Ok I'm Getting Ready to Change My Service Address

Is there a distance issue with LA?
I am about to "move" from Vegas to LA.
I can't stand non HD locals any longer and OTA only gets CBS.

You'll be able to get the "Big 4" and KTLA. All others are on a spotbeam that only comes in about 4 hours a day.

1. If "moving" and your billing address is the same- why do you need to go with paperless billing? Doesn't make much sense to me as your billing address is the same as now.
2. Currently I have "distants"- east and west coast plus CBS HD East off 61.5. Do you lose your SD distants if you "move" and are able to get HD LILs?

Thanks in advance, Gerry

Now that it appears that DNS is going to be shutoff on 12/1, question 2 may be a mute point but does anyone know the answer to that and also question number one. Would appreciate it. Thanks, Gerry

Link to info

Now that it appears that DNS is going to be shutoff on 12/1, question 2 may be a mute point but does anyone know the answer to that and also question number one. Would appreciate it. Thanks, Gerry

Could you supply a link to the statement that DNS is going to be shut off 12/1?

I recently "moved" and was wondering if it is necessary to unplug the phone line from the receiver? My wife and I both like caller ID on the TV screen, and I'd rather not pay the monthly fee for not having a phone line connected.

If it is required to unplug the phone line, then I guess that is the price to pay for getting HD networks. Just thought I'd ask.

Thanks

get yo-self some... VOIP ;)

I recently "moved" and was wondering if it is necessary to unplug the phone line from the receiver? My wife and I both like caller ID on the TV screen, and I'd rather not pay the monthly fee for not having a phone line connected.

If it is required to unplug the phone line, then I guess that is the price to pay for getting HD networks. Just thought I'd ask.

Thanks

Thanks

I have SunRocket and it allows you to have 2 phone numbers, so I was able to keep my old numbers (I used to live in Northern California) and also have a number in the area code that I live in (San Diego). They let us choose the area codes we wanted for our numbers, so you could keep your current phone number as your secondary number and make your primary a number in whatever area code you have "moved" to.

Whenever someone calls your current number, it will ring at your home just like it does now. Voicemail messages will be e-mailed to you so you can catch up with messages easily when you are traveling. VoIP is a wonderful thing...

By the way, I'd check the deals for SunRocket as they periodically give a 2 years for the price of 1 deal. That comes out to $199 for the 2 years, which includes unlimited local and (USA) long distance, plus 1 international call per month.

When you moved , you should tell Dish the phone number will stay the same as it was and then you can plug your phone line .

The CSR didn't ask me about the phone number, and I didn't say anything. Should it be ok for me to plug it back in?

Thanks

Why don't you look at your dish account at www.dishnetwork.com . You can then look at your customer information and see what they have down for your service address and your phone address. If you aren't registered you can do so and it will bring up what they have for you on all the above. But did you already tell them what your phone number was origionally? IF you did and the csr didn't ask you for the new number when you "moved" , you should be alright. But I would still look at your online information to make sure .

You can also call them back and enter your phone number when they ask and ask for you latest bill. The computer will then read you what you owe and if it does then you are good to go. Your phone number is what Dish goes by for each account. IF it connects you by the phone number you are alright.

Mike,

I logged into my account on Dish Network and they have my "new address" listed, along with my correct phone number.

I was just worried that my Area Code doesn't match the city that I "live" in. I didn't know if they do audits or something and that is dead givaway of someone that has "moved."

I am probably paranoid, but I don't want to get caught. Not sure what would happen.

Question. I'm new to this "moving" stuff and I have read this thread with great interest. My Dish setup already points to satellites 61.5, 110 and 119. If I "moved" to say Maryland( where my brother lives ) would I be able to receive the Washington DC locals ?

Mike,

I logged into my account on Dish Network and they have my "new address" listed, along with my correct phone number.

I was just worried that my Area Code doesn't match the city that I "live" in. I didn't know if they do audits or something and that is dead givaway of someone that has "moved."

I am probably paranoid, but I don't want to get caught. Not sure what would happen.

I don't think it matters to Dish what your phone number is as long as you plug your receiver into the phone that is listed on your account. I have done this on my account. Relax it is no big deal , just enjoy your new locals.

How far can you be from an area and still receive there signal ? I live in Wellsboro,PA 16901. The closest locals they list are in Philadelphia, PA. (about 200 miles South East of me) Would I be able to get the Philadelphia locals if I "Moved" there ?

I guess if your handled your business honestly and above board you wouldn't have to be paranoid or worry.:confused:

Let's see what could happen: The could terminate your account, charge you an early cancelation fee, and create some additional fees to punish you. But then you would probably start a thread saying that Dish is unfair and you really did nothing wrong and shouldn't have to pay any fees, yada, yada, yada.

But don't worry this is America. Now you can probably blame your parents, your upbringing, your school teachers, your diet or anyone or anything that has nothing to do with you making a conscious decision to be dishonest, and get any with it. ;)

I guess if your handled your business honestly and above board you wouldn't have to be paranoid or worry.:confused:

Let's see what could happen: The could terminate your account, charge you an early cancelation fee, and create some additional fees to punish you. But then you would probably start a thread saying that Dish is unfair and you really did nothing wrong and shouldn't have to pay any fees, yada, yada, yada.

But don't worry this is America. Now you can probably blame your parents, your upbringing, your school teachers, your diet or anyone or anything that has nothing to do with you making a conscious decision to be dishonest, and get any with it. ;)

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought this thread was titled "Ok I'm getting ready to change my service address."

I must have mistakenly posted in the 'Let's debate the morality and ethics of "moving"' thread.

No wait a second, this is the right thread! Mods, can you please move cariera's soapbox to the appropriate thread? Maybe we can hear your take on other topics too, such as removing mattress tags from mattresses (also against the rules.)

No time to read now, though. "Lost" is coming on in High Definition :D