OK...let's hear it......HEAT vs MAVERICKS..!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
vurbano said:

Yeah VURB....where are the naysayers.....they just played an interview the Dan Patrick had on the main sports radio station....get this....after the Heat won game 3 after the BIG COLLAPSE, that he doubted the Heat WOULD WIN ANOTHER GAME!! LOL

Amazes me how sports reporters, who have NEVER played NOTHING but pickup games can think they know so much ....they really don't know sh*t...!!

Wait a second, i'm the ONLY person who said "heat" and "6" in this thread, how am I not the winner?!?

Wade is not better than lebron or kobe, he just looks like it because he's a one man show. After lebron goes off, he gets the same "he's MJ's clone..." talk. Wade is good but he's not great yet, even with a ring.

Get lebron someone else to play with besides that goofy white guy in the lane and he'll get a ring too...

Purogamer said:
Wait a second, i'm the ONLY person who said "heat" and "6" in this thread, how am I not the winner?!?

Wade is not better than lebron or kobe, he just looks like it because he's a one man show. After lebron goes off, he gets the same "he's MJ's clone..." talk. Wade is good but he's not great yet, even with a ring.

Get lebron someone else to play with besides that goofy white guy in the lane and he'll get a ring too...

Dude...your nuts....the only one close is Lebron....Kobe does not make ANYONE better....just himself

What a GREAT article; IMHO

By Jason Whitlock
Special to Page 2

Mark Cuban reminds me of Ron Artest.

You fall in love with his passion, energy and versatility, but you realize his mental instability very well could wreck your entire organization.

As commissioner David Stern contemplates how to deal with the "Cuban Whistle Crisis," a predicament that could totally undermine the public perception progress the NBA enjoyed this season, the commish would be wise to consult his Artest playbook.

Cuban, the billionaire owner of the Dallas Whinericks, won't be fined into sanity. Bitching about officiating and paying a couple of million dollars a year for that right is nothing more than a simple, tax-deductible business expense for the league's best blogger.

Nope. It's going to take a prolonged, arena-banning suspension to end the "Cuban Whistle Crisis," a nickname coined by Washington Post columnist Mike Wise.

Stern should begin with a symbolic 13-day suspension of Cuban to start the 2006-07 season, then go with a season-long ban if Cuban acts up again.

Cuban's behavior and the conduct of Dallas coach Avery Johnson and superstar Dirk Nowitzki during the just-completed NBA Finals warrant far more drastic action than the $250,000 fine Stern leveled on Cuban before Game 6.

Not only did the "Cuban Whistle Crisis" overshadow the unveiling of Dwyane Wade as the league's most embraceable megastar since Jordan, but its fallout foreshadows a potential Artest-like eruption in the stands. Maybe you missed the American Airlines Center public-address announcer admonishing Mavericks fans not to throw objects on the court. Maybe you turned off your TV before witnessing Mavericks fans drown out with boos Stern's championship trophy presentation to the Heat. Cuban, Johnson, Nowitzki and the co-signing Dallas media turned Game 6 into a Rodney King-verdict powder keg. Mavs fans were convinced they had irrefutable video evidence of officiating crimes of the highest order. The paranoia of Dallas' out-of-control owner caused the normally classy and high-road-driving Johnson to lose his composure and melt into a world-class crybaby. Johnson's crying gave Nowitzki the out he needed to avoid eye contact with a mirror and instead kick chairs and exercise bikes rather than fourth-quarter ass.

You think Cuban's antics haven't planted the seeds of discontent that could blossom into a nutty Mavs fan going after a referee or sparking an in-arena melee?

Artest didn't hop into the stands without warning. When you heard that an NBA player ran into the stands and set off a riot, you were not surprised at all when you learned it was Ron Artest. You never suspected Tim Duncan, Steve Nash, Shaq, Reggie Miller, Rip Hamilton or Kevin Garnett. The list of candidates was very short, and Artest was always the No. 1 suspect.

If an NBA ref gets attacked on the court or hit with an object, you won't be surprised when the story has a Dallas dateline. Cuban has created the environment. His complaints about officiating have some merit. There's a kernel of truth in every extremist's argument. A planted bloody glove might win an acquittal, but it doesn't clear a conscience. The fact that NBA refs are inconsistent doesn't justify the "Cuban Whistle Crisis." Stern isn't out to get Cuban. Stern is nowhere near that small or stupid. Cuban, the Mavericks and Nowitzki are three of the best things to happen to Stern's league in the past five years.

It would've been far better for the league had Nowitzki -- one of Stern's white, foreign imports -- won the title and shown the kind of heart and determination Wade displayed. Stern didn't want Nowitzki to choke at the free-throw line, dish to Erick Dampier in the clutch and refuse to drive anywhere near Shaq and the lane in the final minutes. Had Nowitzki gone to the hole as relentlessly as Wade, he would've received the same bogus calls as Wade. Refs can't help rewarding superstars for being aggressive. Beyond the "Cuban Whistle Crisis," Stern must crack down on Cuban because he's sabotaging the message about professionalism the league has been preaching to its players. You think Allen Iverson isn't sitting at home taking notes on Cuban thugged-out in his Mavs jersey sitting behind the bench and acting a fool? Cuban is as big an NBA star as all but a handful of players. He represents the league. But he can dress how he wants, drop F-bombs on refs, taunt fans, charge onto the court and question the integrity of the league pretty much without fear of significant reprisal. Meanwhile, Iverson needs to wear a sport coat on the bench and report to work on time on fan appreciation night. If you had to guess, what do you think Allen and his homies have to say about this bit of hypocrisy? Just take a guess. It's time for Stern to censure Cuban and back it with a suspension -- a ban from arenas. A ban during the Finals would've been a mistake. Cuban would've been viewed as a martyr.

charper1 said:
By Jason Whitlock
Special to Page 2

Mark Cuban reminds me of Ron Artest.

You fall in love with his passion, energy and versatility, but you realize his mental instability very well could wreck your entire organization.

As commissioner David Stern contemplates how to deal with the "Cuban Whistle Crisis," a predicament that could totally undermine the public perception progress the NBA enjoyed this season, the commish would be wise to consult his Artest playbook.

Cuban, the billionaire owner of the Dallas Whinericks, won't be fined into sanity. Bitching about officiating and paying a couple of million dollars a year for that right is nothing more than a simple, tax-deductible business expense for the league's best blogger.

Nope. It's going to take a prolonged, arena-banning suspension to end the "Cuban Whistle Crisis," a nickname coined by Washington Post columnist Mike Wise.

Stern should begin with a symbolic 13-day suspension of Cuban to start the 2006-07 season, then go with a season-long ban if Cuban acts up again.

Cuban's behavior and the conduct of Dallas coach Avery Johnson and superstar Dirk Nowitzki during the just-completed NBA Finals warrant far more drastic action than the $250,000 fine Stern leveled on Cuban before Game 6.

Not only did the "Cuban Whistle Crisis" overshadow the unveiling of Dwyane Wade as the league's most embraceable megastar since Jordan, but its fallout foreshadows a potential Artest-like eruption in the stands. Maybe you missed the American Airlines Center public-address announcer admonishing Mavericks fans not to throw objects on the court. Maybe you turned off your TV before witnessing Mavericks fans drown out with boos Stern's championship trophy presentation to the Heat. Cuban, Johnson, Nowitzki and the co-signing Dallas media turned Game 6 into a Rodney King-verdict powder keg. Mavs fans were convinced they had irrefutable video evidence of officiating crimes of the highest order. The paranoia of Dallas' out-of-control owner caused the normally classy and high-road-driving Johnson to lose his composure and melt into a world-class crybaby. Johnson's crying gave Nowitzki the out he needed to avoid eye contact with a mirror and instead kick chairs and exercise bikes rather than fourth-quarter ass.

You think Cuban's antics haven't planted the seeds of discontent that could blossom into a nutty Mavs fan going after a referee or sparking an in-arena melee?

Artest didn't hop into the stands without warning. When you heard that an NBA player ran into the stands and set off a riot, you were not surprised at all when you learned it was Ron Artest. You never suspected Tim Duncan, Steve Nash, Shaq, Reggie Miller, Rip Hamilton or Kevin Garnett. The list of candidates was very short, and Artest was always the No. 1 suspect.

If an NBA ref gets attacked on the court or hit with an object, you won't be surprised when the story has a Dallas dateline. Cuban has created the environment. His complaints about officiating have some merit. There's a kernel of truth in every extremist's argument. A planted bloody glove might win an acquittal, but it doesn't clear a conscience. The fact that NBA refs are inconsistent doesn't justify the "Cuban Whistle Crisis." Stern isn't out to get Cuban. Stern is nowhere near that small or stupid. Cuban, the Mavericks and Nowitzki are three of the best things to happen to Stern's league in the past five years.

It would've been far better for the league had Nowitzki -- one of Stern's white, foreign imports -- won the title and shown the kind of heart and determination Wade displayed. Stern didn't want Nowitzki to choke at the free-throw line, dish to Erick Dampier in the clutch and refuse to drive anywhere near Shaq and the lane in the final minutes. Had Nowitzki gone to the hole as relentlessly as Wade, he would've received the same bogus calls as Wade. Refs can't help rewarding superstars for being aggressive. Beyond the "Cuban Whistle Crisis," Stern must crack down on Cuban because he's sabotaging the message about professionalism the league has been preaching to its players. You think Allen Iverson isn't sitting at home taking notes on Cuban thugged-out in his Mavs jersey sitting behind the bench and acting a fool? Cuban is as big an NBA star as all but a handful of players. He represents the league. But he can dress how he wants, drop F-bombs on refs, taunt fans, charge onto the court and question the integrity of the league pretty much without fear of significant reprisal. Meanwhile, Iverson needs to wear a sport coat on the bench and report to work on time on fan appreciation night. If you had to guess, what do you think Allen and his homies have to say about this bit of hypocrisy? Just take a guess. It's time for Stern to censure Cuban and back it with a suspension -- a ban from arenas. A ban during the Finals would've been a mistake. Cuban would've been viewed as a martyr.

I use to like Mark Cuban ....but lost alot of respect with all his whiny and crying..

I still like him and wish there were 20 more just like him in all the variuos sports, but he just lost control in the heat of the moment and I can see past that.

I'll say it again, there are plenty of fans who wish they had an owner like Mark Cuban instead of the ones they've got now. Knicks fans come to mind off the top of my head...

A few Relevant pics from the Heat Victory Parade

Note: Heat cheerleaders are HOT, but these camera people seem to not care. They actually are focusing on the players for some reason...Like we've never seen Shaq before...

BTW, shaq just caused a mini-riot when he got out of his flatbad truck and started walking down the street. Weird thing was that he took his HOT wife with him. He eventually got mobbed and had to be rescued by police. You'd think someone who's a cop would know better than that...

Attachments

• Image6072.jpg
    Image6072.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 121
  • Image6069.jpg
    Image6069.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 113
  • Image6068.jpg
    Image6068.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 110
  • Image6066.jpg
    Image6066.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 112
  • Image6074.jpg
    Image6074.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 109
  • Image6071.jpg
    Image6071.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 103
  • Image6075.jpg
    Image6075.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 88
  • Image6076.jpg
    Image6076.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Purogamer said:
A few Relevant pics from the Heat Victory Parade

Note: Heat cheerleaders are HOT, but these camera people seem to not care. They actually are focusing on the players for some reason...Like we've never seen Shaq before...

BTW, shaq just caused a mini-riot when he got out of his flatbad truck and started walking down the street. Weird thing was that he took his HOT wife with him. He eventually got mobbed and had to be rescued by police. You'd think someone who's a cop would know better than that...

Dude....it is CRAZY here....I work approx. 1000 feet from the American Airlines Arena and it crazy.....I would say approx. 250,000 out here...and it's Africa hot....damn...there must be alot of people that 'called in sick' ....LOL

Yes, I fly in there at least once every fall, stay a few days and then drive up to see my family in West Palm. Every now and then I fly into FLL when I do not have the extra time to party in South Beach.

Oh trust me I do when I have time. We like to go to The Capital Grille, Escopazzo or Las Culebrinas when in Miami. I also take in some off shore fishing in Biscayne Bay or down in Marathon. We like Echo when we are in West Palm, but by then we are just sipping bourbon by the water with family and having a beach seafood roast.

We haven't gone on one since we have had the 4th child, but we used to do the 2 or 3 day trips/fishing/excursions from Miami to the Bahamas. What other exciting options can you give me? I would love to try/add them next time out. We love sightseeing (not in tours), adventure, food, etc.

Purogamer said:
What the hell, you can't make a prediction after Game 1 is started, let alone after game 3...

BTW, I'm picking the White Sox to sweep the Astros, hope it's not too late...

Sorry... I didn't see your stipulations with the question! :) (Just joking man... settle down).

salsadancer7 said:
Joe is a disgruntled Pistons fan...they did a survey on ESPN on who would win the series and the ONLY 2 states that picked Dallas was Texas....for obvious reasons, and Michigan....AGAIN, for obvious reasons.....LOL

Heck yes, I am a disgruntled Pistons Fan! I knew that if Larry Brown left, Rasheed would not be as in control as he was last year or the year before. Rasheed was not a part of the team in the Miami series. He spent most of his time complaining to the refs, and not huddling with the rest of the team in the time outs. That is the only reason I am disgruntled. I have never been a Rasheed fan, and never will. Joe Dumars did not even want Rasheed, but Larry Brown basically told him if he didn't take him that he would walk.

Purogamer said:

I have to say Wade is the Best Player in the league right now Period. He is way more consistent and complete than anyone else.

Lebron, or Kobe do not have the Field goal percentage Wade does, do not have the turn over to assist ratio Wade does, do not go to the foul line as much as Wade, and do not have as many assists as Wade.

If you are figuring based on total Points, than yeah, take Kobe or Lebron. But for the more bang for the buck, take Wade.

If we're talking playoffs, then Wade has the exact same FG % as Kobe actually. Better at FT % though...

If we're talking regular season, wade's FG% is a smidge better than lebron and about 5% higher than kobe. FT % is better too, but Wade's 3pt % is pretty bad which is what balances it out. If he'd stop firing up 3pt shots he'd have a much better FG %...

Purogamer said:
If we're talking playoffs, then Wade has the exact same FG % as Kobe actually. Better at FT % though...

If we're talking regular season, wade's FG% is a smidge better than lebron and about 5% higher than kobe. FT % is better too, but Wade's 3pt % is pretty bad which is what balances it out. If he'd stop firing up 3pt shots he'd have a much better FG %...

There is no balance here...Kobe...and mind you I WILL admit that I do not like him, is a self-centered blackhole that does NOT by no way of the imagination makes ANYONE better on his team....Lebron and Dwayne are THE guys in this league now...period.

joedekock said:
Heck yes, I am a disgruntled Pistons Fan! I knew that if Larry Brown left, Rasheed would not be as in control as he was last year or the year before. Rasheed was not a part of the team in the Miami series. He spent most of his time complaining to the refs, and not huddling with the rest of the team in the time outs. That is the only reason I am disgruntled. I have never been a Rasheed fan, and never will. Joe Dumars did not even want Rasheed, but Larry Brown basically told him if he didn't take him that he would walk.

Larry brown has a history of demanding players and once thyey don't work out for him, he splits or puts the ownership in a bad spot.....at the same token, if he was the Pistons coach, they might have won that series againts Miami....and then remember that last year...Reilly was NOT on the Heat bench....

...Alot of shoulda, coulda, woulda.....and you know the old say..."and if my aunts had balls...theyd be my uncles!"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts