Ok Guys!

n1wbd said:
SSTV is still done the same way as you remember it. No motion. Just newer and easier ways of doing it.
There are plenty of amateur satellites in orbit ck out AMSAT - The Radio Amateur Satellite Corporation

Talk about easier ways... I soon learned that setting up that camera was really hard so I figured out how to record my SSTV audio on a 8 track cartridge. Then I had several carts with canned shots of me, my station, antenna farm etc. I just swapped the 8 track carts. They were all longer than needed so I had to take them apart and trim the tape length as needed. Those were the days!

You really should consider getting back into the hobby. Your missing alot of good stuff all the various digital modes including CW send and receive via computer. Now there's digital SSTV with a program called SSTV-PAL.

Oh BTW not to mention Digital Voice on 20m.

Thanks for the forum, Scott!

Friends of mine in our County work with the local CERT team and are "ham" radio operators. They've been bugging me to take my test. I keep telling 'em, (since its an all day thing)......if they'd serve breakfast with the testing day, it could be marketed as "Ham and EGGS."......they're considering it........might be a good way to bring more people to the testing table.
I know my friends will be glad to see this forum go public, and thanks again for adding it. I plan to learn much here on this part of the site! Will likely join the ranks of the Ham Radio licensees soon.

I have been a Ham for 52 years I am active on 40 Meter CW and Sideband. Also active on 2 Meters and 440. I also work a lot of the FM satellites I have over a 100 contacts on FM satellites. I have a Uniden BCD 396T scanner and I listen to shortwave, I love FTA for the reception of TV signals and travel down to Barnegat bay to capture the Atlantic Birds when the weather is good and warm.

Scott thank you for the forum, I promise to be an active member.

de mikelib/WA2ACV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)