Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Ok guys, you asked for it so here it is!

A place to talk about Ham Radio and Police Scanner technology! :)

I am placing it in the pub for a few days so that you can start filling it up and will move it to the public area on New Years Day.

Enjoy and THANK YOU!

Hey, a new forum! It's not one of my big interests, but I'll throw a post in here anyway to up my count! Post whoring is still okay in the pub, yes? :eek: :D

First off thanks Scott for the new forum!!! I'm sure we can fill it up with good stuff.

I think I'll start with mycall is N1WBD Name is Bob qth: Grafton,NH
Currently in the shack we run a Icom IC-751 and MFJ 969 Antenna Tuner into a 140' Cobra Multiband Antenna center fed with 450 ladderline.

On 2 meters I run a a Kenwood TM 271A and TE systems 1412G 200watt Amp and a Ringo ARX2B antenna.
I'm a ragchewer I can be found daily on 3864khz LSB at 3pm ET +or- QRM great bunch from all over New England,NY,NJ and PA.

I also operate PSK31,SSTV,MFSK16,RTTY,CW

Here's my favorite Ham Radio Site As the World Turns amateur radio's only daily R rated Newsletter.
http://www.myrockport.com/world.htm

Ok guys, you asked for it so here it is!

A place to talk about Ham Radio and Police Scanner technology! :)

I am placing it in the pub for a few days so that you can start filling it up and will move it to the public area on New Years Day.

Enjoy and THANK YOU!

Last edited:
Thanks Scott! Great addition to the Forums. Have been licensed since 1956. Was real active on VHF digital in the 90's and ran a local TCPIP bulletin board. K0HYD in Goddard, KS

Thanks Scott! Great addition to the Forums. Have been licensed since 1956. Was real active on VHF digital in the 90's and ran a local TCPIP bulletin board. K0HYD in Goddard, KS

Hi Dale, I remember those days sad to say packet radio is pretty much gone except for APRS. Are you active at all now?
I've been licensed since 1985. I see 10M was open a little to GA and NC tonite.
Bob

Bob- I see you listed SSTV as one of your modes. I was a pioneer in SSTV back in 1970. I built my monitor around a WWII P7 phosphor RADAR tube. I built my SSTV camera from a surplus CCTV B&W camera with a 1" vidicon and then built a scan converter for SSTV output. My young wife was so fascinated at the time she became my on camera talent and I just ran the equipment in the background. WE had a SSTV buddy down in Rio we would use on 15 Meters. She was fascinated with Ham radio and SSTV but never made the effort to get licensed.

Amazing how far with come nowadays, today all ya need is your desktop soundcard some free software and a interface for your rig oh and a webcam and your on SSTV. Rig-computer interface can be had for as little as $40.

Amazing how far with come nowadays, today all ya need is your desktop soundcard some free software and a interface for your rig oh and a webcam and your on SSTV. Rig-computer interface can be had for as little as $40.

Is it single images sent over several seconds or have you figured out how to do motion on SSTV yet? I think I'd like to learn how all the stuff we pioneered has developed over the years.

I also did some moon bounce and worked with a friend who was into using a repeater on a ham satellite also. Is there still an amateur radio satellite repeater in orbit? Now there's something I think goaliebob would love to play with. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts