OILERS at CANUCKS HD -? tonite

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tommyboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2004
Can the poeple who have nhl center ice with dishnetwork ,comcast,or at&t u-verse let me know if thay are getting this game in HD. I know sorry a$$ directv is NOT!

too funny; you really expect to get "great" replies with a question like that? seriously; is it a HD SportsNet/Rogers exclusive or contracted with DirecTV? (dont know, I don't watch hockey)

It is on Indemand's Center Ice HD channel, not on DirecTV, no idea about Dish Network.

Rogers Sportsnet has the game

Sportsnet West has the Oilers announcers
Sportsnet Pacific has the Canucks announcers

both have their own HD feed....too bad I cant see it on Shaw (blacked out) :(

too funny; you really expect to get "great" replies with a question like that? seriously; is it a HD SportsNet/Rogers exclusive or contracted with DirecTV? (dont know, I don't watch hockey)

Maybe with questions like this directv will start showing these games that are on Rogers SportsNet in HD or next year I will cancel my directv and go with comcast Indemand's Center Ice to get them in HD.

Maybe with questions like this directv will start showing these games that are on Rogers SportsNet in HD or next year I will cancel my directv and go with comcast Indemand's Center Ice to get them in HD.

I find it hard to believe you would change providers just to get Canucks and Oilers in HD; and if you compare Directv or Dishes HD Games Listing with those of Indemand, you will see that they have two to three times as many as games in HD that Indemand has each week.

I find it hard to believe you would change providers just to get Canucks and Oilers in HD; and if you compare Directv or Dishes HD Games Listing with those of Indemand, you will see that they have two to three times as many as games in HD that Indemand has each week.

If you're a Canucks or Oilers fan its easy to understand. The only time either team has HD games available is when they are playing US teams that have an HD feed (and even that option isn't always available) or when the NHL Network picks up the HNIC feed on Saturday night (which they haven't the past few weeks).

I get CI specifically to watch Oiler games & could count on 1 hand the number of non Oiler games I watch. It sucks having to watch the Oilers on the other teams feed all the time because that is the only HD option.

If you're a Canucks or Oilers fan its easy to understand. The only time either team has HD games available is when they are playing US teams that have an HD feed (and even that option isn't always available) or when the NHL Network picks up the HNIC feed on Saturday night (which they haven't the past few weeks).

I get CI specifically to watch Oiler games & could count on 1 hand the number of non Oiler games I watch. It sucks having to watch the Oilers on the other teams feed all the time because that is the only HD option.

Yes I am a canuck fan and you are right It sucks having to watch the canucks on the other teams feed all the time because that is the only HD option

I am a Flames fan and share the same frustration. HOw can they have the HD feed of Sporstnet for Blue Jays games for Extra Innings and not for hockey? I think it was last week they had a Maple Leafs game in HD on Sportsnet and I got all excited thinking that maybe they had gotten it figured out. When I tuned in to the Flames the next night, nothing. Even the Leafs weren;t HD. Then I realized they Leafs were playing the Rangers. My thought is seeing as how MSG HD is so stingy with their HD sports coverage, they were trying to appease NY sports fans. What ticks me off even more is how poorly the SD feed of the Candian games is. It looks horrible!!! Especially if it's on Flames PPV or CBC. There is no excuse for that IMO. The worst of the worst though is if a Canadiens game is on the RDS feed.

Not on DISH CI in HD either

Can the poeple who have nhl center ice with dishnetwork ,comcast,or at&t u-verse let me know if thay are getting this game in HD. I know sorry a$$ directv is NOT!

It wasn't on DISH either. Has been the case as well for Chicago games, that were on DISH on the CSN Chicago feed. I agree with the other poster that the Canadian SD feeds are very fuzzy. Not too happy with Center Ice so far... :rant: :rant: :rant::

What ticks me off even more is how poorly the SD feed of the Candian games is. It looks horrible!!! Especially if it's on Flames PPV or CBC. There is no excuse for that IMO. The worst of the worst though is if a Canadiens game is on the RDS feed.

Sportsnet along with Oiler/Flame PPV feeds are the worst SD feeds imaginable.

Status
Please reply by conversation.