OK...let's hear it......HEAT vs MAVERICKS..!!

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
I will take the Heat in 7. The X-Factor just like the Heat/Pistons series: Pat Reilly.
He will come up game plan and will prepare the Heat a little better than Avery Johnson. Neither Miami will have an answer for Dirk nor Dallas will have one for Shaq. So it should be good.

Nope, it will be Dallas in either 5 or 6.

Dirk with Stackhouse, Howard, and Terry can't be beat.

This is probably the closest-looking series that I have seen in a while. I am rooting for Dallas a little bit because I know they haven't had this kind of success in a LONG time, but Miami has the human highlight reel in Dwyane Wade. I'm gonna have to go with the Heat, as long as the flu doesn't get worse for Wade and he and Shaq are on their game.

This will be a good series, at least on paper, which of course means ratings will be in the toilet...Stupid neilson ratings. When will be find a more accurate system? It's 2006 for christ's sake...

Neutron said:
Nope, it will be Dallas in either 5 or 6.

Dirk with Stackhouse, Howard, and Terry can't be beat.

The experts said the exact same thing about the Heat vs the Detroit all-star 5. AND we see what happened there.

Purogamer said:
This will be a good series, at least on paper, which of course means ratings will be in the toilet...Stupid neilson ratings. When will be find a more accurate system? It's 2006 for christ's sake...

Yeah...you would think they would have something better by now. I doubt someone in Utah would be watching this series....IF I LIVED in Utah, I sure as hell wouldn't.

Well you sure weren't watching the Jazz this year either...Wonder if Carlos Boozer is on suicide watch at this point. Left lebron for the money and now he's toiling in misery out there...

Walter L. said:
Dallas in 6 games. Shaq wouldn't be able to keep up with the tempo of the game. He will either get injured or simply get tired.

And you don't think Miami can dictate the tempo? AND seeing that Detroit had more defense than Dallas ever dream of, what makes you think they can slow Miami down? Oh, let's say it's game 7, who would YOU rather have as coach to prepare you? Reilly or Johnson?

salsadancer7 said:
And you don't think Miami can dictate the tempo? AND seeing that Detroit had more defense than Dallas ever dream of, what makes you think they can slow Miami down? Oh, let's say it's game 7, who would YOU rather have as coach to prepare you? Reilly or Johnson?
Actually, I don't think that the Mavs will try slow down the game. Most likely they will try to speed it up to wear down Shaq. Anyway, we'll know the answer to all those question soon. In the meantime relax and enjoy the series.

Dallas. Cuban uses his immense wealth to flood the Heat players with hookers the night before each game. The heat will be exhausted. JK

I'm rootin fer Dallas just because of Cuban.

Digital Dude said:
Dallas. Cuban uses his immense wealth to flood the Heat players with hookers the night before each game. The heat will be exhausted. JK

I'm rootin fer Dallas just because of Cuban.

We have a much better nightlife and hookers on South Beach!! LOL:haha
Infact, it would be a shame and you would be taking a step DOWN if you preferred Dallas hookers and nightlife.......:rolleyes:

I think Dallas has an edge in this series. First, one of the biggest factors that doomed Detroit is that they were a jump shooting team. They scored the least number of points in the paint of any team this season. I think that was incredibly important that Detroit's offense was based on jump shots because of two reasons; first, this took pressure away from Miami's lousy perimeter defenders, and second is that none of the players drove the ball at Shaq so that they can draw fouls on him. Detroit also did a lousy job executing pick and rolls against Shaq. Dallas is one of the best pick and roll teams in the league, and they also have alot of quick scorers that will go right past the lousy defenders (like Jason Williams, and Gary EZPASS Payton, and Dwayne Wade is an average defensive player too). This will put pressure on the Miami's frontcourt rotations and will probably cause Shaq to pick up some cheap fouls.
On the other end, Dallas will go with the headed stiffs, Diop and Erica Dampier to go against Shaq. I dont know how effective they can be, since Tim Duncan just totally embarrased them both, earlier in the playoffs. What they should do, is look at the tape of how Jason Collins defended Shaq. Shaq was totally ineffective against Collins, who graduated with honors from the Vlade Divac's school of flopping! The point is they should be flopping like crazy because it flat out works! Finally, against Wade, they wont be able to cover him, but Detroit did have some sucess in some of their games by driving him to the sideline and trapping him with a double team, cause him to throw some bad passes. Finally, i would not be surprised if Avery goes small and plays Dirk at Center and push the ball more, and up the tempo. I think Chicago laid out the blueprint on how to beat Miami, they just didnt have enough good players (up front especially) to beat them. Dallas does, and I think they can beat Miami.

Yeah really, The Dallas Cowboy cheerleader specials have been replaced by Dolphin and Buccaneer cheerleader specials. Florida has the hotness...

But shaq has about 34 kids, he won't be affected by a hooker. Maybe hire some guys to chase little kids around the arena, that will distract Sheriff O'Neal for sure...

BTW, Shaq has lost a step but he's not dead. The reports of shaq's demise are a little pre-mature. He's still better than most "centers" in the league...

Cavs in a sweep...No really, flip murray's going to be sweeping the Q Arena next season when he can't find a job anywhere. He'll be Dajuan wagner's apprentice...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts