Ok... Now they Have Me Pissed! (Dish Audit Police)

I don't blame you one bit. If I was ever audited and they treated me like that I would cancel right after the audit. There is one thing you could do to help the next guy, when you are transferred to the retention department, tell them the reason you are cancelling is because their audit team treats their customers like criminals. If they see a big occurance of this then they might change the way the audit team does their audits. Maybe they will fire their as*es. Anyway, sorry you had to go through this. I now have all of my receivers connected to phones.

Are these guys auditing people outside of the 18 month commitment?

Basically if I sign a 18month commitment and I fail their audit wil under contract and they turn me off, then am I still liable for the payments?

I don't see how considering they E* is not filling their part of the obligation.

mlrtime3 said:
Basically if I sign a 18month commitment and I fail their audit wil under contract and they turn me off, then am I still liable for the payments?
I don't see how considering they E* is not filling their part of the obligation.

They will only turn off receivers other than the one listed as Primary even if the Primary receiver is not hooked to a phone line.

They will also not turn off other than Primary receivers hooked to phonelines.

So, yes, since you are still getting service on at least one receiver they will still make you pay.

If you are under the 18 month contract and all the receivers are not where they are supposed to be, they will shut them off. That's the purpose of the audit, to find account stacking, contract or not.

If all the receivers are where they are supposed to be, an audit shouldn't be a problem.

mlrtime3 said:

Technically, if a phone line isn't attached, you're the one violating the contract. You'd could still be liable for any termination fee if no receivers remained active.

When I had Dish installed about 2 years ago the installer said I did'nt need to have the phone line connected. However I had him connect the box in the living room so I could utilize the caller id feature but the box in my bedroom has never had a phone line connected.

When I had Dish installed my cell phone got sh***y service at my house so that's why I still have a land line however I have excellent coverage at my house now so I could get rid of my phone service if it was'nt for having to have a line connected to my Tivo box. Also the cheapest I can get my phone service at home for is about 25 dollars a month so it's a big expense just so I can plug it into equipement.

I have 5 receivers active in my house. I was in California when they first called. I called them back when they told me I "had" to call them. Yadda yadda yadda...

I finally get back, come home on my lunch break and walk through while they check each machine. 2 Are hooked up to phone lines as they are near jacks, the other three are in rooms with no jacks (Two bedrooms and a basement). They thank me and that was the end of it for me. I wonder if I'll get another call back soon since I've since swapped in 2 508s for the Dishplayers I had in my kids rooms....

If I get audited even though my receivers are connected to a phone line I will probably tell them to shove it and that I'm going to DirecTv unless they have a heck of a deal to entice me to stay for my aggervation (free 622).

jhutchings said:
Well got home today called the audit team and went through the next 25 minutes being treated like a sub human. I was told upfront not to put down the phone or talk to anyone else, that would invalidate the test. I spent the next 25 minutes going from one receiver to another. In the end I was told I passed and the reason for the test was to save customers money, etc and to be a good little customer in the future by getting a land line and connecting all of my receivers to it.

If i was treated rudely like that I would wait till the point they say you pass. At that point would be the perfect moment to say. Please cancel my account. I think that would have the largest impact on them. That would also start to raise flags in dish network if that department was handling several cancelations.

I wonder what is the motivation behind this costly audit business.
Even if people were sharing accounts which might be a motivation it is good for Dishnetwork. Let me explain my thought...
Each person has a budgeted amount they are willing to spend on TV. Say $40, well if two people join their 40s they have 80 and they will be able to purchase a little more programing between the two of them. DN will continue getting $80 total but there are savings such as one less account to account and manage, one less royalty to the program producers, etc. In other words they would be selling the same revenue for less cost.

There are other things to consider such as the elimination of the audit team which I am sure is another cost. It is like big gov. the bigger it becomes the more they want to control people and they are willing to spend in additional bureocracy (sp) which results in added costs which results in additional cost to the subscribers, now we have an explanation for a portion of the new incREASES which are huge by comparison to previous ones.

It might be that with less accounts they can charge less to advertisers but that can be resolved by conducting periodic census to find out how many viewers each account has. Still bothering people but less.....

ok some other ideas please

peperuiz said:
I wonder what is the motivation behind this costly audit business.
ok some other ideas please

I have told my story here before of my audit experience a couple of years ago. I believe I was one of the first. When the call was made the CSR started with the routine of the location ID's and all was going fine until she started naming off receivers I don't even own.

Obviously something fishy was going on at Dish for the extra receivers the CSR was accusing me of having were not showing up on my bill as $5 for each additional STB. The only ones I was getting billed for I owned and yes they were hooked to phone lines.

The call became more and more accusatory on the part of the CST to a point I became concerned when she threatened legal action.

The only advice I could give her was take any receivers up and beyond the ones I claimed were in my house and disconnect the rest because I don't own them or have any knowledge of them.

This is what the CSR ended up doing but still implied I was up to something . Even after I asked if I had these receivers where was the $5 charge for each on my bill? She could not come up with an answer. She continued on with her speech of Dish policies concerning sharing Dish services explaining that is theft of services and a crime.

I should have canceled on the spot but did not and have heard nothing since.
By the way, I have been a Dish customer since 1996 at $100 per month.

My thought on this is somehow unscrupulous Dish employees were activating receivers for friends on other persons accounts and somehow deleting the $5 per month charge in the computer to hide the illegal receivers.

This is why I believe the audit occurred.

Here is a thought. What about people who now can access their shared receivers via slingbox or sling blade or what ever they call it now via the internet? Then you can keep up with your shared receiver via this device and when the audit police call you could just turn it on via the internet and still see the information screen right? What would tip them off if you did this?

I'll say it again, the audits are more a function of people that have purchased PPV and keep their phonelines unplugged. The codes tell them if there are purchases not reported as well.

The account sharing is minimal and secondary.

MikeD-C05 said:
What would tip them off if you did this?

Reading your post at SatelliteGuys prior to calling you. :) Seriously, that is an interesting possible solution.

HDTVFanAtic said:
I'll say it again, the audits are more a function of people that have purchased PPV and keep their phonelines unplugged. The codes tell them if there are purchases not reported as well.

The account sharing is minimal and secondary.

In the ten years I have been a Dish customer I have only bought 3 pay per views and all receivers are on phone lines. I was audited even thou. See my post just above.

NightRyder said:
They aren't supposed to, but I have read accounts where the Nazi audit team has mistakenly gone after a customer who had all his receivers connected.

NightRyder
its no mistake on my case they told me they were coming after me for having 5 dns cities instead of 2

funny how the only people with any authority in the company are the auditors themselves

exec. office resolution team always solves nothing

Hey dish keep up the good work the only benefactors are cable and dtv

motorcycle_rider said:
If i was treated rudely like that I would wait till the point they say you pass. At that point would be the perfect moment to say. Please cancel my account. I think that would have the largest impact on them. That would also start to raise flags in dish network if that department was handling several cancelations.
there are no flags within dish, as soon as you leave there are 5 people behind you willing to sign up

DISH IS FULLY OF TRICKERY AND DECEIT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)