tressel:
The Big Ten will be moving to a new schedule in 2010 which will add a bye week to the middle of the season but will push the Ohio State-Michigan game to the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Tressel does not necessarily like the move.

“I’m kind of an old timer,” Tressel said. “I’ve always thought that the Big Ten had a great advantage in the fact that their kids could go home for an extended Thanksgiving weekend. Kids work out all year round. They train and so forth and play tough schedules, and to have a chance to be with your family over Thanksgiving I’ve always felt was a real positive thing for our kids . The decision was made to move it back; I’m not sure that I was a proponent of that, but on the other hand, when they schedule the games you go play them.”
Watch out Christmas, you might be next. Whoever said December 25th was set in stone? :(

I'm not a fan of traditional games/series changing dates.

HD mentioned how tOSU/Big Blue is changing dates- from before to after Turkey Day.

Personally, some other switches dissapoint me.

Two of the traditional day-after-Thanksgiving games- LSU/Arkansas and Texas/Texas A&M- have been moved to different days.

For me, Thanksgiving and the day after used to be set in stone- Cowboys and Lions on Turkey Day, Nebraska/Colorado, LSU/Arkansas, and Texas/Texas A&M the next day.

Now, the NFL has a third Turkey Day game and only Nebraska/Colorado is still on the day after.

Also, Army/Navy will be the week after the conference title games- it'll be by itself on December 12th.