OK, DirecTV, where are my Sig. viewed channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hancox

Pub Member / UConnaholic
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 23, 2003
Monroe, CT
E* is now starting to throw up alternate market locals in certain markets. Assuming that mine are coming soon - WHERE ARE YOU, D*? :)

Welcome to SatelliteGuys! P* stands for the old and now defunct Primestar. Also for future reference all these terms are located in the glossary which can be found toward the top of ever page...

hancox said:
E* is now starting to throw up alternate market locals in certain markets. Assuming that mine are coming soon - WHERE ARE YOU, D*? :)

I live in one of the zip codes between DC and Baltimore and would qualify for SV channels on E*. This is D*'s response to my inquiry:

"We are working hard to get our systems ready to deliver neighboring local channels and to determine what markets will be receiving new channels, but it may take some time. Although there’s no set timetable right now, it’s possible that we'll be ready in some cities later this year. More information will be available on DIRECTV.com as it is announced. We appreciate your patience."

I'll take that to mean at least 2 months. Does anyone know if this would move me up the DMA list? I'm currently 22nd in Baltimore, but DC is like 8th, and I live smack-dab between the two.

Nope. In terms of DMA's and switchouts, your DMA is your DMA. The neighboring markets issue is seperate.

Also - they've been giving that answer for a while now, so your 2 months guestimate might be a bit retroactive. :)

Bigpro, I'm in the same boat. When I got D* 4yrs ago I got the Balt. locals but was used to, and wanted to keep the DC locals. I'm getting the DC locals now OTA with the HD Tivo. I'm in Savage, north of Laurel in Howard Co.--Ray

Bumping because I'm pissed I just had to order ESPN Full Court to get UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT games on TV, when I live in CONNECTICUT. :)

hancox said:
Bumping because I'm pissed I just had to order ESPN Full Court to get UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT games on TV, when I live in CONNECTICUT. :)

Could always "Move" to New Haven or something, I "MOVED" to shelton , and get the NYC locals via Directv and the CT via off-air.

Well, if I could get CT OTA, I'd be all set. :)

I actually do get a servicable analog signal for WTXX, but my WTIC analog and both on -DT are useless. Combine the fact that I couldn't tivo the analog signal (no analog tuner in the HD Tivo) plus the fact I'd only get about 1/2 of the games anyway - not much of a point.

Plus - if I "move" to New Haven county, I would lose CBS and FOX HD (I get WTNH-DT fine, and WVIT-DT is O&O). This is NOT an option during football season. :)

Hancox, I am pumping out my Tivo on a website. I turned off the changing channels but may put that feature back on. Either way, you can watch my subscribed Directv channels including Hartford Locals. The key is, with high speed internet and a computer, you can watch full streaming TV from my house any where in the world. I can set you up with the link and password if interested.

HA! Brewer4 - thanks for the offer, but FC being $99, I think it's a pretty reasonable.

If I sound frustrated, it's only because this whole issue has been a long-standing pet peeve of mine, ever since I dropped cable. It's blantantly anti-consumer, and since we're now on the cusp of it, it's even more frustrating.

What makes it even worse is that only WTXX and WTNH are listed as sig. viewed in Fairfield County, so I wouldn't end up much better, as it is (for basketball, anyway). WTIC would be a no-go.

Thanks again...

hancox said:
HA! Brewer4 - thanks for the offer, but FC being $99, I think it's a pretty reasonable.

If I sound frustrated, it's only because this whole issue has been a long-standing pet peeve of mine, ever since I dropped cable. It's blantantly anti-consumer, and since we're now on the cusp of it, it's even more frustrating.

What makes it even worse is that only WTXX and WTNH are listed as sig. viewed in Fairfield County, so I wouldn't end up much better, as it is (for basketball, anyway). WTIC would be a no-go.

Thanks again...

No problem. Fellow nutmegers need to look out for each other. Let me know if you ever get stuck. When I travel I needed ability to watch games on the road thats why I set it up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)